Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2009 Snowbird Nationals >

2009 Snowbird Nationals

2009 Snowbird Nationals

Old 11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Wink snowbirds 2009

well i'll be back to try and do better than the "I" main winner from2007 which i won by the way wahooo .and this year i'm going all out .....brushless
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

just for confirmation does anybody know what the classes will be (or a good idea)
and when will the forms be available?

many thanks
luke, uk
Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The problem I see with presorts and resorts is that for every good driver that gets resorted up, a lesser driver gets resorted down. Every resort then makes it more and more difficult to actually move up. Take someone who normally doesn't race carpet for example...that person may be capable of making higher mains but the longer it takes them to get the setup right the further down the pack they get sorted and the harder it becomes to get into higher mains.
There are enough individuals at many of these races that come EVERY year, so the way I think you can get close to ideal qual stacking is to use your finishing position from the year before to seed you for this years event. If you made the A last year, then you start in the A this year, and so on. If you have guys from say, the C who didn't show this year, move the guys up from the D, or even intersperse a few first timers into the heats that aren't full. If you do it that way you end up with less chance of getting a "less than hospitable" group of folks to run with.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

you bitches need to stop being to good to race with everybody else. shut up and race.

if you guys are so good you'll drive the traffic.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by davepull
you bitches need to stop being to good to race with everybody else. shut up and race.

Not bitching Dave, just offering a viable solution from the standpoint of a RACE DIRECTOR. I'll race with ANYBODY, but as an individual who has put on an event or two, as well as worked as an announcer/race director at countless others, one of the main complaints you hear is "My qualifier sucks". The seeding based on previous year's finishing position was used at one event I attend every year, and in those days you rarely ever heard any whining about heat set-up.

But thanks for being so positive......
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dave, please understand that it is a two-way street! I don't mind driving with anybody, but sometimes the complaints are "I have to move over every other lap" Doesn't make any difference to me as long as it is fair for all.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Hello racers. Finalizing classes right now so hope to have up this week.

As far as heats. We did set heats a coupe years based on the prior years, and some of the reasons we stopped was some racers didn't express interest in coming knowing they would be put in a lower heat... which kind of made sense. Another issue we had is with all the new classes and racers running different classes each year it's gets difficult sometimes to know where to stack fairly. We always seemed to miss someone and that made a hard last minute shuffle (racers signing up late, etc). Not saying we won't do it again or do something else in the future, just wanted to touch on some thoughts. The reason we went to random was to be as fair as possible basically.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
That's not a discretion of the track - its the black-n-white rule of the class...

If you run the 21.5/lipo option you are locked into a MAX FDR of 4.2 - meaing 4.3 is legal (and faster in most cases) and 4.19 is illegal...

The 'Birds will have people from the USVTA teching this class, so unless something changes in the class rules, what's on the website are the rules are...

21.5 is Novak only and lipo is only for the 21.5 motors and if you run the 21.5/lipo you are locked into a FDR of 4.2
again posted from the VTA site

Originally Posted by vta website
Tracks should not dictate which motor combination a racer should choose. All three motor/battery combos have been tested to compete evenly against one another in competition with great success. If any one power choice shows a definitive advantage at a certain track, it is up to the race management to even the racing out via suggested gearing changes.
so the track race director could change the FDR for 21.5 to a higher FDR to slow 21.5 to not give it so much an advantange
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Not bitching Dave, just offering a viable solution from the standpoint of a RACE DIRECTOR. I'll race with ANYBODY, but as an individual who has put on an event or two, as well as worked as an announcer/race director at countless others, one of the main complaints you hear is "My qualifier sucks". The seeding based on previous year's finishing position was used at one event I attend every year, and in those days you rarely ever heard any whining about heat set-up.

But thanks for being so positive......
I agree completely. It is fair and just. I also agree with Ezrow, My 1st and 2nd qaulifier's had Fairtrace, Cuffs, Johnson, and many other "A" drivers. Yang Lai and I spent the whole qaulifier pulling over. That put us into the "bumper car" heat and we had to move up. I understand thats all part of racing but gosh. I used to race with those guys all the time and I was always a lap or 3 off I must have said "sorry 'bout that" about a million times!

Last edited by Big Features; 11-03-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I'll remember that when your up there yelling at some idiot for going backwards on the track trying to turn around and you hit him head on in 2 or 3 qualifiers!! Ive seen you mad before!!

EA
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

wow you guys are COOL!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

we need a 12th scale lipo class.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
From a person who hasnever been to the birds.....

Keep the classes simple and have better racers...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by losithrasher
what this guy said!!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up 1/12 li-po

first they need to make a li po cell for the class and then mass produce it and then we can race 10 min to 15 minutes or more ,i am gonna be racing in the 12th 10.5 class

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.