R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #3421
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Motor plate
Attached Thumbnails
TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X-image.jpg  
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #3422
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Overhead view of the slightly modified pulleys
Attached Thumbnails
TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X-image.jpg  
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #3423
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Nice, but your camber links should be raised up to the top hole. Add at least 2mm spacers under the blocks. If you can get a set of evo4 sway bar holders. That will get the sway bars to the correct height. Looking good
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #3424
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

I need (2) (15t) center pulleys for this car. Anyone have any they're willing to sale?
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #3425
CL
Tech Addict
 
CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
I need (2) (15t) center pulleys for this car. Anyone have any they're willing to sale?
What is the diameter of the top shaft? If the diameter is 4mm, you can use the pulley from 3Racing.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6083
__________________
Believe in yourself!
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:42 AM   #3426
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What are you guys using for suspension blocks? After my suspension arm conversion, I now only have 1.5 degrees of rear toe.

What's the hot ticket for front and rear suspension blocks?
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #3427
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
What are you guys using for suspension blocks? After my suspension arm conversion, I now only have 1.5 degrees of rear toe.

What's the hot ticket for front and rear suspension blocks?
I don't know if its the hot ticket. But I go back and forth between 1B-1B and 1C-1C in the front. And 1XA-1D or 1E
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #3428
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
What is the diameter of the top shaft? If the diameter is 4mm, you can use the pulley from 3Racing.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6083
Those would work. But are never in stock
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #3429
CL
Tech Addict
 
CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Those would work. But are never in stock
You can get them from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-Alum...item58a7ea9413
__________________
Believe in yourself!
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #3430
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
Thanks
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #3431
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Battery options, so I'm deciding on whether to get a shorty, block, or saddle pack. Which one would be the best choice?

As for making a custom chassis, there's a company called Fiberlyte based in the U.K. They already have the lower chassis mocked up already. I might email them and ask them to eliminate the cell holes and narrow the chassis along it's outer edges.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #3432
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/tamiya/414ssd.html

So here's the link to the 414M chassis. Now, there are 2 other variants of the chassis. I think this one would do. I'm thinking of asking them to use this layout, but eliminate the battery cutouts and leave the battery loop holes. remove the outer servo hole. Those two unwanted holes on the left hand side.

Narrow the existing width by ?? mm.

Cutouts underneath the pulleys.

Additional holes for optional steering crank system.

Lipo stops?
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #3433
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/tamiya/414ssd.html

So here's the link to the 414M chassis. Now, there are 2 other variants of the chassis. I think this one would do. I'm thinking of asking them to use this layout, but eliminate the battery cutouts and leave the battery loop holes. remove the outer servo hole. Those two unwanted holes on the left hand side.

Narrow the existing width by ?? mm.

Cutouts underneath the pulleys.

Additional holes for optional steering crank system.

Lipo stops?

The rear area where the front suspension blocks are. Needs to be wider for split blocks. And maybe they can redesign the front of the chassis to use the 418 style plastic bumper and push the steering holes back a bit to support 418 style steering rack. And (2) holes for a floating servo mount. Shock towers should be redesigned. 3mm thick, lowered where shorter shocks can fit and camber holes installed. And rear shock tower body post moved to the outside
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #3434
Tech Adept
 
gtrmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 228
Default TRF414MII swing shaft length

Does anybody know then length of the swing shafts for the TRF414MII??

39mm??
42mm??

I lost one and it is the only part I am missing to complete this car...

Thanks!!
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:37 AM   #3435
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmx View Post
Does anybody know then length of the swing shafts for the TRF414MII??

39mm??
42mm??

I lost one and it is the only part I am missing to complete this car...

Thanks!!
42mm
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
414x x414x R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-30-2010 12:17 PM
looking for a tamiya 414x subaru73 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 06-07-2006 09:50 PM
Tamiya 414x meche R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-12-2004 07:25 PM
Tamiya 414X icon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 10-02-2002 08:58 PM
Looking for a 414x,414m,or TB Evo grinch77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-24-2002 06:22 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0