R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2002, 11:26 AM   #316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

I run a HiTec servos in my 04R and I cannot use the High torque servo saver that Tamiya supplies...I spoke with Tamiya's Tech Support and I was told that they do not support HiTec servos...Kinda sucks huh??

I know the Futaba one looks like it will fit, but one little hit and the servo saver will move on ya (I know this first hand )
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 03:15 PM   #317
Tech Regular

Don't use the Tamiya Servo Savers! I was using them on my 605MG and I learned the hard way that they do not mesh at all proplerly! Luckily, neither broke/stipped, but I had to DNF in one race because the servo would not center after crashing into wall. That was with my TA04R BTW.
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 08:37 PM   #318
Tech Regular

I use the tamiya servo saver on my Hitec. At first, I used the futaba, I thought the servo couldn't center correctly, but it was actually the servo saver moving. What I did was use a fewer toothed adaper for the Tamiya servo saver and force it on the servo so it's super tight. It works, just don't remove it!
Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #319
Tech Apprentice

K Bojar , Aurra & Potato,

Thanks a lot for your info.

If I may conclude all your comments: "Do not use the servo horn with Futaba written on it, cos' it will strip / your car won't center after a hit! Unfortunately, Tamiya does not support HITEC servos!"

So my next questions: What is the solution guys? Any servo saver produced by other manufacturer that may fit? If yes, what is the brand and the part number will be very helpful.

Potato, which adapter you use? Tamiya's or other manufacturer? I thought the kit only provide 1 servo saver that fits for (KO, Sanwa, Acom) and other servo saver that fits (Futaba and Tamiya servos) ?

Thanks again guys.
Keyence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:35 PM   #320
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Out of curiosity, are the 414X LE cars worth anything?

I was looking at Paul Lemieux's car today, it's sitting half-apart in a box in the back room at our track. (heh) Has the little plate on the rear bulkhead that is engraved "Tamiya 414X, 004/150, P. Lemieux"

I was going to ask Paul if I could acquire it for no other reason than it's a cool collector's item...
Old 02-02-2002, 10:40 PM   #321
Tech Fanatic

Considering there are only 150 in the world, it would be a collectors item!! Even better if never run or mint condition!!
I'm actually a little jealous. I wouldn't mind one to have on the shelf, just to say I have one. It would look great next to the 414M I have on the shelf at the moment!
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 11:17 PM   #322
Tech Regular

Keyence, I'm using the Tamiya high torque servo saver. For that plastic adapter piece, I think I used Sanwa... it's smaller so it won't fit on the hitec servo. To get it to fit, I just forced it on there! It's tight now, never slips, but I don't dare take it off. Or you can just buy a Kimbrough servo saver made specifically for hitec servos.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:08 AM   #323
R/C Tech Founder

rccarracer: The car is not mint; a few of us ran it for awhile last spring after Paul got it. He was still sponsored by Schumacher at the time so I don't believe he ever ran it himself. mr. losi (one of the users here) actually ran it for a month or two before he went back to the TC3.

It was a pretty good car, handled pretty well, but at the time (as you can imagine) parts support was as close to zero as absolutely possible...
Old 02-03-2002, 12:19 AM   #324
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I can imagine that parts would have been no where to be seen. For me it is almost the same with my 414M, thats why it's on the shelf, just to much of a problem to go the Tamiya Japan everytime something goes wrong. But just the same it is an awesome car by any means.
If I were you I would still consider, as long as everything is still in good condition and not broken.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:21 AM   #325
Tech Fanatic

What is the asking price on it or are you just going to acquire the 414X?
Old 02-03-2002, 02:20 AM   #326
R/C Tech Founder

It's not really for sale, guys like Paul don't really need any more R/C stuff so they just loan out or give away what they aren't using. I was just wondering if it was actually worth anything or not... a lot of companies make "limited edition" stuff but a lot of it is also meaningless. I figured Tamiya, though, would be a special case of sorts.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:45 AM   #327
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Potato
Keyence, I'm using the Tamiya high torque servo saver. For that plastic adapter piece, I think I used Sanwa... it's smaller so it won't fit on the hitec servo. To get it to fit, I just forced it on there! It's tight now, never slips, but I don't dare take it off. Or you can just buy a Kimbrough servo saver made specifically for hitec servos.
Potato - Thanks a lot for your tips.

Aurra & K Bojar - Any tips / solutions from you guys on my problem with servo saver?

Thanks again, guys.

Keyence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 12:27 PM   #328
Tech Regular

Here is the company website for the Kimbrough Hitec servo saver:

http://www.kimbrough-products.com/servosvr.htm

You can use that in place of the stock Tamiya one.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:49 AM   #329
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody know whether I can use the light weight UJ for TAO4 on my 414M? TIA
Joehwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 03:05 AM   #330
Tech Addict

Joehwee: nope.. the dogbone part of it is shorter than the 414M ones.. for the rear maybe ok.. definitely not the front..
ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote