R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2003, 09:13 AM   #2041
Tech Master

Sorry if any of my words offense you in anyway.

I just assume that you use your xray on the same technical track that you tried to do better with 414 while u wonder if the 414 is a better car than you have owned before.

Apart from misunderstanding, my point of view as stated before, a fast car is a car with faster motor and right gearing. A fast driving is a matter of skill. Sure, once again, you have the right to have your own opinions and believes.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 04:29 PM   #2042
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default Steering

Has anyone managed to get more than 20 deg. of steering in each direction ?(measured on inner wheel)

i only managed this by reversing the fitting of linkage plate(MD1)
so that the tie rods were mounted as far to the front of the car as possible!! (as opposed to how shown in building instruction)

i know this will affect the ackerman effect on the steering but dose anyone know to what effect ?

don,t think it,s possible to get much more as i,ve had to make 1.5mm spacers to space out front wheels,remove anti roll bar and wheels nearly touching shocks now
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:10 PM   #2043
Tech Master

Default DO THE STEERING

do the mod i suggested !!

car was amazing tonight lots more steering
think i,m actualy getting some where!

just reverse the linkage so the steering arms are foward of the linkage mounting points and you get more throw ! simple

you can no longer uses worlds anti roll bar set (wheels will hit it)and will need to use one of the outer servo saver mounting points moved into a vertical position to get enough throw from the servo!!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #2044
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

lol merciless u just posted what i wanted to post on the stearing arm thingy .........
yes it will give u more stearing thet way ... and also if REMOVE the torque rods u will gain slightly more stearing .......

the 414m is a super addjustable car ... u just remove spacers and add spacers here and there u end up with a dif setup .... all u need is a bit of creativity to try things u see that mite benefit u

i belive by reversing the graphite piece u will get more ankerman angle .....
the inner wheel will turn more while the outer wheel will turn less ... as to compared to per-instruction manual
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #2045
Tech Adept

Default Pics please

Can you guys post some pics of your car and mods...
BOY-RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:09 AM   #2046
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

while we are asking question.Clubs new season will be starting in a few more weeks and I was wondering if anyone has good set up for outside,dusty medium traction,large straight,with somewhat tight inside turns.I'll be running on sorex shoes with some orion hard hoops.Oh!and I'l be running the 414m2 in a pro stock class.May be a monster motor.And what gearing should be run with this motor.I allso have the WC sway in front.And I'm waiting on two sets of shims kits to come in allso.I think i have covered evry thing.If you find some thing that I may have left out leme know.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:29 AM   #2047
Tech Master

Default wc sway kit is so so

can,t see an advantage in running it other you have to comprimise steering lock to run it

bets to run steering as i suggested and use old style anti roll kit

if post pics of car i,m sure if anyone spots something you forgot they,ll let you know !!
Old 02-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #2048
Tech Regular

I'll try to do that some time this week.As I do not have a way to post a pic at this moment.

And looking at the car I have found a way to place the wc sway bar set and still use the tork rods.I'll study it a little more before acting upon it.What is your opinion about this?
Old 02-08-2003, 02:53 PM   #2049
Tech Regular

Just leave the torque rods off. The suspension is strong enough and you'll gain more steering by not using them anyway.
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #2050
Tech Master

hm... i always run with my torque rods on ... find that it gives me better presision and stability on stearing because i run a very loose car....
i did try without torque rods... more stearing... but it was hard to determine where the car was going in turns ...
Old 02-08-2003, 10:18 PM   #2051
Tech Regular

I guess it's personal preference. I personally don't run them.
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 02:43 AM   #2052
Tech Master

Default torque rods

Just my 2 cents worth but i run them 2 and think the car better for it
Old 02-09-2003, 02:55 AM   #2053
Tech Master

hm... i think its posible to run without the torque rods with great effect IF... u run a very planted car with some push ......
but if u run a very loose car like mine ... its best to keep em on
Old 02-09-2003, 07:41 AM   #2054
Tech Regular

I do run a pretty loose set up.So I think I will run the torqe rods.And I have found a way to place the rods on while still haveing the WC sway's on.I'll post a few pics as soon as I can.

All so I have noticed that during assembly of the kia chassis that when u press down slightly on the shock tower in the rear (left or right side)that the oposite side in the front raises up(like three wheel motion).Any Ideas on this?

The Kia chassis conversion is pretty sweet(other than above).It looks to be a winner.I just don't like the way you have to mount the servo(shoe gue it down to the chassis).I think I will be drilling two hole to place servo stays.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:13 AM   #2055
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
I'll try to do that some time this week.As I do not have a way to post a pic at this moment.

And looking at the car I have found a way to place the wc sway bar set and still use the tork rods.I'll study it a little more before acting upon it.What is your opinion about this?
It's been done very long time ago by someone in this thread on his 414M.

One thing you have to remember, if the torque rod is there, arms related to C hub travel is not natural/normal because the torque somehow pushes the hub and slightly change caster angle. This has been conformed by the The World Champion, by the way. Furthermore, in case anyone ever wonder, the way he install the a arms on suspension block is with little slops, about 0,1mm kind of slops on all 4 arms (easyly moved back and forward).
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote