Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You made that pretty car and you are giving it to George?!?! The car looks great Marty, I cant wait to see it in person!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
You made that pretty car and you are giving it to George?!?! The car looks great Marty, I cant wait to see it in person!
What was I thinkin' Yep he came up with the Idea!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Any such animal as a 1/18th F1?
Not that I know of Tamiya did have a Tam - Tech 1/14 scale F1 this I know I have one and about 6 bodies New in boxes still. Now that would be cool to come back out with a 1/14 scale car again. Same motor and batteries as your 1/18 scale cars. Brushless in that now that would be fast!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Never race anything you can pit out of a Spiderman lunchbox!

What ever happened to that Carisma F1 car. Wasn't it a 1/18th? It actually looked like a 1/10th in the test until I read the specs on it.

By the way, I was looking through ebay and found something for the F201 guys. An exact copy of the 201 from some undisclosed country. No link but it does show up from time to time...PARTS!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
Never race anything you can pit out of a Spiderman lunchbox!

What ever happened to that Carisma F1 car. Wasn't it a 1/18th? It actually looked like a 1/10th in the test until I read the specs on it.

This Car?

The Carisma F14 is a 1/14-scale F1 chassis that is ready-to-run.

- R380 sport motor
- Rear wheel drive
- Independent front suspension
- T-bar type rear suspension
- 7.2V rechargeable battery pack
-27 MHz AM radio

I never did see it.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Not that I know of Tamiya did have a Tam - Tech 1/14 scale F1 this I know I have one and about 6 bodies New in boxes still. Now that would be cool to come back out with a 1/14 scale car again. Same motor and batteries as your 1/18 scale cars. Brushless in that now that would be fast!

That would be cool to race!

Old 08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Yep they were cool I have 6 of them 2 Ferrari 643 2 McLarens and 2 Lotus 102B sold all of them but kept the 643 and 6 extra bodies I still have them.

Well maybe one should think about making these cars again

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-23-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

I just went back to the first page of this topic and there is a link to that 201 copy. 84 bucks? Might be worth that to buy it then yank out the 540 and bearings. Maybe even the cheap esc for the kids cars.

This topic started with one guy wanting to know if any F1's are out there. Now it's 200+ replies on more than anyone could own. Except maybe Andy. "are you still out there"
Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Yep MX But I for one feel we should let the F201 Car fade to Black!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Well, yes and no. It had it's run for 6-7 years and is gone now. But I hate to see someone who want's to race be put out because of no parts or rules that say no. When it's setup right (your chassis and other options) It's a racecar. An entire cottage industry formed around the vintage motorcycle groups to keep the old bikes going. I don't see that happening to us but it would be nice to keep a stock of parts for those of us that hang on to cars a long time. I still have my AYK Pro Radients but only use them for vintage offroad...oh well.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

MX Hey I do understand what you are telling me and I for one feel yes there should be parts Available for a car heck thats how they make money in the real world, I for one would like to know what the total sales of a Vehicle and the total of the parts sold for that Vehicle.

Now on the other hand I was never a fan of 4wd cars and the F201 left me asking why? of all the things that could be made why a 4wd F1 car? Yes I did make money off of this car, but I felt they could have done so much more and the parts and chassis we came out with told its own story.

Just look at the F103RM we never wanted them to stop making this car and here it is back again! So why stop are you going to take a loss of sale because sales drop off They never should have ended the production of the F103 and they should have just kept giving us updates and bodies and we would have kept buyin' the stuff! Right
Old 08-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

I wonder when Tamiya will decide to discontinue the 103RM. Joking aside, Spare parts for this variant are already hard to come by. And Corally's F1 is even harder to find parts for.

If there's going to be a comeback, these companies need to acknowledge that there is a market for this class. Or at least sell the rights for their parts to third party companies. Let them make the money, so we can run our cars without fear of braking a part that is no langer in production.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

"If there's going to be a comeback, these companies need to acknowledge that there is a market for this class. Or at least sell the rights for their parts to third party companies. Let them make the money, so we can run our cars without fear of braking a part that is no langer in production."

You got it. It is making a comeback and we are doing all we can to make it happen. With the help from MLP and Alphacat things are happening in a good way. We are hosting the 2nd annual F1 Builders Cup event this September and have teams from 5 companies right now. In my area we are in our 5th year of the F1 AllStar Tour which is very popular here in the South (Nascar country) and getting better every year. We know gas prices are killing everyone so pass the word and get a carpool going. If someone else gets an event together we will travel if we can and support them. If Tamiya does not "discontinue" the RM the TCS races will help everyone in the long run and we will see more brands out there making laps at a track near you.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Foxxrocket I too wonder if this is going to be like all the others as in now you see it now you don't.

as for cross parts they have always been hard to get but you can get them out of Japan it is easy, there are links to F1 parts and F103 and cross parts in my other post. yes most of these places have had F1 parts for a long time.

Corally's parts should be ok to get.

Plus you can always go to Champ RC

This is where i got most of my parts over the years.

http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm

just send them an email with the part numbers you want and they will get back to you in a few days if not the next day.

Plus if anyone needs help getting something for your F1 cars ask me or Mxrich and he will get the message to me I will help out in anyway I can. even if it is not for one of my cars. this way we can keep F1 going here and other places as well.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default f1

i am looking to purchace a f1 ,but which one ? and how much power can they handle ... i want to run a 19t motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.