R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2003, 01:03 AM   #2551
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 53
Default Re: My project 414 is nearly done

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Today i installed the WCR swaybars and blue cone washers. All i need is the motor mount which im waiting on from Team Hybrid. For the ppl that are interested in the 6X1 chassis you can view the condition, pics are posted, im still thinking wheather to sell or not so pls be patient

I can't help noticing... you turned your 414 into an Atlas?????
cry:

Where I race, nobody would touch an Atlas anymore because of the uneven L/R weight distribution...

I agree that the car should be better with a slightly off-center motor... The saddle pack is also my main gripe with the 414. I hate saddles packs. This is the reason why I sold off my xray and shelved my trf414... now I'm using a TBEVO1. Not as great as the 414 but I love the ease with which I can swap batteries.

anyway, I hop you did not sacrifice too much handling-wise. I still like my 414 but until I can finish a heat without touching the barriers, it'll remain on the shelf
TRF512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:07 AM   #2552
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: My project 414 is nearly done

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF512
I can't help noticing... you turned your 414 into an Atlas?????
cry:

Where I race, nobody would touch an Atlas anymore because of the uneven L/R weight distribution...

I agree that the car should be better with a slightly off-center motor... The saddle pack is also my main gripe with the 414. I hate saddles packs. This is the reason why I sold off my xray and shelved my trf414... now I'm using a TBEVO1. Not as great as the 414 but I love the ease with which I can swap batteries.

anyway, I hop you did not sacrifice too much handling-wise. I still like my 414 but until I can finish a heat without touching the barriers, it'll remain on the shelf
I hate top say this but the car handles better than what it usually was. Its diffrent and more space for electronics, apart from that the balancing problem is not really an issue. Ill show you the readings in my digi scale

Atlas cars are cool specially the type Si. I had one of those but its just hard to get parts for them. I must admitt the 414 design is very similar to the Atlas, even most japanese ppl compare the YM34 series to the 414. There both good with the right hands.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 02:58 AM   #2553
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 737
Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default

Ok guys, so here is what I know : the TRF 415M is scheduled to be released in january or february and it will be the tamiya car for the worlds.

Now, about an evolution of the 414, what you guys would think of a mix between the 414 (suspension and overall look), the pro3 (mass balance) and the XXX-S (drive train) ?
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:29 AM   #2554
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TRF 415M

What is your source for this info regarding TRF 415M? Is it reliable?

If so, will it be belt or shaft? Any info regarding its layout?
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:41 AM   #2555
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default

I don't think it will be called 415M.... since MR. "M" has gone to work for HPI.

They might just call it TRF 415

I'm pretty sure the drive system would still be a belt drive. Cuz for Tamiya, shaft drive is for the TB series. Dunno what kind though, might be single, might be dual... might be changable....
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:55 AM   #2556
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TRF 415

Yep, I think so too, that it will not be an M. Although at the start they said that M stands for Memorial....

Regarding transmition it should be belt driven simply because as TRF-POWERED said they have the EVO series for their shaft driven cars.

Still though I am curious, why would they design a belt car again? I own a 414 SSG, LIGHT WEIGHT BULKHEADS & MOTOR PLATE, and pretty much anything else you can think off as an optional is on this car, and I cannot think of what ways they could improve on that... Well I can actually think of quite a few ways to improve, but still I think it is an excellent car and very capable. But then again that is never enough and they should look for perfection. So, there I go, I answered to my own question..
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:55 AM   #2557
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Ok guys, so here is what I know : the TRF 415M is scheduled to be released in january or february and it will be the tamiya car for the worlds.

Now, about an evolution of the 414, what you guys would think of a mix between the 414 (suspension and overall look), the pro3 (mass balance) and the XXX-S (drive train) ?
yes.
i think perhaps evo3 sl still isnt as good.
if they use a 415 for the worlds this will definetly prove it ahh?
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:06 AM   #2558
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: TRF 415

Quote:
Originally posted by John Doucakis
Yep, I think so too, that it will not be an M. Although at the start they said that M stands for Memorial....
This is the first time that I heard M stands for memorial. I always though it stands for Miura.

Tamiya did released a TRF414M memorial edition which includes TRF414M tool set (all the tool has 414M logo on it) and light weight suspension ball cups.

415 will be an interesting one..... lets just wait and see...
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:10 AM   #2559
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default Re: Re: TRF 415

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
This is the first time that I heard M stands for memorial. I always though it stands for Miura.

Tamiya did released a TRF414M memorial edition which includes TRF414M tool set (all the tool has 414M logo on it) and light weight suspension ball cups.

415 will be an interesting one..... lets just wait and see...
what range of 414 was that?
man i cant wait for it and hope its true.
i wander should i sell my sl?
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:15 AM   #2560
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

There are many ways they can improve the 414, its not that efficient so it needs bigger center pullys and smaller diff pullys, thinner belts, improved weight distribution so it actually turns (all the TRF team admited this was the reason they ran the evo3 and not the 414 anymore) and a improved steering setup to allow more room for the electrics. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:17 AM   #2561
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Now im going to sell my evo

Im going to collect some cash for this

TRF-Powered: Where can you get the 414 with the toolset ?? Any idea how much.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:24 AM   #2562
Tech Fanatic
 
Steevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: TIMMAY!!!
Posts: 980
Default Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Im going to collect some cash for this

TRF-Powered: Where can you get the 414 with the toolset ?? Any idea how much.
Don't think they make it anymore Luie..

steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:27 AM   #2563
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevo
Don't think they make it anymore Luie..

steevo
Damn. Any pics of this, im just curious

Hey how the 414 going steevo ??
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:33 AM   #2564
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Im going to collect some cash for this

TRF-Powered: Where can you get the 414 with the toolset ?? Any idea how much.
The memorial edition was the very first batch of 414M with blue bulkheads. It was released a long time ago. It was a limited release. I don't know if you can still get them now. You can try HK stores. It comes in with a black cardboard box.

They released Memorial edition cuz the silver M won three races in a roll.

You can try hobbymania and see if Andy can get you one.

By the way, the tool set are only 3 little tools.. it's not like the TRF tools that they just released early this year. Here is a link you can check it out:

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...trf414m_cm.htm
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:43 AM   #2565
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: Now im going to sell my evo

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
The memorial edition was the very first batch of 414M with blue bulkheads. It was released a long time ago. It was a limited release. I don't know if you can still get them now. You can try HK stores. It comes in with a black cardboard box.

They released Memorial edition cuz the silver M won three races in a roll.

You can try hobbymania and see if Andy can get you one.

By the way, the tool set are only 3 little tools.. it's not like the TRF tools that they just released early this year. Here is a link you can check it out:

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...trf414m_cm.htm
Oh i have seen this before. Thanks for the reply though. Man im trying to get my hands on a trf setup board and tool set the blue ones so nifty. Just sold all my RPM wrenches etc.. so far got TRF car case, towel might be under wear soon heheee.... whats this obsession with tamiya i picked up. Never use to happen to me
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
414x x414x R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-30-2010 12:17 PM
looking for a tamiya 414x subaru73 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 06-07-2006 09:50 PM
Tamiya 414x meche R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-12-2004 07:25 PM
Tamiya 414X icon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 10-02-2002 08:58 PM
Looking for a 414x,414m,or TB Evo grinch77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-24-2002 06:22 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0