just got TC4

Old 04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default just got TC4

i just bought a TC4 from my neighboor its brand new... i dont really know alot about these RC cars i would love to learn... it has a 30,000rpm reedy engine is that good? could i do better? just help me out with all the basics please help out
Old 04-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah thats a pretty good motor... If you have anymore questions let me know!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Rookie

ok well i havent tryd it yet because i dont have a charger but my dads hacking sumthin to charge the batterys lol well first of all i want to make it go faster i have a low budget right now sooo wat would be good to make it go faster? change the motor? i just wanna race any sugestions for me im like a super noob sorry to admit lol i also bought a traxxas electric boat..
Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

make sure u use a real rc charger on the batts or there will be cells going pop all over the place
Old 04-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Rookie

oo yea im usin a nihm battery charger on 2400mah is that good or bad?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey McChriz. From what I hear, the TC4 is a great car.

First off, the motor you have is going to be quite good for the time being.

You are going to want to get a good battery. 2400mAh is pretty good, but you need a charger that you know will work. The charger you have, is it name brand or did your dad make it? Search on Ebay for something like a prophet plus LCD charger--I think those are decently priced. I personally use a Piranha charger made by Duratrax. It is digital and you can charge up to 12 cells, with different mAh ratings etc. This is $50 new so you can find it used for cheaper. The great thing about this charger is it does both NiCd and NiMH and you can make your own plugs since the terminals are spring loaded to clip onto any sized wire.

As for you battery, is the battery 2400mAh? then if your charger is set to 2400 mAh, then it should be fine. Always set the charger to the battery rating.

Make sure you have:
Bearings
-Check for binding. Take out the motor and roll the car on the floor to see if there is any grinding or it it stops suddenly. Spin the wheels to make sure there is nothing rubbing. This will keep your car from going fast.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

yea thanx u helped alot...so u really think that my engine is good for racing?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrChriz
yea thanx u helped alot...so u really think that my engine is good for racing?
That really depends on the class you're running in.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

30,000m RPM is pretty darn fast, there are faster, but this is common thing amonst first time RCer's"I wanna go FAST" syndrome. i wanted to go fast, then I almost crapped myself cuz it was too fast! hehe

But seriously, all hobby grade RC motors are fairly fast, WAYYY faster than your fastest typical Radio Shack model.

Trust me. Run it and see!!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You want to resolve the problems surrounding your power house. There's no point in having the engine in your car if you are giving it cooking oil.

What kind of charger do you have? Batteries?

If you plan on racing in a club, you are going to learn a LOT by talking to people. Be social when at the races (I personally don't race...but I wish there was a racing club around my area). I do other things where knowledge from veterans is paramount, so I am assuming the same applies to racing.

And yes, 30,000 rpm is very fast already. You'll be probably going 25mph. Doesn't sound fast, but try driving it in a track without prior experience. hehe...
Old 04-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

do you have a radio yet? you need the thing CALL TRANSMITER & RECEIVER. SERVO & ESC too.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

to zenith yes i do have a radio and all that ..thanx for the help

to mooshu beef yea i went to a track it wuz kinda hard lol but i think im going to incline more into drifting do you have any sugestions..and wen it comes to tuning how do i do it?!?!?!?! i have no clue .i apreciate your help thanx

and everyone elses help also
Old 04-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If its the Reedy Radon motor its a 17 turn motor. Depending on what your esc can handle go with an Orion Method R motor. There pretty cheap and work good. You have to understand your in brushed motors so you need to change the brushes and clean the inside of the cam. I would change the brushes once and get a new motor but start out slowly. Again it depends on your esc too. i have a mamba 5700 brushless and it halls. Brushless is the way to go in the future. Mamba sidewinder esc and 5700 motor was $137 new. The faster the motor, the better the Nimh you need to keep up with the motor. Go with GP batteries. I know people are going to give me hell about saying that but I just don't think LB are that good. I could be very wrong! I'm a fan of Orion packs but I heard radio shack had 4200 GP's that were really good batteries for cheap.

If you stay with Nimh, DON"T drain them down to 0 volts. You will ruin the pack. A good trip is the old car brake light trick to drain the battery pack down to 1 volt. Once the light starts to dim at first, it should be in that range. Lipo's are a diffr ballgame. I have a 2 TC3 and I love them. Easy adjustments and cheap parts. I hope this helps!!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I meant IB not LB for the batteries.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

thanx thanx... well i have an LRP digital super reverse ESC idk wat that means i guess its not top of the line and i have 2 2400 orion battery packs and one thats 2000 ive herd about LI-PO y friend just told me that i could get my car to go faster with them and i actually found a good price for a lipo pack 39.99 but the charger costs 100.00..but either way thanx alot i apreciate the advice .....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.