Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 10:56 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Originally posted by NARU
WOW! So that 414 is $466.65USD! Good lord! That's expensive. I think you might be better off ordering it on line and pay for shipping! At least you can buy it from Japan for less then 546.15Singapore Dolllar!
Why is Singapore so much in some stuff?
That is why it is limited edition. With serial number. Anyway the order has being close the release is only 10000 pics i think.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I was thinking if the new 414M2 does the same thing as the 414M now, then why bother? Yes you get a plate with a name but it's still an r/c car that you paid over price for. You look at it 10 years from now and it still looks like an r/c car.

I remember when the "X" was out with the limited thing and name plate. Most of those car that people I know just sell them or part out. They said it was a waste of money becuase there alway be something better that comes out cheaper!

Anyway, I talk to Jimmy Jacobson here at home once in a while and pretty much get set up tips for the 414M. It's all the same.

That's just my thought
Old 03-19-2002, 02:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Default $466.00 USD

that's ridiculous. Your paying close to $200.00 more to have a stamped version of an already produced kit, come on.

Use that money to upgrade your batteries, charge, radio, tires, electronics, more bodies but don't spend it on an overly priced kit.

Save you currency
Old 03-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

those new 414m2 are about 38,000 yen or 290.00 us $.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by NARU

I remember when the "X" was out with the limited thing and name plate. Most of those car that people I know just sell them or part out. They said it was a waste of money becuase there alway be something better that comes out cheaper!

That's just my thought
well that might the case in the usa, but Japan people like myself still own our 414limited edition r/c. Why sell it? sorry but this newer 414m2 is a little better then the 414m. Its alot better then paying what did for a team xray and getting burned by by their crappy support here.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Usagi, do you have the 414X? If so, do you have any pictures of it?? I really want to see the front suspension of the 414X..

Also, I thought the 414MII was just a 414M with blue parts? I thought they are identical. What's different on the MII other than the blue parts?
Old 03-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

it does have a few monor changes the 414m2.
I have the Japanese 414..........march 2000
Old 03-20-2002, 01:03 AM
AO
Tech Addict

I think it would lighter. And harder.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Usagi : you mentioned that you still have a trf414x, can i use the universal shaft of the 414m for the 414x? thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default 414m2 modifications

Is not only blue...have minor modifications, go to the Tamiya Japan site click on the TRF414M2 part, and use a translator to see it
Old 03-20-2002, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Went to CHAMP R/C and saw some replacement screws from TAMIYA. They are very cheap! But then they are very weak aswell. Then went to look at the Tobe Craft one's and they look very cool but I don't want to put aluminum into aluminum bulk heads. So I bought the ones by SQUARE. Pretty nice. Small shop but they have loads of stuff!
Old 03-20-2002, 06:18 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Just a time to remind everyone. To what i know as collector, tamiya comes out with limited edition (BUY). Loook at the box will feel good. It is not show off but the feeling.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

hi guys,

I saw the pic of TRF414MII, what a sweet looking car.
Very similar to XRAY T1. (I know I know tamiya is a better of the two. )

Where do they sell TRF414M or M II in US?

What's the main benefit of TRF414M over XRAY T1?

Is it easy to setup, race, get parts in US?

I'm looking to buy XRAY or TRF414M.

Thank you in advance.

Old 03-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Y'know it always puzzles me when people say stuff like this. "it looks just like..." I suppose in the sense that it has two graphite plates for a chassis, four shocks and four tyres, then yes, They look similar. Perhaps folks need to be a bit more discerning when they compare chassis'.

To that end, rcruv...

- The M used to be sold through Tamiya USA. It is no longer sold in that manner because of the impending sales through retail hobby shops of the M2.

-" benefit of TRF414M over XRAY T1?" All bias aside, I would say that the M is a more refined and sharpened tool than the Xray. Remember, the M is effectively a 4th gen vehicle. The xray is a 2nd gen chassis. Also think of this. When the Xray was released it was sold as a complete car, one that had all that you would ever need in one box. Well, that hasnt been the case. The amount of upgrades and addons for the car is staggering, not quite what was advertised. By comparison the M has all that you need(and then some) Anything else really falls in the realm of "wants" than "needs". Again, the M has had more time to be refined and the Xray, well....

-easy to set up? Yes and no. Like I said it is a sharp tool. when set up its a dream, when not, you get hurt(theyre not kidding when they say its an expert level car). Although the adjustments are subtle on the car, they are extensive(and important) If you have good setup knowledge you will be rewarded. If your setup skills are not well developed you may well be best served to keep close to the kit setup(which does work well, by the way).

Parts?- for the M used to be a collection of M parts(tamiya USA only) and 04 parts(LHS). However with the M2 being available to LHS, all the parts will be there also.

Oh yeah, the M2 will be blue(if you're into that sort of thing) and has delrin diffs(nifty) and thats about it(as compared to the M).

Good luck on your decision.

Gavin

Last edited by gavin; 03-21-2002 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by gavin

To that end, rcruv...

- The M used to be sold through Tamiya USA. It is no longer sold in that manner because of the impending sales through retail hobby shops of the M2.

-" benefit of TRF414M over XRAY T1?" All bias aside, I would say that the M is a more refined and sharpened tool than the Xray. Remember, the M is effectively a 4th gen vehicle. The xray is a 2nd gen chassis. Also think of this. When the Xray was released it was sold as a complete car, one that had all that you would ever need in one box. Well, that hasnt been the case. The amount of upgrades and addons for the car is staggering, not quite what was advertised. By comparison the M has all that you need(and then some) Anything else really falls in the realm of "wants" than "needs". Again, the M has had more time to be refined and the Xray, well....

-easy to set up? Yes and no. Like I said it is a sharp tool. when set up its a dream, when not, you get hurt(theyre not kidding when they say its an expert level car). Although the adjustments are subtle on the car, they are extensive(and important) If you have good setup knowledge you will be rewarded. If your setup skills are not well developed you may well be best served to keep close to the kit setup(which does work well, by the way).

Parts?- for the M used to be a collection of M parts(tamiya USA only) and 04 parts(LHS). However with the M2 being available to LHS, all the parts will be there also.

Oh yeah, the M2 will be blue(if you're into that sort of thing) and has delrin diffs(nifty) and thats about it(as compared to the M).

Good luck on your decision.

Gavin
Thanks for the info.
Anyone know when Tamiya might release TRF414M2 in US?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.