Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
Hey i'm just frustrated that I am having this big a problem with my ESC it has been going on since well before November.They replace each one with a brand new one and after several runs the Esc won't turn the motor over without Me having to spin the wheels and as soon as I let off it won't turn the motor over without having the spin the wheels by hand and when it stops in order to get the tires to turn over I have to spin the tires by hand and then the Esc will keep the power to the motor until i let it stop and then I have to spin the tires by hand to get it to run.
What motor? Does the sensor board check out? Does the motor spin freely without the controller attached to it? First thing I would do if your motor keeps frying your speed control is try another motor. Or at least pull the thing apart and make sure the windings aren't shorted out or got something else wrong with them. I have had a couple rotors shatter in my motors. The motors would still run just not that well as they were no complete failures. I have also had my rotors flake and the metal get stuck in the end bearing and seize the motor.

I have seen a lot of weirdness, but never have I seen multiple failures of speed control when there was nothing else wrong.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey i'm just frustrated that I am having this big a problem with my ESC it has been going on since well before November.They replace each one with a brand new one and after several runs the Esc won't turn the motor over without Me having to spin the wheels and as soon as I let off it won't turn the motor over without having the spin the wheels by hand and when it stops in order to get the tires to turn over I have to spin the tires by hand and then the Esc will keep the power to the motor until i let it stop and then I have to spin the tires by hand to get it to run.
I may have misread about the LED's. Version 198-207 works fine. anything high Ive had the same problem with 10.5 motors. You may have the Push brake set to high. For some reason on adjustmode LED 1 & 2 counter act each other Play with these modes and redo the Calibration of TX. I dont use push control anyway, I'd just turn it off push control. 3 times or 4 times they replace it. I get tired of it happenijng twice!!!

I don't know why it loosses the setting of mode, or looses calibration of TX. I just think an error on setting the modes, an forget what modes we set!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

hello guys...,

weird thing happened to my rspro...:

with fully charged 50c lipo, 1st n 2nd lap was damn good n fast...
after that, the speedo seems to be very weak... poor range of torque output..
tried swap the motor but the same prob occurred....

any ideas guys?... plz help me....
Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by postoposto
hello guys...,

weird thing happened to my rspro...:

with fully charged 50c lipo, 1st n 2nd lap was damn good n fast...
after that, the speedo seems to be very weak... poor range of torque output..
tried swap the motor but the same prob occurred....

any ideas guys?... plz help me....
Recalibrate your radio to your ESC. Also check your sensor cable. If it becomes loose then the ESC will run the motor in sensorless mode and will feel exactly how you describe.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by macdude
Recalibrate your radio to your ESC. Also check your sensor cable. If it becomes loose then the ESC will run the motor in sensorless mode and will feel exactly how you describe.
i've done that too.... but still.....
Old 01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default v212 help please

Hey guys, I'm running 17.5 on a low traction asphalt track 130 foot straight, fairly open. Can someone point me in the right direction on setup for 212? There are many more settings that I don't understand. Thanks in advance

Ronnie
Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i've done that too.... but still.....
already try change another good lipo ?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
What motor? Does the sensor board check out? Does the motor spin freely without the controller attached to it? First thing I would do if your motor keeps frying your speed control is try another motor. Or at least pull the thing apart and make sure the windings aren't shorted out or got something else wrong with them. I have had a couple rotors shatter in my motors. The motors would still run just not that well as they were no complete failures. I have also had my rotors flake and the metal get stuck in the end bearing and seize the motor.

I have seen a lot of weirdness, but never have I seen multiple failures of speed control when there was nothing else wrong.
Your right... I must be dreaming this problem,Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smilekt
already try change another good lipo ?
a brand new 5000mah 50c fully charged was used + brand new brushless 10.5 as well..... and the problem temporarily solved everytime i reset the on/off switch...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

a brand new 5000mah 50c fully charged was used + brand new brushless 10.5 as well..... and the problem temporarily solved everytime i reset the on/off switch...
I experienced this kind of issue previously.. and I managed to narrow down the root cause which was due to the on/off switch having bad contact. Problem solved after I change the switch to the new switch. Maybe you can have a try to change the on/off switch and see if the problem go away...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yazid_TA05-IFS
I experienced this kind of issue previously.. and I managed to narrow down the root cause which was due to the on/off switch having bad contact. Problem solved after I change the switch to the new switch. Maybe you can have a try to change the on/off switch and see if the problem go away...
ok, i'll try.... many thanks bro.....
Old 01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Out of curiosity, can you post a picture of how your RS is installed in the car?

I've seen something similar before where chassis flex or vibration combined with something mounted very close to the sensor port was causing some very strange behavior.

The reason I ask is because you're getting 2-3 runs before this issue pops up, so I believe you when you say the motor and sensor wire is good, but there's still got to be an underlying cause here somewhere.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picco007
Hey guys, I'm running 17.5 on a low traction asphalt track 130 foot straight, fairly open. Can someone point me in the right direction on setup for 212? There are many more settings that I don't understand. Thanks in advance

Ronnie
tc/12th ?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
tc/12th ?
Sorry it is for TC.....Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

40 timing boost
14 turbo
start 2-3k
end 15k
ramp 2
delay .15
0 motor
fdr 6.0
throttle 3
everything else to your feel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.