Wiki Posts
Search

T-Spec/TC3, 4 Diff compatability

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default T-Spec/TC3, 4 Diff compatability

I've got a Trinity T-Spec for a cheap dirt oval car, and last time I had it out the rear ring & pinion let go. Do some digging online, find out neither gear is being produced anymore.

Well, everyone who'se looked at this car says the same thing, "It looks like a backwards Associated TC3 or a TC4." Sure enough, tub chassis, aluminum shaft drive, it pretty much is an Associated TC-something with the battery on the wrong side. It already has a TC3 motor mount in it, so what're the odds that I could make a diff gear and it's pinion from a TC3 or TC4 fit this thing? Otherwise I'm kinda S.O.L.

And before we begin:

1. I know the T-Spec is a cheap turd of a car, that's exactly the reason I bought this one for dirt oval racing. Unless you can beat $25 don't tell me to sell it and buy something else.

2. I'm not getting one from "some guy I know who knows another guy who has all this old R/C stuff on eBay". If you know where I can get the actual T-Spec gears from a regular online hobby shop, that'd be awesome.

Sorry to sound bitchy but I just KNOW I'd get a deluge of that if I didn't say something. This car was an impulse buy running on zero budget and I'm really not up for spending serious money on a dirt oval car, I just want to fix the one I have. Best case scenario, someone jumps on and says "oh yeah a TC3 diff will bolt right in!"
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

got a pic of the gears that go in it?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would if I had my tools & could pull out the front diff. I spent all last week in California with my gas truck (which also decided to scatter a gear) and while I'm home now, the truck and a vast majority of my tools are still in a box on a UPS truck somewhere.