Search

Difference in muchmore chargers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Difference in muchmore chargers

Hi
I would like to know if there are any big differences in these chargers, so far all i see is that the price is different.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTYX6&P=7

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...&pn=MCHMMCTXCB

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTYX8&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTYX7&P=7

I am doing club torungcar and 1/12 racing. So which would be the best for me
Old 05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

the cell masters are the older chargers they have, they doa fantastic job of charging NI-MH packs with soo many features. The cell masters come in, black, blue and purple. Its also a DC only charger meaning you need a p/s.

Their newer line of chargers are the silent chargers, they can do Li-po and NI-MH, the silent chargers only come in black.

The silent chargers still do a fantastic job of charging NI-Mh so don't be afraid to get one of these over the cell master. They come with and without power supplies built into these. The ac/dc has the supply in it from the factory so it costs more, but if you already have a p/s then get the DC version.

If your concerned about the color and really want the silent charger because it does li-po, buy the silent charger, and then the cell master in your chosen color, swap the board from the silent charger into the colored case of the cell master and the fans. Then you will have a colored silent charger! If you need a write up on this I can step you thru it, its very simple.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

In the write ups it say the cell masters do lipos as well. is this write

So what you are saying is they are all great chargers and can't go wrong with any of them
Old 05-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

they are liars, the cell master charges li-po max 1amp. See they don't tell you that until you open the box and read the instructions, however on the outside of the box it says it can charge lipo, very very misleading. Actually, it charges "Li-ION", which may or may not be different from Lithium polymer.

Im sure Muchmore could be sued for damages from mis direction.

Its best to stick with the silent chargers.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Get the Silent Platinum charger. It has a selectable sensitivity function for you Nimh batteries. Charges Lipo awesomely too.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportpak
Get the Silent Platinum charger. It has a selectable sensitivity function for you Nimh batteries. Charges Lipo awesomely too.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) the Cell Masters all have the super linear charging features that set it apart from most chargers. I don't think the Silent charger has this for the nimh mode.

If you want a the best dedicated nimh charger.. then the Cell master is it. My batteries have always performed better since I switched to this charger (from LRP pulsars back in the day). IF you want something more for lipo's, then I would get the Silent Charger, or even check out the vast variety of other lipo chargers out there. The Checkpoint charger is pretty cool too!

And also, lithium ion cells are typically 3.6v nominal a cell while lithium polymer cells are 3.7v nominal a cell.

-Korey
Old 05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive got 2 Cell Masters, an early and later model one and they have different version of the software on them. V1.1 and V9 I think(comes up when you turn it on).
Does anyone know of any significant differences between these?