R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #1591
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb60 View Post
Does that mean we will see a TB-03R soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
well you know tamiya im guessing end of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
The brace is for reducing flex at the cantilever pivot points.

AND..... On the TB03 "R" I can't help but to say;

"I told you so!" (Nearly 8 months ago)

couple months late.
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #1592
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just finished my build and have a problem that hopefully you guys can help with. My front and rear are going in different directions. When I try to go foward the front wants to go foward but the rear wants to go backwards or vice versa. Any suggestions?
====================================================================
djmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #1593
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike View Post
I just finished my build and have a problem that hopefully you guys can help with. My front and rear are going in different directions. When I try to go foward the front wants to go foward but the rear wants to go backwards or vice versa. Any suggestions?
Make sure you put in your diffs correctly.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #1594
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

AAAhhhhh I am back in the TB03 camp
good to be home
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #1595
Tech Master

Quote:
my friend played a prank on us by putting his front diff in backwards on his tt01. He was like "My car's not going anywhere!" Sad thing is, it took us a while to figure out what was going on.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #1596
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
my friend played a prank on us by putting his front diff in backwards on his tt01. He was like "My car's not going anywhere!" Sad thing is, it took us a while to figure out what was going on.
I will be tearing it apart tomorrow to see whats wrong. While I am at it I am putting a one way unit in anyway.

Does anyone know where to get GOOD screw kits for this car in the U.S.? I purchased a set of blue ones off ebay and they are the WORST SCREWS I have ever purchased. Too soft and strip way too damn easy! I paid 30.00 for them and they were a waste of money. The color comes off as soon as you put a tool in them.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #1597
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have a novak havoc esc for sale if intrested plz me ill send pics and info
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #1598
Tech Master

Quote:
I will be tearing it apart tomorrow to see whats wrong. While I am at it I am putting a one way unit in anyway.

Does anyone know where to get GOOD screw kits for this car in the U.S.? I purchased a set of blue ones off ebay and they are the WORST SCREWS I have ever purchased. Too soft and strip way too damn easy! I paid 30.00 for them and they were a waste of money. The color comes off as soon as you put a tool in them.
You can get Ti screw set for it. I think 3Racing makes one. I have the Blue and Ti set from RCChamp when I ordered my Tb03. The point is to use the Ti screws on the underside of chassis and places where you need strength. The blue Al ones are used mainly on the upper half of the chassis. One important thing about these screws is to tap the holes with a 3mm tap first. This is done on areas that you think will be opened a lot(gear box etc) When tightening, stop when you feel it go in snug. You don't need a whole lot of torque to keep them in there. Either way you do this, you will end up with hex head screws which will make your life much easier.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #1599
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't know too many places to get a good blue screw kit for any Tamiya kit here in the states.

Your best option is RC Champ. They have the best screw kits for Tamiya cars. No color loss, strong screws, Ti screws for the bottom, dead on Tamiya blue and always extra screws in the screw kits, and good price.

Used to be all that, and a GREAT price, but the exchange rate suck right now though...
Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #1600
Tech Fanatic

i use fastner express link:
http://www.fastener-express.com/inde...S&Category=218
I use the buton head m3 and socket head m3 and they match my tamiya ones exactly.
never had a problem and only use them in non stress areas on touring cars.
I use Ti on the rest. see pics below
just order a few bags of 25 pieces of each size you need . like 5$ a bag and you will have enough screws to make lots of cars.....1x6mm,1x8mm,1x10mm,1x12mm,1x14mm...get the idea....25.00 for 125 screws....good deal....
they have all kinds of stuff and in the USA too so fast shipping.
have fun.
The tb03 pic has socket m3 in the ft and phillips in the rear...the f1 pic has all button head so take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TB-03-tb5.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-dscn3372.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #1601
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its been a while since I used fastener express. Screws were always good quality and a good value, but the last time I used them their screws were more Associated blue that Tamiya(a bit too dark). But looking at those pics, it seems things have changed color wise.

So you have another option for the screws if your not looking for a pre-made screw kit. Like fat500 said, grab yourself a couple bags of the button and flat and you'll be good for the top of the car. Then you can go Ti or stainless steel for the bottom. If I don't get a full screw kit for a car, then I'll often just take the manual with me to the local Ace Hardware and replace the bottom screws with stainless flatheads. They come with a 2mm hex, so they're perfect.

If your are looking for a pre made screw kit though, rc champ is still the best option. And shipping from there to the states is usually only 3 days.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #1602
Tech Initiate

Thank you to all that replied, its been a big help giving me this info. I never knew about the Titanium for high stressed areas but I can see why. Good thing its only February and this is my winter project. I am taking the car apart as we speak. Some of the screws I used are giving me a hard time. I already drilled out 3 screws. At this rate I may be done by March!!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #1603
Tech Fanatic

get yourself a "dubro" brand metric M3 tap. cost about 8.00. Pre tap the holes and you will always have a perfectly snug fit.
If you cannot find the tap(try google or ebay) use a steel m3 screw to pre tap the holes with. Thake longer but works good too
TB03 Power
@darkseid...I have had problems with the color matching in the past but the new stuff seems to be better. I always tell them in a note with my order to try to match the colors across the sizes for me.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #1604
Tech Initiate

Well my front diff was the problem.Its gone now and I installed the spool and its fine. Servo is due here tomorow.Its coming together!! Just ordered my screws and tap for my Valentines gift.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #1605
Tech Master

Talking DROOP!

I just recently bought a used TB-03 and I am impressed with it's performance so far but there is one thing I seem to be having a problem adding more droop in the front. I checked everything and the only thing that is preventing me from adding more droop is the camber link itself.
Is anybody else having this problem and if you did what did you do to correct it.
Last issue is the rear diff. I'm unable to tighten it anymore but it still feels a little to loose. Not sure why I can't tighten it up anymore.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote