Wiki Posts
Search

IB 4600 SHV

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghuber
Believe what you want the believe. Just look around though, battery matchers that have not carried IB cells in quite a while are putting them back into their inventory lineups. That should tell you something.
Yeah, it tells me that those battery matchers are still trying squeeze that very last cent out of old NiMH tech.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bought some of these SHV's. I just need some batteries for this season. I tested 30 of these one dead cell. I ll try to convince it later

I used ctx charge on 2 of these cells to see whats the deal...

one cell was at 1.649volts the other was at 1.589V when it peaked out. 32.9 and 33.7 celcius. roughly around 3900 mah...

I ll charge them all to see the values then build couple packs and test them...

IB4200 are fine (usually LOL) I had cuple of them blow up on occasion, but we love living on the edge The old 4200's were much better compared to the WC series.

they have deifnately done something as the old IB4200 weighs 69gr and the WC is 79gr. 10gr is huge for a cell IMHO.

I have 3 orion 4200WC which are stable and fast.
I have 2 zeppin 4200WC which are not stable but fast
I have 2 yokomo 4200s which are stable, slow but light
I have 4 SMC 4200s. Unstable, slow but light weight they are going to my drift car

I thing the best batteries I have ever used were the sanyo 1700SCR, Sanyo 2400SCR and GP3700

what ever came after the 3700 left question marks floating in mid air...

To sum it, if you wanna go out witha bang use IB4200WC (I had 4 blow ups. 1 in car, 2 in charge, 1 in cycle) no incuries Luckily

I think in the end due to being more unstable, we will all endup switching to Lipos unless one o these manufactureres makes abattery that actually works...
Old 06-12-2008, 09:33 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonas_h
i have just found the SHV on redrc.net. is the shv only a sticker? in europe the only allowed 4600 is the normal version. if this is a sticker i could remove ist and use them in europe

regards
jonas
Yes..it is just a sticker.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Guys,

From what I have been seeing lately battery matching Co. are sitting on a great deal of Nmh cells because of the fact that many are making the switch to Lipo. With that being said cells are are not being sold at the velocity that they once were and the matchers are stuck with an overload of cells...

This will probably create a couple of things to happen. First off these cells will be sitting around for a long time and consequentally we will be finding more dead cells as we make our purchases. Second of all companies may start doing some crazy things to get us to buy cells ie. SHV lable or possibly different shrink wrap claming a new cell...
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

March to my own .... ignorance is bliss in your case

Some info for you ...

The 4600SHV is a far different cell to the previous 4200 and 4600 cell ... higher rauntime and voltage.

As for matchers having cells laying around .... not likely .... have you ever heard of buying smaller quantities? That is what happens now.

It is rumours and rubbish like what you have said that make it truth. I was sceptical at first that this was a new cell but from the figures I have been getting it is a far different cell
Old 06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Canon,

The "SHV" cell is the same junk IB as all the rest. The will be ballistic for 2 to 3 runs then cells will start dropping like flies. Espicially in Mod.

"Ignorance"

I have forgotten more about batteries then you will ever know.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Canon,

The "SHV" cell is the same junk IB as all the rest. The will be ballistic for 2 to 3 runs then cells will start dropping like flies. Espicially in Mod.
For once I'll actually agree with you 100%

EA
Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

So these batteries are about as good as firecrackers...

use them once, enjoy the show, and toss them when the smoke clears.

Sucks...because being an oval racer NiMH is kinda imposed upon me. I limit myself to a new pack about every 8 weeks hoping the rules and brushless tech swings to LiPO.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
So these batteries are about as good as firecrackers...

use them once, enjoy the show, and toss them when the smoke clears.

Sucks...because being an oval racer NiMH is kinda imposed upon me. I limit myself to a new pack about every 8 weeks hoping the rules and brushless tech swings to LiPO.
Trail, have you tried EnergG? i run 5 cell mod and and im very surprised with these cells. Very consistent from tun to run. They seem to have lower IR than IB, but a tiny bit less voltage. For me they are as good as IB punch wise, but in stock it could be different.