R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2003, 04:50 AM   #2566
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Oh i have seen this before. Thanks for the reply though. Man im trying to get my hands on a trf setup board and tool set the blue ones so nifty. Just sold all my RPM wrenches etc.. so far got TRF car case, towel might be under wear soon heheee.... whats this obsession with tamiya i picked up. Never use to happen to me
well, it will get to you!!! and finally you will find yourself starving to death just try to keep up with all the TRF items. lol...

I have the same problem...... yeah "problem".....

I already have the TRF set-up board, and the blue tool set. I don't really like the set-up board though, it gets scratched up soooo damn easily.....
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:58 AM   #2567
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
well, it will get to you!!! and finally you will find yourself starving to death just try to keep up with all the TRF items. lol...

I have the same problem...... yeah "problem".....

I already have the TRF set-up board, and the blue tool set. I don't really like the set-up board though, it gets scratched up soooo damn easily.....
Damn. When i get mine i guess ill have to place some clear contact on it.

Damn right its a problem. When i was in RC Champ in Akihabara i saw some sort of a tamiya gym bag, you know those cylindrical bags with a string to tighten them was able to contain my self.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:41 AM   #2568
Tech Regular

well it all sounds beautiful to me. But here is my opinion. Ive looked and held a full spec 414wcr beautiful car i mean its awesome improvements can be made i guess , more efficeint , steering, weight distribution and so on.
If i look at my evo3S its awesome in terms of performance but still their is sooo much room for improvement. ive heard so many people say that they will only buy 'the next evo' if it has a 3 peice prop shaft, i think they should keep the one peice but master how to keep the drive drain stable. And in my opinion i could picture that being the next revolutionary car.
I hope the 415 is more amazing then i think it is ( i no it will be ) not sure if i should start saving for it becasue truthfully id rather buy the 'evo4'.

remember though guys, my opinion is a biased opinion.

cheers chaps

Tarnjit
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:19 AM   #2569
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Wow, how much pure speculation about the 415 !!!

First of all, I wrote 415M because it's the name my (really reliable as it's R10) contact gave me for it.

Seondly, saying that the 415 will be a belt driven car because the Evo is the shaft one is completely irrelevant. The Evo have not been called TRF because the 414 was on sale and they don't want to have two TRF cars at the same time. Plus the Evo was not considered performant enough to be named TRF. Maybe they thought the Evo 4 could be enough performant.

I'm not saying the 415 will be a shaft driven car, I'm just saying one thing : actually we DON'T KNOW what the 415 will be : an evolution of an existing car or a brand new car.

The 415 number could be for a brand new car, as the last number have always been for different cars (ex the the Top Force was TRF 412 if my memory is right, or 411, the TA03 the TRF 413 etc...). Moreover, an evolution of the 414 would rather have had an added letter, like the M was for an evolution of the 414.

Another thing is that the 414 can really be improved a lot, and that's what I'm doing with my own prototype.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:31 AM   #2570
Tech Addict

Oh, and I forgot to mention one thing : bigger pulleys improves the effectiveness, but NOT smaller diff pulleys, it's the contrary !!!!!!!

To make it easy : the power in a belt driven car is lost while bending the belt. If ou have bigger pulleys, the belt will have to be less bended, thus less power loss. It will also increase the belt speed, which means that the drivetrain will be more efficient at high speeds (the belt has a tendancy to go out of the pulleys at high speed because of the inertia, thus decreasing the energy needed to bend it).
Old 10-31-2003, 08:37 AM   #2571
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

On the size of the pulleys,I would disagree,but I'm going by the improvement that the smaller pulley set made on my Xray,I just got a 414 so I am not sure if going to a smaller pulley set would do the same for the 414,but both cars drive system looks very close.I do not think that the belt drive system's are dead,I like the belt drive alot more than the shaft drive system.I just hope that Tamiya keeps the 414 alive.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:40 AM   #2572
Tech Addict

Which smaller pulley set ? X-Ray made a BIGGER pulley set on the T1, using 17T pulleys rather 15T. Only smaller thing is the ratio in this set, and that's what this kit is called : low ration pulley set, maybe that's why u get confused. But the improvement doesn't come from the ratio, but from the pulley size.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:40 AM   #2573
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Oh, and I forgot to mention one thing : bigger pulleys improves the effectiveness, but NOT smaller diff pulleys, it's the contrary !!!!!!!

To make it easy : the power in a belt driven car is lost while bending the belt. If ou have bigger pulleys, the belt will have to be less bended, thus less power loss. It will also increase the belt speed, which means that the drivetrain will be more efficient at high speeds (the belt has a tendancy to go out of the pulleys at high speed because of the inertia, thus decreasing the energy needed to bend it).
i think a smaller diff pully gives less ecceleration but more top speed and a smaller one the opposite.
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:49 AM   #2574
Tech Addict

No, it's just like I explained, and it's my job to know that...
Old 10-31-2003, 08:59 AM   #2575

Default Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Im going to collect some cash for this

TRF-Powered: Where can you get the 414 with the toolset ?? Any idea how much.
You can still get tools at TAMIYA USA, 1-800-TAMIYAA. They sell the red set or the blue set or if you wnat to buy them seperate(to much money that way). Call them and give them the part number. The price and shipping? I have no clue. I bought my TRF Blue tool set in Japan for $90USD.

So we all know what the "M" stands for but what does the number "414" mean?
Suradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:01 AM   #2576

...I know it might not be the 414 + tool set but you can at least still get the tools.
Suradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:39 PM   #2577
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Which smaller pulley set ? X-Ray made a BIGGER pulley set on the T1, using 17T pulleys rather 15T. Only smaller thing is the ratio in this set, and that's what this kit is called : low ration pulley set, maybe that's why u get confused. But the improvement doesn't come from the ratio, but from the pulley size.
You are not very good at your job then, please do not comment if you have no idea.

Xray run samller Diff pullys and larger center pullys than standard giving more belt wrap, meaning looser belts and no skipping meaning a far more efficeint drive train. Go buy a Xray and the new pullys then you will see.

Also the improvment also comes from the ratio you can run on the spur and pinion now as the internal ratio changes so that means you have to gear different making the motor spin up differently. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:49 PM   #2578
Tech Regular

No offence Rick but you need to learn some TACT and respect for others, you always talk like you are better then everyone..

... just my opinion though
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:10 PM   #2579
Tech Fanatic

He has gone against 2 othjer people saying he is correct and then said its his job to know, well sorry but he is not right and i have stated that. No offence intended but thats the way it is and a if thats the case i will call a spade a spade and not a shovel Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:17 PM   #2580
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last edited by rtypec; 10-31-2003 at 01:25 PM.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote