Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABC Hobby Genetic (4wd Touring Mini)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Would be cool for a belt driven Genetic. I love mine. Got a lot of hop up parts that seem to help the car run smooth. Im pretty sure they have them in stock at ABC Hobby. I havent had any problems with them being out of stock on parts. TQ has parts available and the coolest thing ever is there turn around time for ordering parts. Ive ordered parts friday and had them on my front porch Monday after work!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

abc usa is out of stock on all kits. you gotta click a kit for it to show out of stock. parts are still available.

i might have to stock up if a new one is in the works. i prefer the shaft drive.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Team Atlas Beat was/is a belt drive version of the Genetic. All the suspension components were identical and the car was actually made by ABC.
So if they wanted a belt drive Genetic they could very easily just dust off the Beat tooling and away they go...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony gray
The Team Atlas Beat was/is a belt drive version of the Genetic. All the suspension components were identical and the car was actually made by ABC.
So if they wanted a belt drive Genetic they could very easily just dust off the Beat tooling and away they go...
Have not seen any pics of that car! I dont see why they couldnt have two versions of the car.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

RC Soup's Genetic.. you can win this in our upcoming benefit.

Complete build article:
http://www.rcsoup.com/2012/10/abc-ho...-mini-chassis/
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

fyi genetic's are back in stock @ abchobbyusa!

i just got mine out last night, racing it tonight for the first time since last winter. can't wait, i love this car! the trx 1/16 rally's and hpi cup racers don't stand a chance tonight! (i'm the only genetic, it's almost unfair lol)

but hey it's an open 4wd mini class so anything goes.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

So whats going on with ABC Hobby? Seems a lot of things are out of stock or discontinued lately. Nothing really new as of late.

Have an ABC Genetic sitting here but wondering if I should keep it...
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
So whats going on with ABC Hobby? Seems a lot of things are out of stock or discontinued lately. Nothing really new as of late.

Have an ABC Genetic sitting here but wondering if I should keep it...
I just got one from abchobbies.com. Fast shipping and great service. The guy even sent me the invoice with smiley face on it :O
The default set up needs to be checked with set up tool. Mine's rear camber was really out of whack at 4.5. Lt and Rt droops are different from each other. Rear toe was 4 in. Front was 0. Default setting says front 1 toe in and rear 3 in. Ride height was too low at 3mm. When I ran the car briefly w/o changing anything except the right height being at 8-9mm, the car ran just fine but the car stopped at mid corner yet didn't lose grip easily. I was using Sunny Truck, which is not the most aerodynamic body.
Today, I checked all the setting and made some changes
Camber: -1 all around
Downstops: front 0 rear 3 (This is really the default setup and I decided not to touch it till I test this car again on the track)
Right height: 6mm front and rear. There's a limitation to fine adjustment of ride height due to the lack of shock thread.
Toe: Front 0 Rear 4 in. This is also default setting.

Anybody, pitch in your idea if you have any recommendation or comment about my set up. Thanks,
Old 11-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

So I bought one of Josh-n-ya's Genetics a while back and I finally got around to installing the electronics in it over the weekend and plan to paint this 55 Chevy for some racing this weekend:

I can't wait to see how this car runs in comparison to my old Cup Racer... the class died when HPI announced that they were discontinuing the Cup Racer, now another racer and I are going to try to spark some interest in reviving the M-Class/ GT12 series locally.

I contacted Yusuke at ABC Hobby USA, and he says that he has an order of cars arriving soon. Crossing my fingers for a good day of racing to convince others to start buying Genetic's too!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What are the chances Bill? I was going to browse through this thread for some ideas and you go off and bump it up! That Chevy will look sweet!

I know your Genetic will pwn my M05, but I imagine it will be good fun on Sunday regardless. As for me getting a Genetic, not sure if I'll pick one up anytime soon. Actually, I'm on the fence on the Genetic or the Ofna JL12e (Active Hobby A210 DS). Either way, we'll see how many M-scalers come out from their caves after this.

EDIT: I meant Active Hobby A210, not Atomik VMii

Last edited by Rodarbal; 11-26-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Too funny RJ... be sure to read up on that JL12e / A210... I heard it was kinda weak sauce from this review here:

http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index....189&Itemid=178

I think you'll have a distinct advantage with your M05 since you've already geared it to the moon.... this will be my first race day so I have no clue what FDR I can do yet, chances are my top speed will be super slow until I get the gearing figured out. Hopefully HobbyTown has some 66T 48P spurs to go with a 39T 48P pinion which would put me near a 4.2 FDR... I think it's close to a 5.9 FDR right now

Last edited by billdelong; 11-26-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

At the end of the article RCMini.net doesn't put the JL12e/A210 in bad light. Great bang for the M-scale buck, IMO. Obviously, out of the box they had some issues.

The gearing on the M05 is pretty limited, so you can't gear it to the moon, or the Deathstar for that matter.

In box stock form, it's quite... slow. I'm pretty certain the Genetic with its AWD and adjustability will run circles around me.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, but the next time we drove it both ball diffs melted and the plastic outdrives broke as well.
Cheap it might be, a bargain its not. Genetic is better, Atomic VM II is better again, Top Sabre beats em all....
Old 11-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong
So I bought one of Josh-n-ya's Genetics a while back and I finally got around to installing the electronics in it over the weekend and plan to paint this 55 Chevy for some racing this weekend:

I can't wait to see how this car runs in comparison to my old Cup Racer... the class died when HPI announced that they were discontinuing the Cup Racer, now another racer and I are going to try to spark some interest in reviving the M-Class/ GT12 series locally.

I contacted Yusuke at ABC Hobby USA, and he says that he has an order of cars arriving soon. Crossing my fingers for a good day of racing to convince others to start buying Genetic's too!
Looks great! Awhile back alright, like almost a year! It only takes a couple of drivers to get the spark going. I was glad here when VTA started only from a few. Now theres almost two heats!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tony gray
Top Sabre beats em all....
Never heard of the Top Sabre... is it even for sale yet? Are there any distributors in the US who are going to pick this brand up?

I have to say that it looks like an extremely promising design!

It sure would be nice to see ABC Hobby come up with a belt drive design similar to this car:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.