Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Hey guys just a quick question before I send in a friends Rs pro.

He ran it this weekend and it was flawless on Saturday.

His esc set up:
MI4 lp
17.5 on a large track 200x 120
Final 5.15
22 drag
10 band width
100 brake
motor FW
lipo 2
boost max
turbo 15
delay .2
ramp 1
rpm 5???? to 22000
Temps 135F to 155F

Now on Sunday it ran good in practice and then it went flat. It had no boost or turbo. I plugged it into my laptop and all set were still there. I installed v200 and then reinstalled v203. Put all the setting back to were they were and same thing. No turbo or Boost.

I run the same car and esc. I had no problems all weekend. I even put a new motor in his car and it still didn't have anything(turbo, boost).

I have checked everything at least 5 times. Has anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? You think it might be the cap? I didn't try a new one.
Did you re-calibrate the radio?

-Mike
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity sake, did he check his batteries? I was out their at that race saturday and it was hot. One of the cells in the battieries could of gone flat as well.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Hey guys just a quick question before I send in a friends Rs pro.

He ran it this weekend and it was flawless on Saturday.

His esc set up:
MI4 lp
17.5 on a large track 200x 120
Final 5.15
22 drag
10 band width
100 brake
motor FW
lipo 2
boost max
turbo 15
delay .2
ramp 1
rpm 5???? to 22000
Temps 135F to 155F

Now on Sunday it ran good in practice and then it went flat. It had no boost or turbo. I plugged it into my laptop and all set were still there. I installed v200 and then reinstalled v203. Put all the setting back to were they were and same thing. No turbo or Boost.

I run the same car and esc. I had no problems all weekend. I even put a new motor in his car and it still didn't have anything(turbo, boost).

I have checked everything at least 5 times. Has anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? You think it might be the cap? I didn't try a new one.
did you check your sensor wire?
also try to re-calibrate (using the calibrate @90%, then set @100% trick)
Old 06-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

If a motor comes off.....a little too hot (ok quite a bit!!) Is there a relationship between the amount of boost and motor temp??? I guess what I'm asking is....lets say you drop 10 degrees of boost.....does that equal....20 degrees motor temp....you get the idea???

Thanks,
R
Old 06-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjc168
but the team power motor just working fine for some other esc except tekin.
HI MJC,

Did you manage to solve the Team power on Tekin ESC problem? I've the same problem with yours. My Team Power motor working well on my Sphere TC but having some kind of sensor problem on my Tekin.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yazid_TA05-IFS
HI MJC,

Did you manage to solve the Team power on Tekin ESC problem? I've the same problem with yours. My Team Power motor working well on my Sphere TC but having some kind of sensor problem on my Tekin.
No, the problem still didn't resolve. I had try 4-5 units of Team Power motor, none of it work with Tekin ESC. No matter what motor timing you set, the esc can't read the motor sensor. I would suggest you to buy any other brand except team power motor.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjc168
No, the problem still didn't resolve. I had try 4-5 units of Team Power motor, none of it work with Tekin ESC. No matter what motor timing you set, the esc can't read the motor sensor. I would suggest you to buy any other brand except team power motor.
just wonder why it cannot match with this brand... any body from this thread having the same problem with this motor brand and know the solution?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R.I.P
If a motor comes off.....a little too hot (ok quite a bit!!) Is there a relationship between the amount of boost and motor temp??? I guess what I'm asking is....lets say you drop 10 degrees of boost.....does that equal....20 degrees motor temp....you get the idea???

Thanks,
R
Yes there is a relationship between the 2. Too much boost and the motor will run too hot.
I don't think the relationship is as simple as dropping x degrees of boost will result in y degrees of motor temperature drop.
There is also motor timing, turbo timing and FDR to factor in. All contribute to heat. Different motors/brands react differently as well.

