R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #61
Tech Champion

I have seen a fair few changes to r/c racing and especially cell capacity over my years of racing....

Ive owned sanyo 1200sc, 1400scr, 1700,2000, GP33,37,4200 right through to IB4200.

Cells are just one thing that have changed club racing a lot over the years, as well as the development,features and size of electronics in general.

For me, club racing on parking lots was a very sucessful era when we had the sanyo 1700, going through to GP3300. I firmly believe the reason for this is because the difference between good and bad electrical parts was not a particually big gap.

Neither was chassis development, sure it was getting better but the less experienced could get away with a wrong spring/oil choice and ride on the tyres still without the car pushing that much.

Now we have a massive variety of equipment out there, some I wouldnt even look twice at, some which is very complex and can really make a difference to even the average racer out there.

Something tells me the sparkle of parking lot racing has been lost in the majority of cases because of the reasons above, as well as custom built tracks and the lack of a support class for the newcomer.

And if rules are put in place for the newcomer, its a loose loose situation for them to spend more $ getting their cars to a "spec" level.

It is a shame to see, but we all want the latest and greatest.... And with not enough new blood in the sport, a lot of us go straight to the custom made track for our racing where it is seen to be a professional place to race, rather than some place like Walmart we go to get groceries....
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

Well down here in fla. parkin lot racing is making a big comeback,we have a mall here in st pete that lets us race every night,well i mean they havent told us to stop yet lol,Its parkside mall if you come to fla check it out.Oh yeah does any one know of a good place for pink foams for a 1/10 elec car?
windjammr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #63
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jake should have them in stock and he ship out ever day.
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #64
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
we race in a Home Depot.. we showed up with a car painted up like tony stewarts and the rest is history.. been there like 3 years now..
Hey this is great to know, I'm trying to get our local Homedepot interested but the manager is not too convinced, I might have to get a car painted with the right colors
So how is it working out so far?... I would love to know the specifics. are there any pics of that track?, one with the homedepot in the back would be amazing. I want to show it to the manager, there shouldn't be any problem for them to grant us permission if its already been done elsewhere! which homedepot is it?
Rufus2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #65
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kyle "hitawall" View Post
here are some pics from the FSEARA state race at superior hobbies.

and here is the web site for FSEARA.
Thank you for helping me out on those pics last month.

Parking lot racing here in Orlando (Superior Hobbies) has begun to thrive again with 90 entries this month. I believe this could be due to stabilization of brushless motors and speed controllers. Superior Hobbies still supports the newcomer every month with the Sportsman class.
SSUPERSTARR is offline   Reply With Quote