Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
And why not call Jaco and actually talk to him about it?

No, just complain on the internet because that's going to solve it. Please.
And trying to picks fights on the internet like you appear to be doing will? Why not PM speedy if you have a problem with his post? pot meet kettle.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Yikes. This one is getting out of hand. Can't we all just get along??

It sucks that we have to wait, but I believe it will be worth while. All reports have been positive.

Lighten up a little and be excited for what is about to come!!!!!! In the mean time run some Much More or Speedmind/Sorex........
Old 06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RBLove
Yikes. This one is getting out of hand. Can't we all just get along??

It sucks that we have to wait, but I believe it will be worth while. All reports have been positive.

Lighten up a little and be excited for what is about to come!!!!!! In the mean time run some Much More or Speedmind/Sorex........
Does anyone know how well this will work with the new RBLove Sauce? Its the traction compound thats taking over!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Does anyone know how well this will work with the new RBLove Sauce? Its the traction compound thats taking over!
That stuff is only allowed at clothing optional races isn't it?
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs down

And why not call Jaco and actually talk to him about it?

No, just complain on the internet because that's going to solve it. Please.
Thankx or8ital

The problem is advertising a product not available to the public,
HELLO!!!
what don't you understand about that statement???

I ain't calling Jaco, I did however call John {BSR's} and spoke to him about his possible venture into the rubber tire area, he will 'probably' have his line of tires available in the future, but you don't see his "HYPE" about it.

PROVIDE THE RACER/BASHER WHAT YOU ADVERTISE!!

I have a wall full of Jaco's, BSR's, Parma's Speedmine, ect, ect, FOAM tires!!

With the proclaimed shortage of rubber tires I have filled the needs of my customers with brands other than Jaco's, and will continue to until they [Jaco's ] are widley available to the public.

Fred my 'RANT' is because this thread started w/racers claiming how good these tires are when no one can BUY them, how fair is that to the consumer,
buy what & when you want, hope it is available, Jaco does make fine tires, and I apprciate their devotion to getting it 'RIGHT' but for heaven sake have them ready for the public when you start advertising them.

I ain't pickin no fight, just tellin how it is from 'behind the counter'

"As the transmitter wheel turns" so are the days of our lives

Speedy
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And trying to picks fights on the internet like you appear to be doing will? Why not PM speedy if you have a problem with his post? pot meet kettle.
I'm just fed up with all the complaining. Not just Speedy complaining about tire availability on this thread. Yeah, you're probably right about the pot and kettle. I don't care anymore.

This thread started out with good information about what was going on with the new tires and then like most threads, the complaining starts.

Fact is, people can race without Jaco's. Don't have a set? Borrow a set for a race.

Oh, and the Jaco ad said "available mid to late May" It's only early June so they're not that far off.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

"BORROW" a set? of last years tires?? or what??

Come on Fred, admit it, you not happy with me
can't we all be friends
Man hug!!

Lucky for me I have NEW tires available for my customers, although I have been known to 'loan' a set of used tires to a friend/fellow racer

Speedy
Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Eh, it's not much different that beta testing a product with a limited number of people, and sharing your findings with the public as you work through the process. That's done in lots of places outside of R/C, and shouldn't really be different here.

I imagine Jaco has to let people know something new is coming out since they've stopped supplying the old tires. I dunno guys, I'm having a hard time seeing why there's any animosity here. They're evaluating new tires, and will mount them on their own rims with their own machine once they find the right combination. All they've said is that it's coming, and they've been very forthcoming about the process to get there. How is that a bad thing? If anything, it's a lot better than the mystery that surrounded those special new tires Schumacher USA was supposed to bring us.

I'm frustrated too, 'cause this tire thing sucks, but I can't figure out how Jaco has anything to do with that. It's likely they're going to be the ones to save us from this mess. Lets give them the chance.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

I'm just fed up with all the complaining. Not just Speedy complaining about tire availability on this thread. Yeah, you're probably right about the pot and kettle. I don't care anymore.

This thread started out with good information about what was going on with the new tires and then like most threads, the complaining starts.

Fact is, people can race without Jaco's. Don't have a set? Borrow a set for a race.

Oh, and the Jaco ad said "available mid to late May" It's only early June so they're not that far off.
Yeah the tire shortage is a big disappointment and Im sure that is where a lot of frustration comes from. Lots of people dont like the longevity of Sorex tires and the new RP/CS tires have had unfavorable reviews. At $30 a set it gets pricey quickly. As a result people just want something that provides at least the performance they had if not better. Enter Jaco. People get all excited and then while waiting and dealing with less desirable tires get anxious.

I appreciate Jaco's efforts to get us new tires. Once we all have them in hand, look good with our new prism rims and can keep a set of tires more then a week this will all blow over.

JCarr, I believe you might be right! RBLove is working on that too... ha ha...

group hug
Old 06-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FOXY923
This sucks. I have no tires so I can't race
Speedy,

I have no problem with you. I'm just sick of the complaining like the one above. Very constructive.

I'm running last year's tires what's wrong with that? They're better than some of the stuff that's easy to get at the moment.

The whole point here is that the tire situation isn't all that good right now. Complaining about a company being a week or two late isn't going to help.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wonder if this is more of a higher demand for a product, than a actual shortage. I've seen several series that have decided to drop the foam tires and go to rubber tire only, thus causing a higher demand for the product. I'm sure one series alone will probably eat up at least 200 pairs of rubber tires, which I'm sure caught the supplier a little off guard.

The trend seems to be trying what the Euro guys have been doing for a while, rubber tire (tyre) on everything, or at least around here. It will be rubber on asphalt and carpet all year now.

Just a observation.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Red face

Fred,
sorry, I have to pick on you, you seem to be the only one defending Jaco at the moment, but alas, you are not reading my posts, I understand the delay in production, but as I have said in earlier posts

HAVE YOUR $H*T TOGETHER BEFORE YOU ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT

I can understand the testing by racers/ect, but why advertise these tests until you can provide said product to the consumer??

Yeah the release 'date' has been pushed back due to unforseen circumstances, will there be more 'unforseen circumstances' in the future for Jaco rubber tires?? who knows

Yeah I have tires for my customers, but I still hear
'WHEN WILL JACOS BE AVAILABLE???

Sorry Fred, hate to unload on you, you are somewhat new to the forum & I applogize for picking on you,

Speedy

ps man pile??
pss ROB LOVE traction compund!! when will it be available??
Old 06-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Good job. Now everybody wants the "Love Sauce"......... Wish my wife did
Old 06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Interesting direction this thread has taken.....
Considering we have done EVERYTHING we said we would do to improve our product and get it to market, I don't have much tolerance for complaining. Go run Sorex. We have busted our asses to get tires in and get them mounted as fast as possible. We are mounting the first batch of blues as we speak and they have already started shipping yesterday...about a week late from our target date. Big freakin deal. I don't need to look too far to see why chronic bitching hurts this industry.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
=We are mounting the first batch of blues as we speak and they have already started shipping yesterday...
Thanks for the update Jack. Looking forward to trying the new Prisms next week hopefully

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.