To reduce motor heat you can go to a higher FDR, reduce timing boost, increase the end RPM so that boost is active over a wider range, reduce turbo boost, increase turbo delay, reduce motor timing etc. There are a lot of variables to play with.

The more timing you throw at the motor the higher your FDR needs to be because the motor will have less torque but will have a lot more RPM.

Try to stay under 60 degrees of total timing.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.I.P;

Thanks,
R
Best to post your setup so that ppl can give you the right
advice

You could be

over timed
over or under geared
or have your timing applied to soon trough delay or rpm range
Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarr
So with all this timing in the esc and motors is it still possible to undergear? I have been fighting what I call a "lag" problem with my car for a couple weeks and can't seem to figure it out. I don't my my exact setup with me right now, but just wanted to see if it's possible to way undergear and still have heat issues? Just off the top of my head:

Car: Tam 416
FDR: 7.41 Try a 5.75-6.25
boost: 43 50
turbo: 10
start rpm: 29xx 5,XXX
end: 10,500 15,XXX
Ramp: 2
Motor: Ballistic 17.5
Track is large and flowing 180' x 72' I think it is.
With these settings I came off at 203*

You can definitely under-gear (and it will increase your temps). For a larger flowing track I would say you need to be in the low 6's, maybe even high 5's for FDR with a Novak 17.5. Try my changes above along with lowering your FDR.

You didn't mention what your turbo delay and motor timing are. These can be important parts of the equation. In addition to the above, you should experiment with a Ramp of 3, turbo delay between .1 and .3, and running 0-10* of motor timing.

High Velocity | Trinity | Epic | P3 Graphics | www.villageraceway.com

Well, I was finally able to get out and test with the above settings that T.J. suggested. The car seemed much better, though the track was cold and slick the car felt much better. When I would launch my car from the "burnout box" it was much improved from before. The car was just as quick as a friend of mine that was out there also running a tekin. The only thing that concerns me is that i was comming of the track at 145-129 and he was 109 the whole time. I think it may have been due to wheel spin though, but not totally sure. I should know more on sat when the traction is up. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by JCarr; 06-30-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yazid_TA05-IFS
just wonder why it cannot match with this brand... any body from this thread having the same problem with this motor brand and know the solution?
Dunno but i have ordered one from my mate in the UK and i hope it works

i cannot understand why it wouldnt work
Old 06-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Dunno but i have ordered one from my mate in the UK and i hope it works

i cannot understand why it wouldnt work
you bought TEam power motor too? pls let me know if it is work on your ESC...
Old 06-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
Well, I was finally able to get out and test with the above settings that T.J. suggested. The car seemed much better, though the track was cold and slick the car felt much better. When I would launch my car from the "burnout box" it was much improved from before. The car was just as quick as a friend of mine that was out there also running a tekin. The only thing that concerns me is that i was comming of the track at 145-129 and he was 109 the whole time. I think it may have been due to wheel spin though, but not totally sure. I should know more on sat when the traction is up. Thanks for the help guys.
Glad it helped!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default F1 Setup Help

Hey guys,

I'm planning on running my Tekin Speedy in my Corally F1, can someone help with setup for a medium sized track with low to medium grip tarmac surface. The main thing I'm looking for is smoothness, i've been using the Tekin in tourers with a few setups that ppl have posted before and most you can see/feel the transition when the turbo kicks. What base setup should I start with so that the power comes on as smooth as possible throughout the rev range. The reason why I want smoothness is that any sudden boost in power will throw the rear end out especially through sweepers and long turns.

Setup:
Speedy: Tekin RS
Motor: Tekin 17.5 (0 Timing)
Car: Corally F1
Battery: IP 5000 50C

Timing boost:
Turbo:
Ramp:
Delay:
Start:
End:
FDR:

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:34 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardmankam
did you check your sensor wire?
also try to re-calibrate (using the calibrate @90%, then set @100% trick)
I'm new to this ESC....can someone explain a little more in depth about this trick. Is it legit and should I be running it? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.