Wiki Posts
Search

Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
has anybody tried to get any bodies from vansinvent lately?
I have not been able to contact them at all. But, MLP is coming out with a new body for the Viper F1 in a long (F201 wheelsbase) and short (F103) since the Viper will be made in both versions. July is the expected date for reopening. Tally, I'm sending you a pm.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mike.k
what foam tires can be run on the F103RM? (or the old F103's)

does anyone have any part numbers to tamiya tires and wheels or any other brands?

thanks in advance
Well I had them here. No problem though. Just go to tower hobbies and check the F103GT parts. That's where they are listed. They are the old servo tape deals that have been around forever. The mounted foams are still avaiable for the Duratrax Delphi Indycar which are F103 wheels. These are the TM racing tires and wheels for the F103. TM has stopped prodution on them but they are still in stock at tower. The best (and cheapest) option for racng is still 1/12th foam (Corally) and a tire glue of your choice. Better traction and longer life than with the green only foams.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

I found the #'s from Tower.
Tamiya Fronts, LXGH00 Limited supply
Tamiya rear, LXGH01 arrive late June.
Duratrax,front, LXFAT8 in stock
Duratrax rear, LXFAT9 in stock.
Hope this helps.
My guess would be that if this catches on then TM Racing may start back up with 103 mounted wheels and tires again. They have had them for a long time and just recently decided to stop making them. I guess if the market comes back then why not make a few $'s with it.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RURC
Oscar.,
That is a very unique rear suspension. Very nice and clean.
Tested it last week,
works realy good.

The balance is realy good now.

Some improvement could come ,
new version will have a slightly softer rear suspension.

Also tested with 24 mm touringcar tires,
didnt look nice, lot of overstear.
The overstear could be compensated with a higher compound
at the front.

But it looked so awfull i wont do that again.
Could however be usefull with the Audi R8r of my son.

Got a hint from Walawalastore to compensate the weight ont the right rear
wheel, since that side of the rear axl is much heavier.
Dont know how to fix that problem,
noticed a left turning effect when getting to soon on the throtle
out of an corner.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Cross parts and kits.

we just start to import this brand.
nice products and the nicest class to race

we have already most parts and kits so check us out in the coming weeks for more bodies ect.

parts
http://www.the-border.com/home.php?cat=610

bodies
http://www.the-border.com/home.php?cat=612
Old 06-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

I wish someone would start selling them again in the USA, Schumacher did for a while but they stopped. THe Cross is a very good platform. I bet th enewer stuff is even better.

I wish MLP would answer their email I would positively like to get several of their items.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Has the Cross Racing GT Body set 1/10 cfp-72 also a frond bumper with body mount?
and does it fit on the old corally f1?
Old 06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RURC

I wish MLP would answer their email I would positively like to get several of their items.

hang in there if you can..
Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Damn....I wish we had a Formula 1 following locally. I love the F1 circuit and would love to run a class of them here. But, Im afraid that Im all alone on that one.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Force it on them! That's what we did. We started this series with 3 cars. And we bought it up to 43 entries in less than a year with big races coming up soon. The 2nd annual F1 builders cup is coming this September with lots of companies coming this year to compete against each other. like I said, force it on'em! If you need any help or info on how to set it up just let me know. It will grow now that Tamiya is coming back this month with the F103RM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I now have a f103 on order, . Do any of you guys know where to get tires from? I looked on the Tamiya website and saw nothing for tires but noticed a lot of carbon and alloy parts are about to get released soon for the 103.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

And we do love our carbon and alloy parts! Anyhoo, the tires are still availible from www.towerhobbies.com. Just search F103 and look around. Tamiya has always had them in stock, they just kind of got lost in all the touring craze. Now it's our turn again!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Why did Tamiya discontinue everyone of their F1 kits and parts?
I searched for the F103RM and no pics available. Anyone know where to find a pic?

I'll try to (force) it on my local club but.........this is Offroad and TC country respectively. Nothing wrong with that but....I'll roll one out on my TC track. Let's just see who wants to drive it when I'm out there. ...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDover
Why did Tamiya discontinue everyone of their F1 kits and parts?
I searched for the F103RM and no pics available. Anyone know where to find a pic?

I'll try to (force) it on my local club but.........this is Offroad and TC country respectively. Nothing wrong with that but....I'll roll one out on my TC track. Let's just see who wants to drive it when I'm out there. ...
here is the link to the tamiya website with pics. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49498

If i get my f103 ready by wednesday i will race it, hopefully that will get more ppl interested in f1.

Anyone got pics of the M Type body that comes with the F103RM?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

I saw a pic of the Canadians using the new cars w/body. For some reason it is the old low nose type??? The pic on the box I've seen shows the same outline. Not to worry though, MLP already has a high-nose body that will fit.

Hey Dover, The joke around here is that Tamiya has a meeting every Thursday to decide what they are going to discontinue that week. It's strange that they do that when people are still racing "and winning" with the F201. But it was not a total failure for the F103, parts have always been avalable for that car since they have been using the frame for other projects. I guess when they sell all the Mini's those racers will have to buy the next great idea.
Yes, we are offroad and TC here as well. But we are gaining in numbers and taking some offroad guys with us!
Let me go ahead and put this in.

Richard Hall
Director
F1 AllStar Tour
F1 Builders Cup
Going into our 5th year of F1 racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.