Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Radio calibration can be a part of this. Some radios "wander" more than others. Over shooting your calibrated epa point can correct this. Calibrate the RS/RS Pro with epa's set to 100. Then bump your high or throttle EPA to 110.
Randy, thanks for the advice-but i just dont like this fix-this sounds like masking a bad radio (dx3r) that had been working just fine or masking a bad motor or masking a bad esc.

has anybody fixed this problem by replacing the radio or motor or esc or lipo? or even added an extra cap to fix it?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

What do you mean it's "pushing?"
I mean that in low RPM it is imo sometimes not equivalent to trigger - too agressive. Like sometimes I get wheelie with really low throttle (I am having linear curves no drag brake no minimum brake...) In dual mode it drives more consistent but I dont have enough torque in mid RPM to jump.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by poochy
hi, i am losing turbo after a few minutes of mod sedan racing. everything had been working fine for about 3 months until the track changed, it now has two 150 ft. straights instead of one.

motor temps are always under 170.

what have others done to fix this? ive read the recalibrating the throttle end points fixes it for some but not for others. hard to believe its the sensor cable since it always works at the beginning of the race. please help!!!
I've had this same issue for awhile now and have replaced everything with new equipment except the battery. My battery is getting quite old now so this is most likely where my issue is and I plan to replace it eventually. Right now I am concentrating on other RC related purchases so it will be awhile before I can get a new battery and test.

Originally Posted by L@gger
I mean that in low RPM it is imo sometimes not equivalent to trigger - too agressive. Like sometimes I get wheelie with really low throttle (I am having linear curves no drag brake no minimum brake...) In dual mode it drives more consistent but I dont have enough torque in mid RPM to jump.
Do you have push control on? Kinda sounds like it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

or min throttle to high
Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

As I said I want to have my drive absolutely clear of every modifiers. Nothing is on. But sometimes it act as it had push control on but I think my timing dynamic or inbuilt isnt right.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

post your setup so we can see
Old 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I've had this same issue for awhile now and have replaced everything with new equipment except the battery. My battery is getting quite old now so this is most likely where my issue is and I plan to replace it eventually. Right now I am concentrating on other RC related purchases so it will be awhile before I can get a new battery and test.

Do you have push control on? Kinda sounds like it.
Ok, what battery r u using?
where are sodder posts locatd in relation to the chassis?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Here is what I was mostly running. With lower endbelt timing im getting passive braking in neutral. I really dont understand how it is with redline / ballistic to what stick or how to calculate a good compromise with most redline motor setups to my ballistic. And 55 deg as maximum useful timing doesnt work with ballistics right?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tekin-RS-setup-sheet.pdf (281.3 KB, 164 views)
Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by poochy
Ok, what battery r u using?
where are sodder posts locatd in relation to the chassis?
It is a Trinity 45c 5000mah pack I've had for probably close to 2 years now. I've tried the ESC in various positions relative to the chassis to get better cooling to the posts but this is just a 17.5 motor and the ESC is not overheating.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been going through this forum and am looking for help with a RS pro set up together with gearing for an LRP X12 6.5 running a touring car on a tarmac track - Straight approx 35m

Also is dual mode the way to go for mod or stay running in sensored?

Any help much appreciated
Old 06-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Radio calibration can be a part of this. Some radios "wander" more than others. Over shooting your calibrated epa point can correct this. Calibrate the RS/RS Pro with epa's set to 100. Then bump your high or throttle EPA to 110.
symptom=turbo loss/fade, drag brake loss/fade

i found my issue and wanted to share-i didnt up the travel 10% over calibration or re calibrated.
i noticed on my dx3r, in "monitor" mode, it showed the Throtte trim at -50 off center (max is -1378 for brake and around +1378 for throttle). i probably accidentally pushed the throttle trim button -50 off center recently--it is now set back to zero (neutral)..problem solved (turbo fade/drag brake fade are good now)-thank you all.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L@gger
Ok what motor is this wind wise? your setup is very mild unless you're using a 7.5 or faster motor.

Your gearing is kinda out of whack though since none of us use a 90T spur on the CR. Also with the combined 35 motor and 20 boost you're at 55 degrees of timing...

Wheelies are a part of offroad. Use current limiter to tame them down. Try 80 right out of the gate.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamieV
I have been going through this forum and am looking for help with a RS pro set up together with gearing for an LRP X12 6.5 running a touring car on a tarmac track - Straight approx 35m

Also is dual mode the way to go for mod or stay running in sensored?

Any help much appreciated
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...C_6.5_v212.pdf
Old 06-29-2011, 09:28 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hi randy,
i noticed on the tekin website that there is only 1 setup for a mod motor for a 1/10th onroad tourer..
is there any chance you could share with us a setup for say a 4.5T mod motor?
if there was a preference, i'd say large flowing asphalt track
-mark
Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/12th

I'm going to be racing 1/12th this winter, what is the best way to use the RS PRO ESC for 1 cell LiPo? With a receiver battery back or with a voltage booster?

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.