Old 11-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #2656
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
ok.
wcr is world champ replica.
so how is it so bad?
team tamiya dont even have a uk team.
like suzuki,reinhard,surikarn etc.and most of the people in the uk who did drive the 414 said it wasnt any good but it cant be bad bc its world champion.
maybe bad driving or set up skill.
my 414 has never lacked duration or speed.
i think i smell something.
Pleare dont comment trying to put me down when i clearly know i am right about the UK Tamiya team that raced last season and the season before . Jon Winter, Richard Isherwood, Lee Woodhams, Andy Childs and Mark Freeston ran the car supported by The Hobby Company, Tamiya Japan and Tamiya Europe. Please refrain from showing your ignorance in future. Mike Reedy used to supply the teams there cells and motors and they had very serious duration issues at almost all the meets.

Also although i dislike the 414 i thought i would put forward the issues i think tamiya will address on the new 415 and speculate what chassis it will be.

Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:41 PM   #2657
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Hey Rick, keep cool man, don't want to start another serie of unuseful posts...

And about duration issues, what I can tell you is that if the car is well tuned, there are no problems. Make sure all the components are free to rotate, some parts might need some drilling of lathing to increase run time drastically.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #2658
Tech Fanatic

I am trying to keep it cool but he is 100% wrong and stated it as if he knew best.

The problem the team had was the drivetrains inability to spin very freely. After looking at S worlds winning 414 the front belt was mega tight on that so i fail to see how that would have span any better.

One last thing someone i spoke to earlier said at the Halifax Reedy race Hara said he was very unsure what the TRF racing team would be doing next year with regards to racing as Japans economy was not looking to good at the time, not sure how it is now but it cannot be much better as drivers who are going to the world finals are having to take there own Batteries and are not alowed to take mechanic either this year . Things have possibly changed but we will find out more on and after the 19th. Rick
Old 11-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #2659
Tech Master

December issue of RC-world has the spy picture of TRF415.

JDM (David) of our board has seen the picture.
I also went to few Japanese RC board. They all said that the car is very similar to TECHRACING MY02R which is a dual belt set up with the belt setting low to the chassis. Meaning the center pulleys are now lowered and leveled with the diff pulleys.

Here is a pix of MY02... just give you guys some idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc002711.jpg (33.2 KB, 188 views)
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:03 PM   #2660
Tech Adept

Look Rick if you don't like the 414 why the hell are you posting in this thread??? The wcr is a GOOD car...FACT, you clearly didn't set yours up correctly to maximise its full capability. Why bother posting in this thread...we've all heard what you have to say and we like the 414...thats why we post in this thread.
g4t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:41 PM   #2661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys sure are having fun here.

Rick in regards to mechanics etc. We were not allowed to bring them or spouses with us from the US. Pete and Tom got to bring parents as they were not of legal age yet.
For batteries it was not to cut costs but to stop the home cycled batteries some of the batts that were at the event were quite a bit better than the 3300's that were "given" to us to use.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:29 PM   #2662

Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng

looks kinda funny

the motor is kinda out to the side a lil too much

415 better not be purple!
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:30 PM   #2663
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by g4t2
Look Rick if you don't like the 414 why the hell are you posting in this thread??? The wcr is a GOOD car...FACT, you clearly didn't set yours up correctly to maximise its full capability. Why bother posting in this thread...we've all heard what you have to say and we like the 414...thats why we post in this thread.

Quote:
Also although i dislike the 414 i thought i would put forward the issues i think tamiya will address on the new 415 and speculate what chassis it will be.
If you read you will see. Rick
Old 11-03-2003, 12:29 AM   #2664
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX

Quote:
Originally posted by Calvin Ng
looks kinda funny

the motor is kinda out to the side a lil too much

415 better not be purple!
Man this will kick ass, im going to get a copy of that Mag. The motor is sitting that way to even up the balance. Make sense
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:31 AM   #2665
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
December issue of RC-world has the spy picture of TRF415.

JDM (David) of our board has seen the picture.
I also went to few Japanese RC board. They all said that the car is very similar to TECHRACING MY02R which is a dual belt set up with the belt setting low to the chassis. Meaning the center pulleys are now lowered and leveled with the diff pulleys.

Here is a pix of MY02... just give you guys some idea
Heeya nice layout. Atleast i wont have any trouble adopting in driving cause the layout is already 1X6. By the way somewhere in the web i saw a 414 with very low gearboxes ?? Anyone seen that ?? Similar to the MY02 TT car.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:04 AM   #2666
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
I am trying to keep it cool but he is 100% wrong and stated it as if he knew best.

The problem the team had was the drivetrains inability to spin very freely. After looking at S worlds winning 414 the front belt was mega tight on that so i fail to see how that would have span any better.

One last thing someone i spoke to earlier said at the Halifax Reedy race Hara said he was very unsure what the TRF racing team would be doing next year with regards to racing as Japans economy was not looking to good at the time, not sure how it is now but it cannot be much better as drivers who are going to the world finals are having to take there own Batteries and are not alowed to take mechanic either this year . Things have possibly changed but we will find out more on and after the 19th. Rick
well if this is the case then i may state that the cars were NOT set up properly.
my cars front belt is quite loose actully and have no such problems with duration.
even using an 8 double.
i have had no duration or set up trouble and i know of many people that also dont and who say the 414 is a very ggod car.
it seems to me YOU are the only own down grading it.
so please stop as we dont want to hear it about such a good car.
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:14 PM   #2667
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52
Thumbs up 415

This could be nice.................
check this out !!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #2668

Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng

u getting one

hey you comming for tri-cities in edmonton?
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #2669
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

I don't think I'll be racing Tamiya again for a long time.
I have been dissapointed by both the quality of the parts, and by the availability.

I will be up to Edmonton though for the big meeting, looking forward to it
Old 11-03-2003, 08:31 PM   #2670
Tech Adept

Default Xray Stick pack mount

Hi! Have anyone tried using xray stick pack mounting kit on the 414? Do you need to drill extra holes on the chassis or is it a perfect fit on the existing battery mounting holes?

I am also thinking of getting the xray Evo2 and I would like to get some opinion from those who owned both 414 and the Evo2.
Don't get me wrong. I love the 414 and if I do get the Evo2, I will still keep the 414. There are a lot of positive comments on the xray thread but advice from those who race both will be invaluable.

Thanks.
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote