Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wilfred
Geetoo: a friend of mine said that he can get me one for 16500.- in Cubao and i heard from hong kong its around 12500, i still got to wait for confirmation of that in H.K.. Nakakahilo itong kulang ka sa budget!!
Okay everything is negotiable. Text me at 09173907757

Old 05-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Hoping for better prices in HK!

Kumusta kaibigans!

Nasa L.A. area ako, but, I want to butt in on getting the best deal for a 414M2
This site http://controlcentre.rctech.net has the car for $299.00 us dollars tapos yung Limited edition with body and tools for $373.00
Dito sa America it is costing $400.00 plus. Yikes

O.K. Doc, Manonood nalang ako sa inyo sa TFC.

Ingatz
Old 05-24-2002, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Carbon Dust~ EWW

Today, I was dremeling/sanding my 414M chassis so it fits saddle packs. That's a hard work!!! Takes a while to do to make it look perfect. All during this preparation, I was breathing the carbon dust!!! EWWW!... I was spitting black dust out of my mouth for a while... kinda disgusting~!... not too good for my health either... I just wonder why Tamiya don't just release the car with the saddle pack-configuration ready!... that sure would save me a lot of time and from breathing in the dust. I even put a towel around my face when I was doing it, but i'm still spitting out those dust! I guess the towel is just not good enough to block out those tiny carbon dust... EWWW
Old 05-24-2002, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mate you may of just killed yourself!!
When ever you work on carbon fibre, always and I mean ALWAYS wear a respirator!! Not to mention eyewear and several layers of old clothing to cover you from head to toe. The dust is so fine it can enter your bloostream!! Not good at all!
I mentioned this in my post a while ago, a couple of pages back.
Promise me you'll never do that again without proper protection!!
Carbon Fibre CAN cause Cancer!!!
Old 05-24-2002, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

rccarracer,

Thanks for the warning!... lol.. a little late.. I should've asked before I did that.... well, I spit out most of those carbon fiber dust... but I'm pretty sure I swallowed some too. Well, what's done is done. I vaccumed the whole apartment so there is no more dust anywhere, even though I did this right by the window, just to be safe, so I'm not breathing whatever it's in the air.

Well, I get the chassis to be very nice looking~ that's not too bad.

Now, just hoping somehow the carbon fiber that I breathed in will be in the toilet somehow tomorrow.

EWWW, I can still remember those disgusting smell, kinda burned smell...~... EW~

Thanks again rccarracer!
Old 05-24-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
rccarracer,

Thanks for the warning!... lol.. a little late.. I should've asked before I did that.... well, I spit out most of those carbon fiber dust... but I'm pretty sure I swallowed some too. Well, what's done is done. I vaccumed the whole apartment so there is no more dust anywhere, even though I did this right by the window, just to be safe, so I'm not breathing whatever it's in the air.

Well, I get the chassis to be very nice looking~ that's not too bad.

Now, just hoping somehow the carbon fiber that I breathed in will be in the toilet somehow tomorrow.

EWWW, I can still remember those disgusting smell, kinda burned smell...~... EW~

Thanks again rccarracer!
It is best to use water or lubricant when you sand or file CF material. This will avoid the CF dust flying around.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

file it under running water next time
the cf will get wash away with the water and the CF does not fly around and get into your nose
Old 05-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Hoping for better prices in HK!

Originally posted by izzyracer
Kumusta kaibigans!

Nasa L.A. area ako, but, I want to butt in on getting the best deal for a 414M2
This site http://controlcentre.rctech.net has the car for $299.00 us dollars tapos yung Limited edition with body and tools for $373.00
Dito sa America it is costing $400.00 plus. Yikes

O.K. Doc, Manonood nalang ako sa inyo sa TFC.

Ingatz
Kabayan: 414m2just runned out of stock back here which costs aroung P19.5K. TRF 414m is around P21,000 here. Im selling one.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

in the tamiya ad in the latest car action, why are the batteries of the trf 414m2 in a side by side formation like the other tao4?
Old 05-25-2002, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Because when you first get the kit,(including the original 414M) the lower deck has provisions for a stick pack. Everyone I know removes these provisions to accomodate saddles. Pain in the ass!! But has to be done.
Tamiya Come on, gives us a saddle chassis straight away!!
Old 05-25-2002, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

TRF-Powered was removing these provisions!
If you do it, please wear a respirator and cover yourself head to toe in clothing as I explained earlier, as Carbon Fibre is VERY DANGEROUS!!!
Old 05-25-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
rccarracer,

Thanks for the warning!... lol.. a little late.. I should've asked before I did that.... well, I spit out most of those carbon fiber dust... but I'm pretty sure I swallowed some too. Well, what's done is done. I vaccumed the whole apartment so there is no more dust anywhere, even though I did this right by the window, just to be safe, so I'm not breathing whatever it's in the air....
Well luckily u told us, at least we would know why when stop comming to this forum......
Old 05-25-2002, 01:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I just got my TRF414MII today and was wondering if the earlier versions (414x, 414M) had aluminum anti-sway bar clamps. Mine are plastic. Also, did they include wheels and tires (mine didn't)?Just wondering.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Babblefish--

My 414M came with plastic sway bar clamps as well. I did get tires, wheels and inserts in the kit (Sorex 28s --albeit no one is quite sure of the compound, Tamiya dish wheels and gray Sorex? inserts).

DT
Old 05-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Bablefish, the M2 does not come with tires and wheels. The 414M did though just like Dennis Tom said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.