Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L@gger
If you lose only one cable of sensor wire do RS pro ESC change mode to sensorless?
Most likely yes.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theisgroup
nope. I mean if I set my rpm range, timing and turbo the same way. it ran the same. meaning, i think that the the way the speedo applies timing, turbo at the give rpm range has not changed from v203
So the only thing that is different is the name, the interface screen and much better brakes. Everything else is the same as 203!?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes,

If a sensor harness wire came undone in some fashion we'd go to sensorless.

While 208 wasn't configured to making the RS/RS Pro faster...it has shown that it lowers laptimes...nuff said.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
So the only thing that is different is the name, the interface screen and much better brakes. Everything else is the same as 203!?
that is not actually what I said. I said setup the exact same way, v208 is not any faster.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

that is not actually what I said. I said setup the exact same way, v208 is not any faster.
My mis-understanding, sorry
Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hi yang, what are the brakes like with the new software ??? I run 10.5 and have had problems with them
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think that EA said breaks are much better. I run 1/12 stock adn 13.5. no brakes needed. hell, I run push even to keep the speed up in the corners. lol
Old 07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

i think that EA said breaks are much better. I run 1/12 stock adn 13.5. no brakes needed. hell, I run push even to keep the speed up in the corners. lol
I had to run push this weekend with the LRP motors because of the brakes being so strong!

I know I was one of the biggest whinners about the throttle feel of the Tekin but its great now! No complaints at all after one weekend using it. Now if it could only fix my sucky driving!!!

EA
Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default v208

So has version 208 been released to the general public yet? I only ask because they are already getting classes set up for the new requirement of no timing advance. Also, if you do release it like the last upgrade, the whole process should consist of a website download, instead of an email response..... big pain in the you know what. Look at how castle handles this, much smoother.

thanks
Old 07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

no its not out yet,if you need a no timing version go with 183
Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

guys, 208 was just release to the team. I mean the first weekend that we have had a chance to play with it was this past weekend. give it some time. we just like anyone else also have to learn the software. when you become a team driver, there is no automagic download from tekin of all their secrets and how everything in their lineup works.

sometimes I wish that the Internet was slower. to have the info leak that the new software is "now" in the wild sets the expectation that all the knowledge has already been learn and imparted to the individuals that have access to the software. that is just not the case. we (Team Tekin) are the tester and we are the ones out there blowing up motors to come up with baselines so that they will be available when the software "IS" actually released.

203 was released 2 weeks after the official team release. that gave the team 2 weekends to get up to speed. because the day of release, the expectation was that there were base setup for every form of electric racing. i was at the track the weekend of release for 20 hours those 2 days to "help" people upgrade and also had a group of 5 guys to help me come up with base setups that i could get to randy.

the argument would be for tekin to release the software to everyone including the team at the same time. but I can tell you that with 203 there were guys blowing up motors the first weekend of release and pissed that tekin would make anything that would allow a brushless motor to "blow up" in just 1 min of runtime. and that is after I spent countless hours publishing information as I learned it that weekend.

just give us some time to work the new software.

sorry for the rant.

v208 is not any faster then v203 when set the same way. I am not sure i understand the question about "middle" throttle. because most of the setup add alot of timing and a lot of turbo fairly fast, this does make the speedo "feel" like an on/off switch. but as you move up to faster motors an faster classes, you run less of both and that should smooth out the throttle profile. the guys that want the "bullet" in 17.5 will always have to get use to the on/off feel. I am the one that came up with the narrow window of RPM and yes, that feels like an on/off switch. since then I have seen alot of people run the wide rpm range and that has smoothed out the speedo quite a bit. but i still feel these setup are not the fastest. I did not get a chance to play with the "spec" profile. will try and have a go at it next weekend. we just don't have a class for "spec". even after the new roar rules hit, i doubt that our club with move to spec. all of our drivers have gotten use to the speed of 17.5 boosted. but time will tell. maybe we can get a spec class going.
I can understand your points... BUT a great deal of us here are reasonably intelligent people and the way the internet is these days no information is far worse than a little information...

When it became known that an update was on the way all you needed to say (IMO) is things like "we are tweaking the interface, working on some new programing features so you don't always need a laptop available and working on improving the brakes" you've pretty much provided all most people really need to know until they get it in their hands...

I understand that Tekin is ultimately in the market to make money and the programming is intellectual property and one of Tekin's big selling points, but to some of us the big secrecy thing etc is more annoying than interesting, if you know what I mean
Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

.....I know what you mean, but internet makes drama.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

tekin need come out with a intertface software to work with a MAC...
Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
tekin need come out with a intertface software to work with a MAC...

Apple needs to loosen up so that Tekin and others can.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
I understand that Tekin is ultimately in the market to make money and the programming is intellectual property and one of Tekin's big selling points, but to some of us the big secrecy thing etc is more annoying than interesting, if you know what I mean
Getting software a week earlier than everybody else is when the "team" gets to feel special. The attitude around the whole thing is rather pretentious, though.

I hope EA is right about the feel being improved, because it's sucked since day one. It'll be nice if the improvements carry over to the spec mode as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.