Originally Posted by kn7671
As for the motors, they sure look identical other than the colors, removable plug, and smooth end-bells. We will know as soon as someone tears one down for us.
Ok, got the Losi system, and I WAS WRONG.... I took the Losi motor apart, and while there are many similarities, the motors are different.
- Same diameter rotor as Novak, but overall length is shorter. Spacing between placement of bearings is slightly shorter.
- Same size bearings on each end
- Laser engraved with Motor Spec, deeper than Novak end-bell, thus making center ring narrower than Novak.
- Plug is hard soldered on ESC wire board, small bearing is held in aluminum end of motor bell for truer centering, not the plastic timing ring assembly like the Novak.
- Same length, but quality of windings is lower than Novak, and cleanliness of stack assembly is horrible, appears to be rosin or flux of some type coating the stack and wires, quite messy. The stack is also slightly larger in diameter, so Novak rings will not fit, even if narrowed.
- Plug is hard soldered directly to the power board, very sturdy.
- Same 3 screws as Novak, cover slides off over the sensor plug, sensor plug is flush with Cover when installed and secured with 3 screws.
- yet to be tested and compared to Novak. Other than the messy stack, I see no reason to expect poor performance.
As for the ESC, I don't have my GTB to compare it to anymore, but the Losi ESC is completely laid out the same.