R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #2746
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

dont worry

when you get your 414mII right your gonna be whipping those ta-02's

its just fatter teeth on the gear

so even if rocks get stuck it wont damage it as much
but the 414 has some problems with 48 pitch.... you'll have to ask around. some kinda fitting problem of some sort
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM   #2747
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default

I'm using 48 pitch spur by RW racing with no fitting problem. just remember when you switch to 48 pitch spur, you need to use a 48 pitch PINION gear also.

poop, Your driveway is wayyy dirtier and rockier than any outdoor track, for the reason that when a race is held, most likely that the race crew will prep the track by using leaf blower to clean out the small rocks.
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:04 AM   #2748
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

what do you guys do to stop 26mm wheels from rubbing.
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:51 AM   #2749
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

trf-powered:

so does a 48 pitch spur and pinion cure the problem of stuck stones?
thanks!
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:58 AM   #2750
Tech Master
 
centax error!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: " Burn Rubber, Not your wallet! "
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
what do you guys do to stop 26mm wheels from rubbing.

add a shim/spacer between the wheel hex and the rim, tamiya sell those as options
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:19 AM   #2751
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 151
Default 48 pitch

TRF-Powered:

Regarding 48 pitch spur/pinion, what combo do you have that works in the 414? I have tried KM 72, 75, 78 spur with 25 -30 pinions but I couldn't get them to mesh. If you can provide the spur size or teeth count that will be great. I am aiming for a final drive ratio of 7.0 - 7.3 range. I run a Novak Super Stock. Currently I am using the stock 120 with 34 pinion.

Pyramid:
Thanks for the tip on shimming the steeering rack. I put a 0.3 shim and it stops the up/down movement.
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:02 AM   #2752
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by centax error!
add a shim/spacer between the wheel hex and the rim, tamiya sell those as options
lol.
ive used two 1mm shims and its still not enough.
ps your avatar is turning me on.
its very sexy.
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:01 AM   #2753
Tech Master
 
centax error!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: " Burn Rubber, Not your wallet! "
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
lol.
ive used two 1mm shims and its still not enough.
ps your avatar is turning me on.
its very sexy.

yeah, add another 1 mm shim... wont work? you need to get the tamiya part # trf 415

everyone is saying the same thing on my avatar does she look asian to you ? a guy from the other thread said she looks western

CE!
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #2754
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

lol she looks more azn then me! (i am chinese)

ha ha...

thats for adding shims to the car. i was trying to figure out hte exact same thing. sounds simple. im using like 29-30 mm in the rear and 28mm in the front so may have some problems
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #2755
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

oh yeah by teh way peter solberg RULES!!!!

won the wrc drivers championship!!!

YAY favorite driver ever


for lancers i only like evo6's and lower... my favorite is the tommi makkinen edition

i hope subaru makes a PETER SOLBERG EDITION STI

because they did for richard burn... but only released in europe i beleive
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:28 PM   #2756
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Subaru made a Richard Burns edition subaru bit it was based on a STI 6 shape subaru not a STI7 like he won in. This was because he left Subaru at the end of his winning year and cost Subaru a lot of money in legal fees . The RB5 as it was so called was a celibration of his xth win in a subaru i think but it was not as fast as a P1 or a 22b i dont believe. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:59 PM   #2757
Tech Regular
 
NightKidZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 394
Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Subaru made a Richard Burns edition subaru bit it was based on a STI 6 shape subaru not a STI7 like he won in. This was because he left Subaru at the end of his winning year and cost Subaru a lot of money in legal fees . The RB5 as it was so called was a celibration of his xth win in a subaru i think but it was not as fast as a P1 or a 22b i dont believe. Rick

No offence, but Peter Steven's aero tweaks or not....
the JDM only STi202 would have beaten the P1.....
(ok ok, the JDMs fail Euro spec emissions :P)

22B........
The most extreme factory rex yet
Virtual clone to the Impreza WRC in the looks department.....

EXCEPT in a very small detail
(The 22B has smaller bonnet vents than the WRC car)

Now.. if only you guys over in Europe heard of a little Japanese tuning firm called Jun and their lemon yellow GDB.... kekekekekekek

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #2758
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NightKidZ
No offence, but Peter Steven's aero tweaks or not....
the JDM only STi202 would have beaten the P1.....
(ok ok, the JDMs fail Euro spec emissions :P)

JDM? What is one of those? I was only compairing the RB5 to the P1 and the P1 is a better car. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:59 PM   #2759
Tech Regular
 
NightKidZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 394
Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
JDM? What is one of those? I was only compairing the RB5 to the P1 and the P1 is a better car. Rick
Hi Rick,
JDM = Japan Domestic Model

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s202/index.html

The WRX STi S202 is a limited edition that comes factory tuned with 320 bhp, it was only availiable in Japan.

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 03:04 AM   #2760
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: 48 pitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Supra66
TRF-Powered:

Regarding 48 pitch spur/pinion, what combo do you have that works in the 414? I have tried KM 72, 75, 78 spur with 25 -30 pinions but I couldn't get them to mesh. If you can provide the spur size or teeth count that will be great. I am aiming for a final drive ratio of 7.0 - 7.3 range. I run a Novak Super Stock. Currently I am using the stock 120 with 34 pinion.

Pyramid:
Thanks for the tip on shimming the steeering rack. I put a 0.3 shim and it stops the up/down movement.
I'm currently using 92 Tspur with.... I think 30T pinion, which give me about 6.5... and i'm running a Team Orion Stock. I think with 92T spur you can go down as low as 26T pinion with no meshing problems. I'm not too sure. I also have a 89T spur which is giving me problem when I try to gear it with a 27T pinion. It simply won't touch. YOu just gotta try it out.
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
414x x414x R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-30-2010 12:17 PM
looking for a tamiya 414x subaru73 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 06-07-2006 09:50 PM
Tamiya 414x meche R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-12-2004 07:25 PM
Tamiya 414X icon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 10-02-2002 08:58 PM
Looking for a 414x,414m,or TB Evo grinch77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-24-2002 06:22 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:21 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0