Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Regional Moderator

I believe that all Novak motors come factory set at 30 degrees.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know what timing a Speed Passion v3 17.5t comes with? Its adjustable atleast from 0 to 10degrees, are these real numbers?
Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

go with low boost in the 35-40 to start.it may have 20-25 built in.its hard to compare timing on motors to other brand,i have a friend that uses x12 with factory timing and still puts 60* through it so start low and work your way up
Old 11-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
go with low boost in the 35-40 to start.it may have 20-25 built in.its hard to compare timing on motors to other brand,i have a friend that uses x12 with factory timing and still puts 60* through it so start low and work your way up
Yep, just hoping someone would have hard facts on the numbers that way I could skip the tedius testing work and get to finetuning the speedo for the motor.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

"Tedious testing" is what should be done by any racrer. Your driving style affects motor temps as much as anything.
Not picking on your post in particular, but there seem to be more and more posts on here asking for someone else to set their car up before they have even tried themselves. If you are STUCK, great, shout out. If you just can't be bothered cutting a few laps, maybe racing isn't for you.
Again, not pointing fingers, just suggesting getting out there may offer more benifit than being given the answer straight away.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR007
"Tedious testing" is what should be done by any racrer. Your driving style affects motor temps as much as anything.
Not picking on your post in particular, but there seem to be more and more posts on here asking for someone else to set their car up before they have even tried themselves. If you are STUCK, great, shout out. If you just can't be bothered cutting a few laps, maybe racing isn't for you.
Again, not pointing fingers, just suggesting getting out there may offer more benifit than being given the answer straight away.
"Tedious Testing" is all fine and dandy if you have easy access. I own the local track I can go in anytime to run setup changes on my car. I do "Tedious Testing" But what about the racer that lives hour or even 2 hours to the track that they go to for a club race. Or that the club track has limited practice times. Getting meaningful practice in on race day before heats start is sketchy at best. You need sometimes a closed track that you can run consistent laps on to get any valid results with practice scoring on to see if the changes make noticeable advancements or if it is a mental change i.e.: "I changed this so it should of done this.. Ya that's what it did" so why is it 2 tenths slower. There are very few that have the facilities and capital to fund "Tedious Testing" let alone the perception to validate those settings. Helping out other drivers with starting points, discussing ideas and pulling wild theories out of the air will always help everybody from the seasoned racers to the guy that wants you to just setup his car as he may or may not have the time or ability to discern the differences. So help a racer out!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
"Tedious Testing" is all fine and dandy if you have easy access. I own the local track I can go in anytime to run setup changes on my car. I do "Tedious Testing" But what about the racer that lives hour or even 2 hours to the track that they go to for a club race. Or that the club track has limited practice times. Getting meaningful practice in on race day before heats start is sketchy at best. You need sometimes a closed track that you can run consistent laps on to get any valid results with practice scoring on to see if the changes make noticeable advancements or if it is a mental change i.e.: "I changed this so it should of done this.. Ya that's what it did" so why is it 2 tenths slower. There are very few that have the facilities and capital to fund "Tedious Testing" let alone the perception to validate those settings. Helping out other drivers with starting points, discussing ideas and pulling wild theories out of the air will always help everybody from the seasoned racers to the guy that wants you to just setup his car as he may or may not have the time or ability to discern the differences. So help a racer out!
That's exactly my situation. 1 track, which opens up every OTHER Wednesday (2x a month) or the 2nd track which is 2-1/2 hrs away.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What he's trying to say is that there is not a "magic" setup for everyone. This is why I often give out "safe" setups that will get the user started.

Often times I can take 3 team drivers and get them all close but they will all require their own tweaks due to driving style and car setup.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JR007
I have done already hundreds of hours "tedious testing" with the Tekin RS, thats why I know exactly how to do the initial setup if I know the real timing of the motor. I am just not in a position to know the real timing of the motor, so I am asking. If I do not get the timing I will just do the testing, will probably take a evening or so, no big deal but that time could be spent testing other things.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Fair call. Like I say, I wasn't picking on anyone. Good to see you're still putting in the leg work.

I still stand by my point that, as you probably know, having those figures alone won't make the set-up, it's only a small part. Like you said, you know that, there are others that should pay more attention to it.

With regards to helping out, i'm all for it, God knows I need it more than most. I just feel some people on here may get misguided into thinking a few numbers on this screen will tell them how to set their car, when there are soooo many variables, the only way to sort it out is by cutting laps.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
What he's trying to say is that there is not a "magic" setup for everyone. This is why I often give out "safe" setups that will get the user started.

Often times I can take 3 team drivers and get them all close but they will all require their own tweaks due to driving style and car setup.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi everybody,

Would it be safe to run a 5,5T speed passion v2.0 motor with a RS (non pro) speedo in a Touring Car?

I am wondering if it will limit the use of the sensored mod compared to a rs pro. Or should i be able to "push" it as much as an rs pro?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

You'll be pushing the limits of an RS with a 7.5 in a touring car, the 5.5 limit for the RS is in a 2WD off-road chassis.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeppi
Hi everybody,

Would it be safe to run a 5,5T speed passion v2.0 motor with a RS (non pro) speedo in a Touring Car?

I am wondering if it will limit the use of the sensored mod compared to a rs pro. Or should i be able to "push" it as much as an rs pro?
its not good to push it the 5.5 limit is in 2wd some have used a 6.5 but yo need to watch it close
Old 11-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We reccomend the RS Pro anytime you go 4wd any chassis and a modified motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.