R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-09-2002, 08:57 PM   #1741
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Taquito

You selling off your 414? Me am thinking of trading my TRF414 for a TB evo 1.

rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:16 AM   #1742
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

just wanted to ask anyone who knows,

if you could post a setup for foam tires for the 414 series chassis.

any help that you can give me would be appreciated.

peter robinson

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:44 AM   #1743
Tech Apprentice

reflekt: As imataquito said "Winter"! That's OK though: that gives me plenty of time to "slowly" buy more stuff to prepare for racing season.
DEACON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:14 PM   #1744
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default stock gearing

I need to find out what you guys are running in stock and what size spur and pinions.I am running on a tight carpet track but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:52 PM   #1745
Tech Apprentice

do any f you guys use o-rings inside the shock shaft to lower ride height/stiffin your springs?
i find that the trf dampers are adjs. but twisting it down would just raise the heigth of the car with our stiffining the springs.
thanks
sengming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:04 PM   #1746
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

O-rings inside wouldn't stiffen the springs just loads the spring the rate is always the same. You are better to go to a stiffer rate and let the suspension move. It would also give you no droop causing the car to pogo over any bump, losing any consistency in your lap

Dan

Last edited by Difuser; 12-10-2002 at 09:06 PM.
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:50 PM   #1747
TK
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

racenut123 use 120 and 37, 38, 39, 40. Those where the most handy pinnions I found on large tracks. I run the monster stock at 39/120 and same with my P2K call me crazy but that is what I found to work best at my track. MVP proably around 38/120 or 37. Dont know what I would gear for a small track since I am spolied in Nor cal and all we have are big tracks. Anyways gl racing.

TK
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 12:13 AM   #1748
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

hm....... REAL big tracks i run 46pinion/112spur 23t or 27 turn motor for small ones 36/29pinion/112 spur depending on layout ..
running on tarmac... for carpet try going lower

i do not need the pickup/punch that badly because i normally maintain speed troughout the turn...
car is setup to be slightly on the very sensitive side with dual oneways

but anyway it really depends on the tracks and a ton other stuff...
i will say for stock gear aorund 6++ FDR then move around higher and lower to see what suits u best ....

sengmeng the spring rate will NOT stiffen if u made it lower because most springs are LINEAR
F=kx
if u make it shorter all u will do is remove the room for the springs to operate efficently causing the spring to behave eratically when the coils touch each other ......... NOT A WISE IDEA

btw ... why do need it to be soo stiff???
i would prefer the suspension to be soft and active + non restricted(mentioned above) to there will be more contact patch between the tires and road surface........

i only stiffen them when my car traction rolls or flip durng turns...... or addjust the onpower understear/ overstear and the offpower under/overstear

follow the manual 1001% and u wont go wrong .... if it does its u ... not the car ....bacause other pple has not gone worng by following the manual .........
it took me the hard way to realise this ....
and now that i do ... i hope pple do listen

TBevo1??? COOL!!!!! heard the car has some kind of super acceleration...
just wondering ...

Last edited by imataquito; 12-11-2002 at 12:25 AM.
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 12:58 PM   #1749
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OK I'll be getting a 414M2 in 9 days, so here are a few questions.

What extras should I look into getting? I know wheels, tires, body, electronics....

I heard rumors there are spare a-arms n the box is this true? What extras are included in the box? (extra sway bars, ect.)

Is there any distinctive advantage to the worlds sway bar kit? I think not, but Surikarn wanted to shave a few ounces off of the front bulkhead so he built the kit to allow the use of sways.....

What is the P/N for the shims to adjust R/C, chamber link height?

Does anyone have pics of a car with the X-Ray battery straps installed I am thinking of using them instead of tape.

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:57 PM   #1750
Tech Adept

i have a 414m with the xray straps on it, ill try to post a pic soon, the only thing you need for the 414 is the rear toe in blocks and the white 2 hole pistons, but all of this depends on track surface that you are running on.

on a side note: i am one of the owners of reflex r/c in houston tx and i have noticed that most of you have problems getting the 414 parts and have to order online for them, well we carry a pretty large quantity of the 414 parts and if you ever need some parts, you are welcome to email me at nangha31@hotmail.com and let me know what you need, my pricing is pretty competitive with most stores and just let me know what price you can get it for and ill let you know if i can beat it or meet the price. thanks.

Nang
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:24 PM   #1751
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by blitz
i have a 414m with the xray straps on it, ill try to post a pic soon, the only thing you need for the 414 is the rear toe in blocks and the white 2 hole pistons, but all of this depends on track surface that you are running on.

blitz - do u need to drill a hole or just use the elongated hole use for the batt tape/strap to hold up the xray straps??
anxiously waiting for your pics
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:31 PM   #1752
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR

Is there any distinctive advantage to the worlds sway bar kit? I think not, but Surikarn wanted to shave a few ounces off of the front bulkhead so he built the kit to allow the use of sways.....

The sway bar was mounted on the top deck for 1 reason.. if you lower the roll center as Surikan did at the worlds the sway bar no longer fits down low mounted on the front bulkhead. The solution was to move the sway bar up top.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:51 PM   #1753
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Sway Bars

I'm still confused on the effect of installing a sway bar.

If I had a sway bar in front, would I gain more front traction? I.E. with stiff sway bars on, I would have less roll. Assuming I have 0 degree camber, I would have more contact patch since I now have two tires doing the steering instead of having only one wheel doing most the steering (in the case of a swaybar-less car).

Would a flat running car (minimum body roll) have more traction? or would it only slide around in corners?

Thanks,
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 07:45 AM   #1754
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"i have a 414m with the xray straps on it, ill try to post a pic soon, the only thing you need for the 414 is the rear toe in blocks and the white 2 hole pistons, but all of this depends on track surface that you are running on. "

I thought that sounded familiar. I was like, hey I got those same things for my car. Then I read the second paragraph.

How is it going Nang?

GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:20 AM   #1755
Tech Initiate

reflex rc does have a good selection of 414 parts and they are great guys to deal with.

just watch out for blitz he will try to hack you if you are beating him J/K

see you guys tonight for some racing
FROGGY is offline   Reply With Quote