Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I need a clarification before i hit the track tomorrow. Im not gonna have practice time to try this to know...

If i set my start RPM at 5k, and turn off the delay, then turbo doesnt start until 5k... right? It follows start RPM regardless of wide open throttle?

Meaning, if my use RPM is above 5k (lets say 7500RPM) and i lift the throttle slightly but dont drop below 5k RPM (start RPM), then i am still in boost when i get back into the throttle?

I wanna solve this delay issue when i lift the throttle to check up going through traffic. Losing boost can cost me almost 2 seconds a lap on our current layout.

Also, is there anyway currently available to datalog a run? I could really tweak this thing if i had stored run info to compare too...
Old 06-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DaveW
I need a clarification before i hit the track tomorrow. Im not gonna have practice time to try this to know...

If i set my start RPM at 5k, and turn off the delay, then turbo doesnt start until 5k... right? It follows start RPM regardless of wide open throttle?

Meaning, if my use RPM is above 5k (lets say 7500RPM) and i lift the throttle slightly but dont drop below 5k RPM (start RPM), then i am still in boost when i get back into the throttle?

I wanna solve this delay issue when i lift the throttle to check up going through traffic. Losing boost can cost me almost 2 seconds a lap on our current layout.

Also, is there anyway currently available to datalog a run? I could really tweak this thing if i had stored run info to compare too...
You're confusing boost and turbo I think.

Boost is a function of RPM

Turbo is a function of time after full throttle is reached and is independent of boost for when it activates.

Timing on the motor can itself is a constant factor.

Boost is started at a specific start RPM and ramps up linearly to full boost by the end RPM. Lift the throttle anywhere within the boost range and when you get back on the throttle the boost timing will be applied instantly dependent on what RPM the motor is doing at that point once it is within the start and end RPMs. If the motor is under the start RPM no boost timing will be applied. If the motor is over the end RPM maximum boost timing will be applied instantly.

Turbo starts after a set time after full throttle is reached. The turbo ramp rate controls how fast the turbo timing is applied.

Check previous posts by Randy Pike/20Smoke or Team Tekin's forums for a more detailed explanation of boost and turbo.

I hate having to lift when I'm on turbo because I have quite a large delay (0.8-1.2 depending on the track). If you lift briefly you can get back on Turbo almost instantly but lift too long and you're back to waiting on your turbo delay time to get back on Turbo.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

I had read back in the thread, i guess not far enough.

Your explanation makes perfect sense, and shows me i need to change my setup so i dont rely on turbo so much... or quite the opposite. Maybe i need to use turbo throughout the throttle band on a low ramp with no delay and modify the timing parameters. Lifting in traffic kills me, and i know those precious tenths can add up to a substantial lead over the end of a run.

Since i run LRP motors, i have been conservative with timing/turbo boost... maybe i need to push the envelope a bit more. Thanx!!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

I installed my fresh from Tekin RS, and made some adjustments based on the previous posts. My car was a rocket, and i had NO problems.

I got rid of the delay and tweaked boost, turbo, ramp, and my start/end RPM's. It was hot today (over 90 degrees) and i pushed my LRP x12 well into the 200 degree mark and it ran STRONG, with no fade and TONS of rip. I ran NO fans today, and the RS never got over two LEDs for temp.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default LED Error 1&2, 6&7

Team Tekin,
Just came back from the track today & my ESC started to have some problems during my Mains. The 1&2 & 6&7 LED is flashing. I have steering, but no roation on the motor. Tried all the suggested work around & no joy. Where do i send this ESC in? Is this going to be covered in my warranty. I bought this ESC recently. Is there any out of pocket expense to have this repaired? Please advise.
Thx,
John
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

I installed my fresh from Tekin RS, and made some adjustments based on the previous posts. My car was a rocket, and i had NO problems.

I got rid of the delay and tweaked boost, turbo, ramp, and my start/end RPM's. It was hot today (over 90 degrees) and i pushed my LRP x12 well into the 200 degree mark and it ran STRONG, with no fade and TONS of rip. I ran NO fans today, and the RS never got over two LEDs for temp.
HI DaveW

could you post you setup here, curently running a SP but would like to try my X12

Steven
Old 06-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by StevenOlsen
HI DaveW

could you post you setup here, curently running a SP but would like to try my X12

Steven
Steven, I thought you were running the LRP SXX SS?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Team Tekin,
Just came back from the track today & my ESC started to have some problems during my Mains. The 1&2 & 6&7 LED is flashing. I have steering, but no roation on the motor. Tried all the suggested work around & no joy. Where do i send this ESC in? Is this going to be covered in my warranty. I bought this ESC recently. Is there any out of pocket expense to have this repaired? Please advise.
Thx,
John
Hi John
1,2 & 6,7 is wrong Motor type selected, I have not had this happen but I did reset a mates esc that had changed for no reason, check the setting for motor type.

Regards
Gary
Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what set-up did u run
Old 06-20-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Would like to see the setup also . Quick question. How does the Tekin stack up against the new speed passion/ hobby wing ESC's?
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast XXXS
Would like to see the setup also . Quick question. How does the Tekin stack up against the new speed passion/ hobby wing ESC's?
re phrase your ? how does SP/HW stack up to a Tekin
Old 06-20-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Lord

Team Tekin,
Thx,
John
hook up the HW and re flash and re calibrate,if it doesn't fix then it may have to go back,also make sure connections are good and nothing crossing over
Old 06-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Guys.... setup here for TC10.5 Rubber Carpet. Basketball court sized track.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PRECC 2010-06-20 WinterChamps.pdf (484.1 KB, 133 views)
Old 06-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Team Tekin,
Thx,
John
Like others have said, it indicates wrong motor is selected. If you have any solder crossing between two poles, it will give you the same fault. It could be a very small sliver, but it will be enough to jack you up. Check the solder on the motor as well. Either place will cause this fault.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:21 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Guys.... setup here for TC10.5 Rubber Carpet. Basketball court sized track.
Here's another one for the same track.. i beat him hehe

-Mark

ps. lol zack.. boosto! haha
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.