R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2003, 11:05 PM   #2326
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

just wondering but for the ta-04 and stuff are the parts almost identical

like the arms and the the c-hubs etc....
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:46 AM   #2327
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

yup, the arms and hubs, front and rear are the same. the evo3 as well... i think the hingepins are too, if i remember right.
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #2328
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have a screw list for the the 414M2?

Thanks in advance.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #2329
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 414M Parts list

Here is a 414M Parts list!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 49175.pdf (112.9 KB, 136 views)
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #2330
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Re: 414M Parts list

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
Here is a 414M Parts list!
thanks Izzy!
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:53 AM   #2331
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

I just have to say that 414M series is still the most stable and best car Tamiya have ever produce... it got them the world tittle in fact.

Combine with those World's setup for higher roll center, it will perform great on all asphalt track anywhere. Meaning, you have more time to do the work on motor and or ESC tuning and relaxs. Not the other way around and spent many hours just to make the car to your "liking" (thats the word I hate the most).

I do believe if tamiya let/force their leading factory driver using it still, they should have better change winning races and not ... oh because of this and that.. goes to B main, etc. But we all have to except the fact that they have sales to make to survive.

Amazingly, these year, people seem to be more realistic when choosing a car. Not like before (last years posts), it is the world champion car, I'll bet your for sure; I pass that car easily, etc. that's not the case already and I think it's good for them/all of us.

Glad to say it here....
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:40 AM   #2332
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

i didnt know that setup worked anywhere cool i'll give it a shot!
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:58 PM   #2333
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

_

Last edited by Calvin Ng; 09-23-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #2334
Tech Regular
 
Wilfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Davao RC Racing Club
Posts: 350
Default

I'm with you Pyramid! Why does Tamiya insists on letting their TRF drivers use that unreliable kit, Its damaging the image of Tamiya in surviving the racing scene. The TRF414m2 is the way to go for now, its tested for a long time with multiple generations of 414s and they perfected it, why the sudden change after just 1 worlds win!! Tamiya i say Tamiya, TRY TO THINK OF THE THESE!! Your Strategy is hurting TAMIYA's image as a world champ touring car, HA!
Wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:16 PM   #2335
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

can someone explain these things in the setup sheet for me

this is for front/rear uprights

for front uprights

what does it mean between C1 and C2
i know its some sort of adjustment but where and how...?

Rear uprights

1 and

same thing



damping length whats that???

shock oil??

Asso??? 80 and 500

im guessing its 80 weight and 500 weight but im pretty sure its not 500
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:51 PM   #2336
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Calvin Ng
can someone explain these things in the setup sheet for me

this is for front/rear uprights
for front uprights
what does it mean between C1 and C2
i know its some sort of adjustment but where and how...?

Rear uprights
1 and
same thing

damping length whats that???
shock oil??
Asso??? 80 and 500
im guessing its 80 weight and 500 weight but im pretty sure its not 500
Use the following to further perfect the World Setups:

Oil: 60wt Trinity all around
Spring: Associated Silver (ASS-3942)
Damper Lenght: Well, if you are not using the new fluorince coated shaft (which is shorter), 61-61.1mm is ok (measured by putting your caliper inside the hole of top end and low end. I thik it`s about 64mm if you measure from outside top to bottom.

C1/C2, this is the front knuckle where it has 2 bearing to hold that universal axle. From the manual, switch its location bewteen left and right. To be more simple, if you were looking the car from behind, make sure the word C1 and C2 is upside down.

Car will feel very stable but might be a little understeer on a very technical track (unless you put -2deg toe-in like Worlds setup). To overcome this matter, you will notice they are 2 holes in front knuckle (c1/c2) to mount that steering ball end. Just use the outermost holes (standar book setup using inner holes). You will amaze how it compared with all of those shaft drive car. It gives you about 3deg more of turning ackerman angle.

No need to adjust other things with above setup, you only need to play with front and rear dropp between different asphalt tracks.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:30 AM   #2337
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Use the following to further perfect the World Setups:

Oil: 60wt Trinity all around
Spring: Associated Silver (ASS-3942)
Damper Lenght: Well, if you are not using the new fluorince coated shaft (which is shorter), 61-61.1mm is ok (measured by putting your caliper inside the hole of top end and low end. I thik it`s about 64mm if you measure from outside top to bottom.

C1/C2, this is the front knuckle where it has 2 bearing to hold that universal axle. From the manual, switch its location bewteen left and right. To be more simple, if you were looking the car from behind, make sure the word C1 and C2 is upside down.

Car will feel very stable but might be a little understeer on a very technical track (unless you put -2deg toe-in like Worlds setup). To overcome this matter, you will notice they are 2 holes in front knuckle (c1/c2) to mount that steering ball end. Just use the outermost holes (standar book setup using inner holes). You will amaze how it compared with all of those shaft drive car. It gives you about 3deg more of turning ackerman angle.

No need to adjust other things with above setup, you only need to play with front and rear dropp between different asphalt tracks.
thanx a bunch

this setup is for carpet lol.......
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:53 PM   #2338
Registered User
 
Calvin Ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,556
Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default

heres what i was looking at

its under shock oil and im pretty sure its not 500weight
whats 500?????
asso doesnt even make 500w more like 50w im guessing


this a good setup for indoor carpet


Attached Files
File Type: pdf jj020401.pdf (181.5 KB, 87 views)
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 02:13 AM   #2339
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Hi guys!

I'll soon be in the market for a EP touring car and after some research I have narrowed it down to the 414M2 and the XXX-S G+ for particular reasons.

To be truthful, I'm kinda leaning towards the XXX-S G+ right now only because of it's sealed drivetrain and parts support.......BUT, deep inside I want the 414M2 because I like it's design better and it looks cool .

OK, i'll get to the point......

These questions is for, but not limited to, 414 owners who had experience with the XXX-S.

What, in your opinion, makes the 414 better than the XXX-S?

Does the single belt really have anything over the 414's dual belt setup?

Which is more flexible in terms of set-ups for various track conditions and layouts?

Durability?


Thanks in advance!!
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:07 AM   #2340
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FREAKAH
Hi guys!

I'll soon be in the market for a EP touring car and after some research I have narrowed it down to the 414M2 and the XXX-S G+ for particular reasons.
To be truthful, I'm kinda leaning towards the XXX-S G+ right now only because of it's sealed drivetrain and parts support.......BUT, deep inside I want the 414M2 because I like it's design better and it looks cool .
OK, i'll get to the point......
These questions is for, but not limited to, 414 owners who had experience with the XXX-S.
What, in your opinion, makes the 414 better than the XXX-S
Does the single belt really have anything over the 414's dual belt setup?
Which is more flexible in terms of set-ups for various track conditions and layouts?
Durability?
Thanks in advance!!
I would like to hear that too....

In my experience time (selling EP), I see many XXXs driver switching to TRF 414 and no TRF414 driver switching to XXXs. Once they have them, they`ll love tem. I guess you have to drive it first then
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
414x x414x R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-30-2010 12:17 PM
looking for a tamiya 414x subaru73 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 06-07-2006 09:50 PM
Tamiya 414x meche R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-12-2004 07:25 PM
Tamiya 414X icon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 10-02-2002 08:58 PM
Looking for a 414x,414m,or TB Evo grinch77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-24-2002 06:22 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0