Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
While I am not one for starting a flame about a manufacture but after this weekends Xray Challenge in Portland where we ran the Jaco Blues I am more than disappointed with these tires. Matter of fact I fell quite ripped off. These tires were such junk, they didn't even last for 5 minutes of a race. I know there were some people that got two runs out of there tires, but even that is unacceptable. Having to spend almost 30 bucks on a set of tires that you cannot run twice. That is shit. I am a Sorex guy, won't run anythiing else unless I have too, Never again will I buy these crappy tires again. If any of the other guys that were at this race see this they, they will most likely say the same.

They were so bad that after the first run where I was able to run as fast as the leaders, the tires fell off close to a second a lap on the second run, and the car was undrivable. I changed about 15 things to try to get more rear grip in my car and because the tire were so nothing worked. I couldn't do anything else to my car to try to make the back more locked down.

My opinion, Jaco should refund every participante of this race for his shitty tires.

RedRocket
I guess to each their own. Ive had a lot of problem with Sorex tires not lasting. The Jaco's seem to hold up well. They don't seem quite as fast but Jack has said he wanted a good spec tire not necessarily the best (fastest) tire.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

While I am not one for starting a flame about a manufacture but after this weekends Xray Challenge in Portland where we ran the Jaco Blues I am more than disappointed with these tires. Matter of fact I fell quite ripped off. These tires were such junk, they didn't even last for 5 minutes of a race. I know there were some people that got two runs out of there tires, but even that is unacceptable. Having to spend almost 30 bucks on a set of tires that you cannot run twice. That is shit. I am a Sorex guy, won't run anythiing else unless I have too, Never again will I buy these crappy tires again. If any of the other guys that were at this race see this they, they will most likely say the same.

They were so bad that after the first run where I was able to run as fast as the leaders, the tires fell off close to a second a lap on the second run, and the car was undrivable. I changed about 15 things to try to get more rear grip in my car and because the tire were so nothing worked. I couldn't do anything else to my car to try to make the back more locked down.

My opinion, Jaco should refund every participante of this race for his shitty tires.

RedRocket

Last edited by Maybell; 07-29-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RedRocket
Not sure what Jaco blues were run, if they were the old dish wheel or the new Jaco blue on the prism wheel buty I can tell you that I tested the tire for development in South Florida where temps were as high as 140 degrees (asphalt) and of the "new" blues, not one tire failed, some lasted upto 4 and 5 runs COMPETITIVELY. The new tire requires that you run more negative camber particularly up front.

Just a quick question...where you the only racer that felt "ripped off" or were there others? Reason I ask is perhaps your setup was off...

If I can help in any way please post on here and I, along with the other JACO drivers will do the best to help you out.

Butter
Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

RedRocket
I talked to two other guys who were at this race and they did say that bite was low and they wore tires faster than at other tracks. They did not mention that the wear was excessive or the tires were undrivable. But then again, they knew setup.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I got to test out a set of the new Green compound prizms over the weekend. They are absolutely awesome. The car was a bit loose running the blues, but I threw on a set of greens, and the car hugged every corner no problem. They wear great too. I just wish I could drive a little better.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

i ran a set of greens at the trophy race this weekend they felt really good the whole day..
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

what compounds are offered other than blues?

We ran blues at the Xray & Big Dad's Asphalt challenge, the track was sugar water and VHT prepped so traction was high, the tires gave as good traction as any other tire (good looks to boot), but the wear was terrible.
After one 5 minute run the tires had the wear on them I would see after 4-6 runs with RP's or Sorex's.

