Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Jaco Rubber Tires >

New Jaco Rubber Tires

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Old 06-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the new JACOs are nice!! and mounted!! , the only thing we found was that a few of the rims only had one vent hole
The Speed/rex wheel has 1 vent hole...

Im no tire/wheel designer but I cant see that being an issue when the other popular premounts have 1 small hole in the wheel.

Last edited by Maybell; 06-14-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the new JACOs are nice!! and mounted!! , the only thing we found was that a few of the rims only had one vent hole
Those are our special "high pressure" tires.
Did you run the state race today? How was the glue job? You better say "great" because I glued most of them myself!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
New part numbers or the same?
We may trim our part numbers down to two- 2428 and 2432. The vast majority of races will be run on either green or blue. The testing we did on orange was not positive. The blues were faster and lasted just as long. Since our goal was to develop a consistent handout tire for carpet and/or asphalt, I think we will concentrate on these two for now.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
We may trim our part numbers down to two- 2428 and 2432. The vast majority of races will be run on either green or blue. The testing we did on orange was not positive. The blues were faster and lasted just as long. Since our goal was to develop a consistent handout tire for carpet and/or asphalt, I think we will concentrate on these two for now.
Hi Jack,

I backordered an orange set along with some blues from Stormer. Should I cancel the oranges per the above? Many thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Seems like a good idea to me. Less product (ie 2 compounds) = quality in my mind. More time to concentrate on the greens & blues
Old 06-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran a set of blues today. i really like the rims!! I think my car wasn't setup for such a short sidewall because i'm scuffing up the rim in the corners. I have to adjust for that. I ran at a track temp of about 130 deg or so and they seems pretty good. I had a broken in set of sorex 32's that seemed a bit softer than the jacos, wear was pretty good and they were consistent through out the run. I used buggy grip and no tire warmers.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Where did you race?
Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Hi Jack,

I backordered an orange set along with some blues from Stormer. Should I cancel the oranges per the above? Many thanks.
Yes. Go with the blues only. I think you will like them.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The blues Me and Drew tested at Jonesboro a few weeks ago were awesome. Great wear, consistent from run to run and were fast! The Oranges seemed to wear about the same but lacked a little grip due to being harder. I think the blues should in just about all asphalt applications.

EA
Old 06-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jack. Marcos would bitch and moan if it had 3 holes. There were a small amount with only one hole and we let ALL racers put a second hole in the rims. We got the first two rounds in and have no complaints about the glue work. (nice job). Will finish up with two more rounds on Sunday (1qualifier and the mains)."

Jack. Please ignore that voice behind the curtain" !!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Where did you race?
Mushroom Bowl (www.mushroombowl.com) in Kennett Square pa. Sealed Asphalt, kinda bumpy w/ elevation changes. they treat it with soda and nitro cars run out there too.

Air temps got to about 89 degrees, i didn't temp the track directly (dunno how i missed doing that) but the tires were about 105 degrees coming off the track.

Again i'm not sure my car is setup for tires w/ such low sidewalls, i did a quick check and the new jaco's are lower than the sorex 32's and rp30's that i have in my box.

I'm going to be running them again (i've cleaned them and stored them clean in a ziplock) tmrw at the blue diamond down in new castle delaware. It is a slightly rougher surface and it's a big sweeping track that is pretty flat.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

I like the jaco foam tires but I have to say tried the new blues and they just don't work I don't know how you guys get it to work but all the racers at my local track tried it and switch to the another brand I like the rims but that is all I can say I like about the tires the rest of the tires are still on the shelf no one can get it to work.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Setup?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I like the jaco foam tires but I have to say tried the new blues and they just don't work I don't know how you guys get it to work but all the racers at my local track tried it and switch to the another brand I like the rims but that is all I can say I like about the tires the rest of the tires are still on the shelf no one can get it to work.
It's best if you all take then out of the package

Jokes
Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
Do you race at Jackson? So far, that is the one track where I have heard that the blues do not work. I don't know why. We have either run or tested the blues on 9 different tracks and Jackson is the only one I have heard had issues. I wish I knew why. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.