Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default International GT Series

Well I have had most of the Top Cars From T/C to 1/8 Scale Nitro.
I have been testing a 1/10 scale Pan Cars for the last 12 months.

I changed the post and the pictures because it upset some people
I see the GT Series a Pro 10 Series and there are others I am sure.

This all started because I asked a question about running pan cars in the Vintage Trans Am Series, and well No you can not Run a Pan Car in a T/C type Series.

So Here We Have The New International GT Series This Class Will be for GT Bodies and Pan Cars Only!

This is a 200mm format.

GT Bodies Only 200mm.

List to come

4600mah Cells No Lipos

Brushless Motors Only 13.5

Foam Tires (Pan Car Tires)
Attached Thumbnails Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-clc-mlp.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-clc-mlp-camaro.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-fseara_006.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-fseara_016.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-sccared02%5B2%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Cunningham1972; 03-19-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think that the pan cars should run more modern bodies and be their own class... Thios coming from someone who runs T/A and loves pan cars and intends to buy one of the new ones.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

A GT40 class would be Pretty Cool too.
Dave
Old 03-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think that we should let the VTA boys run those bodies since people are at least beginning to associate them with that class. I think that the pan car class ought to tend more toward a SPEED GT type model. Itd be great to see Vipers, Corvettes, Supras, Skylines, Aston Martins, Porsche 911s and Mercedes CLKs in the pan car class.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Smells like MLP in here

Cunningham is that you buddy
Old 03-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

No. I am Taking over MLP From Marty.

MLP is Now C.L.C Racing Concepts.

and can be found at www.mlpmotorsports.net

C.C.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garthe Knight
Smells like MLP in here

Cunningham is that you buddy
I am here Kinght.

email me.

I have sold off MLP because of my poor health Chris will do fine with the company I will still be doing the Designs and he will be doing the rest.

it will still be MLP but it will be CLC - MLP.

I am going to make molds and bodies for r/c cars we are thinking of what we call scale realism for 1/10 and 1/12 pan cars.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Frankly, I would be extremely disappointed to see another class using the same basic style format as the USVTA. Dividing up the participation and following of our class only hurts everyone in the long run. We have something really great being built, and something like this could really stunt the growth of Trans Am.

From everything that I have seen about the Pro10 class, most are aiming towards more current 200mm GT-based bodies, which the selection is enormous.

I think for a broader appeal, the wise choice is to pattern this class after the way the USVTA has been organized and structured, but do it with your own body style, tires and powerplant choices. IMO, LiPos on 17.5s in a pan car with contemporary GT bodies on it would be a blast, and a fantastic companion class to Vintage Trans Am.

Just my 2¢.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think you are right !!!!!!!!

Lets find something else to run.

Imsa GTP cars like the 1/12 scale class I run in.

our 1/12 scale class is Windtunnel 962 bodies and 4600 batteries and 13.5 motors! Only.

just need to make the bodies.

Done

Yes I took over MLP 60% of it and Marty has 60% of CLC I will do all I can to make MLP one of the best in the market Today, Yes we all know about the touring car I own everyone of the cars MLP has made and that is why I am doing this his health has let him down.

He will be making bodies for our cars what we call scale realism !

Thanks

C.C.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Would it not be more constructive for the class as a whole to use bodies already available to everyone? You'd see much faster growth...

Protoform C6 Corvette

HPI Nissan 350Z

HPI Honda S2000

HPI Ford GT

HPI Toyota Supra GT

HPI Acura NSX

HPI Porsche 911 Turbo

HPI Dodge Viper GTS-R

And MANY Others to choose from

Just a thought...
Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I'm going to disagree.Since the picture is of my Purple cuda has been shown.There was also a green and white Shelby mustang that was also run in the combined class in our florida state series. I've seen no problem running with the TC guys.I would have tested more at our last race but I couldn't.The orginal plan was to get more of the pan cars and split the class into pan and TC. Just go out get the cars if you don't have one and run them. All this other stuff will work itself out when there are cars on the track.99% of you out there race local- just get together with your guys and run what you want to!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Do you realize that no one makes 200m GTP bodies?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I would love to see these bodies. They are all made by active hobby and are available
Attached Thumbnails Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-newman3.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-ac280_3_680.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-gt007_2l.jpg  
Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Well I'm going to disagree.Since the picture is of my Purple cuda has been shown.There was also a green and white Shelby mustang that was also run in the combined class in our florida state series. I've seen no problem running with the TC guys.I would have tested more at our last race but I couldn't.The orginal plan was to get more of the pan cars and split the class into pan and TC. Just go out get the cars if you don't have one and run them. All this other stuff will work itself out when there are cars on the track.99% of you out there race local- just get together with your guys and run what you want to!
I do not have a problem running with the T/C T/A Cars they do not want us in there class and I guess thats fine. your picture is back up there.

C.C.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Do you realize that no one makes 200m GTP bodies?
We are running Wind tunnel 962 in 1/12 scale class cars.

And yes there is one or two nitro bodies out there But I think we might look at making one.

C.C.
Attached Thumbnails Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-newman3.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-elec3_mlp.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-elec_mlp11.jpg   Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?-gtp100.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.