Dont get me wrong, these tires are a new standard, but harder compounds need to be offered for outdoor racing, whether it is a VHT prepped track or a parking lot race course, the blues just dont hold up well, even on 75 degree days.

and Im not the only one experiencing this, except for 2 or 3 people running the tires at the Asphalt challenge, the wear was very similar to what I experienced.
I even asked Paul Lemieux if my setup would give bad tire wear and he said no, so when I showed him my tires even he was surprised.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

My first ever attempt at Blues. I had excussive tire wear. Then went and made some changes. Thicker oil.Stiffer rear spring and went up 1 rate on front bar. Treated tires with wd-40 to clean and preped with FX2 for bite before going onto track. Results after, Ran tires at Jackson NJ 3 runs (Rocket round,Warm up for main and A Main). Left NJ got home to NC. raced last week, Slick parking lot. Tires were able to get 8 more runs on them. Complete race day and I plan to use them again this week till they wear thru. Tire prep and Chassie ajustments are key.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

RedRocket
I was at the race and what you say is totally true about the performance of the tires, I dont think they are shit, i just think they are a completely wrong choice of compound.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Jack
when can I expect Horizon Hobby to get their shipment??
I want to try these tires for myself, hey Tag got any left???

Thankx Bill
Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
I'm not sure if that is true, but I will say all 3 of our batches have come from Great Planes. If your local dealer had them on backorder through GP, they should have received some by now.
I recieved my first set of backorders of both greens and blues from GP last Tuesday, we are the local dealer in Northeast Ill, must have just been the order of order fufillment.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I will admit that my setup may have not been perfect, but I am no mornone at this. I have won my share of big local races and sat on pole a bit too. My car was just as fast as the two guys who qualified ahead of me, but I could no the tires to run for 5 minutes, and definatly not for a second run. I just find that it sucks that we were made to run these tires, and they seem to be a bad tire. They were the new Prizm rims tires. I am not gonna make quotes of other people but I heard alot of this complaint at the race. The bite was only medium to me even though it was VHT'ed and sugar watered. My car was set up as free as it could in the front and as tight as possible in the rear, and the car still had no bite off the corners, on the second run for the tires. I just think these are an inferior tire to some other manufactures. Especially since Jaco makes such great foam tires. I would expect more.

RedRocket
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
My first ever attempt at Blues. I had excussive tire wear. Then went and made some changes. Thicker oil.Stiffer rear spring and went up 1 rate on front bar. Treated tires with wd-40 to clean and preped with FX2 for bite before going onto track. Results after, Ran tires at Jackson NJ 3 runs (Rocket round,Warm up for main and A Main). Left NJ got home to NC. raced last week, Slick parking lot. Tires were able to get 8 more runs on them. Complete race day and I plan to use them again this week till they wear thru. Tire prep and Chassie ajustments are key.

kinda early to be testing for next years nats isn't it
Old 07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Little_Mike

We ran blues at the Xray & Big Dad's Asphalt challenge, the track was sugar water and VHT prepped so traction was high, the tires gave as good traction as any other tire (good looks to boot), but the wear was terrible.
After one 5 minute run the tires had the wear on them I would see after 4-6 runs with RP's or Sorex's.

Dont get me wrong, these tires are a new standard, but harder compounds need to be offered for outdoor racing, whether it is a VHT prepped track or a parking lot race course, the blues just dont hold up well, even on 75 degree days.

and Im not the only one experiencing this, except for 2 or 3 people running the tires at the Asphalt challenge, the wear was very similar to what I experienced.
I even asked Paul Lemieux if my setup would give bad tire wear and he said no, so when I showed him my tires even he was surprised.

you might want to try a softer tire (greens), ive noticed ay my local track that greens wear alot better than blues
Old 07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Little_Mike

I have a set of jaco blues on the "old" dish wheel, those tires are dailed, i even traction roll with them at SIR. the "new" prism blue takes a different set up as mentioned before, JB and I run Mi3's. without changing my setup I can get the "insert" wear line on the inside of the rear on the first run, on the second run they are howling around the corners and are slow, however JB made adjustments to his chassis for the tires and his tires are wearig perfectly and hes getting more runs out of them.

the reason the guys from SIR did so well, is because they got tires and tested before the race and had setups for the tires. IMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.