Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The new Redline Gen 2 motors are still being tested.

In that picture there is also the new micro motor(s) as well as the Roc412 crawling motor.
Are you going to have any 1S (1/12th or WGT) offerings? Motors? Rotors?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RacinJ
Are you going to have any 1S (1/12th or WGT) offerings? Motors? Rotors?
I hope that they will come also. 'm going to race 1:12 also.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The new Redline Gen 2 motors are still being tested.

In that picture there is also the new micro motor(s) as well as the Roc412 crawling motor.
It'd be nice if more motor companies would use low profile tabs to solder the wires on.

Some 12th scale bodies fit much better with the LRP motors.

Aside from that, the new stuff looks good
Old 12-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default need some ideas.

i know this is onroad, but i have a freinds Shumacher Couger 4x4.
i put in my reciever, and up loaded V212. played with the settings, and then used it. was fine. i then have charged the battery tonight, and used it. i have since recharged, to see what i used. a 50C 5000mah pack, it took 2120 mah to fully charge it again.

problem was, i was trying some different car setup settings, just out the front, and it was a bullet, like the previous night. i braught it to a stop, had a look at the Leds, and only 2 were lighting up for heat. motor was warm, not hot.

so i slowly drove it a distance away from me, and then my phone rang. for 30 secs, i was on the phone, and when i wanted to see how much launch i could get from it, it launched, then it stuttered. kind of like a lean bog on a nitro motor, or i should say a bit of a miss. then it took off again. after that, it was running, but lost power. would still have the initial rip, but lacked the boost, or turbo you can feel kick in. so i continued for maybe another 30 secs. braught it back and checked leds. only one on for heat. i then moved my end point to 105 from 95. it stuttered again. i let off. then slammed the throttle on again, it had its boost and turbo back. then a short while, it lost it again, thats when i thaught id see if i drained the batt too much.

not even half its capacity. batt is an SMC, and motor a redline 10.5.

i am supposed to be racing it tommorow night, and if i can get suggestions, that would be good.
i havent recalibrated the radio to ESC, and i havent checked the speedy settings. i will check settings in s short while. but it seemed strange to just go flat, then come back to life, then fall away again.

i had a complaint last week from the owner, when i was helping him, but that was with my speedy, and different motor. he complained it went flat, and lost its feel of power. so different motors, different speedy, different Cap. not 100% sure if its the same battery though.

thanks for any help in advance.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i know this is onroad, but i have a freinds Shumacher Couger 4x4.
i put in my reciever, and up loaded V212. played with the settings, and then used it. was fine. i then have charged the battery tonight, and used it. i have since recharged, to see what i used. a 50C 5000mah pack, it took 2120 mah to fully charge it again.

problem was, i was trying some different car setup settings, just out the front, and it was a bullet, like the previous night. i braught it to a stop, had a look at the Leds, and only 2 were lighting up for heat. motor was warm, not hot.

so i slowly drove it a distance away from me, and then my phone rang. for 30 secs, i was on the phone, and when i wanted to see how much launch i could get from it, it launched, then it stuttered. kind of like a lean bog on a nitro motor, or i should say a bit of a miss. then it took off again. after that, it was running, but lost power. would still have the initial rip, but lacked the boost, or turbo you can feel kick in. so i continued for maybe another 30 secs. braught it back and checked leds. only one on for heat. i then moved my end point to 105 from 95. it stuttered again. i let off. then slammed the throttle on again, it had its boost and turbo back. then a short while, it lost it again, thats when i thaught id see if i drained the batt too much.

not even half its capacity. batt is an SMC, and motor a redline 10.5.

i am supposed to be racing it tommorow night, and if i can get suggestions, that would be good.
i havent recalibrated the radio to ESC, and i havent checked the speedy settings. i will check settings in s short while. but it seemed strange to just go flat, then come back to life, then fall away again.

i had a complaint last week from the owner, when i was helping him, but that was with my speedy, and different motor. he complained it went flat, and lost its feel of power. so different motors, different speedy, different Cap. not 100% sure if its the same battery though.

thanks for any help in advance.
Sounds like a sensor issue. First try a new/different sensor wire. If that doesn't help, try a different motor, and again try different sensor wires.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

you did calibrate after updating the esc
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

im a new rs pro user..want to ask something
what is:

Throttle Profile: ?
Push Control: ?
Brake Min: ?

Neutral Width: ?
Throttle Min: ?

Timing Advance: ?
Boost: ?
Turbo: ?
Turbo Ramp: ?

thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did the on road guys go back to 208? I was looking at some recent set up sheets of Atsushi Hara etc and they said they were using 208? Is there something wrong with 212?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
you did calibrate after updating the esc
yes i did.

has had diff motor, and sensor wire, and speedy. for 2 diff speedies, i believe it is in the car. time has run out, so ill try to sort at the track tommorow night.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmatter
Did the on road guys go back to 208? I was looking at some recent set up sheets of Atsushi Hara etc and they said they were using 208? Is there something wrong with 212?
The only thing I have noticed is that the car can violently "check up" if you lift the throttle much, like if you are lifted at the apex of a high speed sweeper. This has been a common complaint at our track, but I think it happened on v208 as well. We noticed it after leaving v203.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Found the problem, as i expected. it is in the car. Slipper has melted from teh extra power i have given the car over the last fortnight. good while its cool, as things heat up, Bye Bye power, and spur gets hot to touch.

i have only used V212 twice. i feel brakes are improved over 203, power is the same, just the settings are a bit different. just have to get used to it.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azwan
im a new rs pro user..want to ask something
what is:

Push Control: ?
Brake Min: ?

Neutral Width: ?
Throttle Min: ?

Timing Advance: ?
Boost: ?
Turbo: ?
Turbo Ramp: ?

thanks
read over this,it is a new user guide with pics on everything the rs does

http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?p=244
Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
The only thing I have noticed is that the car can violently "check up" if you lift the throttle much, like if you are lifted at the apex of a high speed sweeper. This has been a common complaint at our track, but I think it happened on v208 as well. We noticed it after leaving v203.
Have you checked the Min Throttle and Min Brake, depending on how neutral is I think this could make the car go from a little throttle to a little brake suddenly.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Have you checked the Min Throttle and Min Brake, depending on how neutral is I think this could make the car go from a little throttle to a little brake suddenly.
I am talking about partial lifting, not even going to neutral, not going to brake. I really don't use brakes on my track so I haven't messed with the minimum brake setting. Minimum throttle I have been using 20-30 (17.5 touring car).
Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Are you going from full throttle? If turbo is engaged and you back off just enough so that timing vanishes, but still on power enough that the magnetic field being created is now "behind" the rotor it will slow the motor to an extent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.