Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
Thanks Randy ..

from setup guide mention.. throttle profile for C1 & C2 cannot use yet

From User Guide
"Throttle Profile C1 and C2 are not in use as of yet, but they will be used for user programmable profiles in future software versions"
Try the "NEW" Help Guide

RS/RSPRO 2.12 Software User Information Guide
Old 04-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Charge up your rx packs and watch their peak voltage. I'm curious to know if it's over 7 volts...
Ok the life pack hit 7.4 peak voltage. 8.39 for the lipo and not sure about the voltage the booster puts out. The speedo with the booster I've had since 5the rs came out so I wasn't suprised when that one went it had many hours on it. The other two where only a few months old.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
thank ... but they are still same ..

"C1 and C2 are not in use as of yet, but they will be used for user programmable profiles in future software versions.
*Factory Setting is THP3 Linear*"
Old 04-28-2011, 06:23 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
thank ... but they are still same ..

"C1 and C2 are not in use as of yet, but they will be used for user programmable profiles in future software versions.
*Factory Setting is THP3 Linear*"
i think people may have misunderstood your question. they are pointing you to the custom 'timing' profiles. but you were asking about custom 'throttle' profiles.

just curious, most radios offer exponential, wouldn't this combined with the deadband and minimum throttle settings on the esc provide the adjustment you are looking for?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Currently the custom "throttle profiles" are disabled. They're being worked on right now.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Ok the life pack hit 7.4 peak voltage. 8.39 for the lipo and not sure about the voltage the booster puts out. The speedo with the booster I've had since 5the rs came out so I wasn't suprised when that one went it had many hours on it. The other two where only a few months old.
If that is the case you'll need to use a voltage regulator to drop down the voltage. That is simply too high unless wired through the Rs's switch.

Li-fe's in the beginning were never that high voltage wise, they too have been getting "better" in the voltage department.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Currently the custom "throttle profiles" are disabled. They're being worked on right now.
I am assuming these custom throttle profiles are similar to throttle profile 1-5 but with certain customizable features. This has given me an idea. There could be a use for adjustable Timing profiles. I made a quick graph to demonstrate what I'm talking about. The first horizontal line is the fixed amount of motor timing and where the line takes a slope upwards is where boost kicks in over the specified RPM range. I purposefully did not include the turbo timing because it is based on full throttle and time delay and not related to RPM.

In the three graphs the first is what we have now. The second could be if boost profiles were added. This could be linear (middle), soft (lower), and aggressive (upper). It would change how fast timing was added once the motor enters the rpm range of the boost. The third graph would be manipulated timing over the entire RPM range starting at zero. Assuming zero motor timing the esc would start the motor out at a certain level of timing and add timing slowly over the lower rpm range. This could benefit on a tight infield keeping the esc from adding too much timing too quickly. The line then steepens as rpm increases in faster sections and levels out at the top range.

I'm not saying this is the way it should be, just another way it could (possibly) maximize performance and efficiency.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-timing-profiles.jpg  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

very upset with my tekin rs as stated in previous posts with the 12 67 leds flashing.sensor cable motor soldering poor ect.just got new sensor cable and a new speed controller.tried new sensor cable first still 12 67.installed new speed controller old sensor wire and motor and everything works fine.i'd say its probably like 90 percent of time it's the speed control.who can i talk to to see if tekin will cover a 3hr. of use tekin rs.had over 90 days but didn't know they have a self life.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
i think people may have misunderstood your question. they are pointing you to the custom 'timing' profiles. but you were asking about custom 'throttle' profiles.

just curious, most radios offer exponential, wouldn't this combined with the deadband and minimum throttle settings on the esc provide the adjustment you are looking for?
Yes AVS ... that what i mean ...

Thank Randy .. we will waiting ....
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by olegeezer
very upset with my tekin rs as stated in previous posts with the 12 67 leds flashing.sensor cable motor soldering poor ect.just got new sensor cable and a new speed controller.tried new sensor cable first still 12 67.installed new speed controller old sensor wire and motor and everything works fine.i'd say its probably like 90 percent of time it's the speed control.who can i talk to to see if tekin will cover a 3hr. of use tekin rs.had over 90 days but didn't know they have a self life.
Check the solder joints inside the motor at the pinion end!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by olegeezer
If it's 90 days old it's under warranty(120 days).

The sensor cable has NOTHING to do with this fault. Led's 12 67 is a connection error between the esc and the A B C motor wires. It can be a motor, wire, or an esc.

The first step is to grab a known good motor and hook it up to the esc. If it powers up, bad motor. If not, try your motor wires next. If it sill shows 12 67 make 100% sure you're on a brushless motor type(MT 1-3).

Also if this is a 1s application, try a 2s battery to verify your booster/rx pack is providing enough power.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default new ..

hy is they any new firmware comming out ??
Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

What would you want it to do?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR007
What would you want it to do?
Drive to the store to get me food while I'm marshalling.

-Mike
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

done with tekin great controller when it worked reminds me too much like a victor iq charger great features but just not reliable.good luck with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.