Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins

And where were you? Looks like I should be handing out four feathers.

Skiddins
Inside in the warm (eventually) lol. You and Spence don't need me as a bench mark

Malc
Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Work in progress

Here's two setups I tried today and some comments.

Track size 16x25m, carpet, medium-low traction.

If I don't use brakes, the speedy comes off at about 80 degC after 5min race. Using the brakes temps go up to 90-95 depending on how much I use them. Race is run counterclockwise, start line halfway down the main straight. The point where I like/need to use the brakes is at the chicane (corner 4). I can do without for the rest.

Second setup was way faster in the infield and acceleration was probably best in class (for the time being at least). Once out of the slalom section I can floor it and nobody can catch up.

I will report further changes and how they go.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-rspro-setup.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The new "layout" is coming...
Obviously you are doing a fantastic job, if the best things people can find to suggest have nothing to do with improving track performance, Great Job

coming in weeks, months, years?
mac or iphone/andriod version ever?
any chance of future firmware being able to store max rpm hit?

secretly I am hoping hoping that the delay in getting the new interface has been caused by another firmware as earth shattering as v203

-b
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
Here's two setups I tried today and some comments.

Track size 16x25m, carpet, medium-low traction.

If I don't use brakes, the speedy comes off at about 80 degC after 5min race. Using the brakes temps go up to 90-95 depending on how much I use them. Race is run counterclockwise, start line halfway down the main straight. The point where I like/need to use the brakes is at the chicane (corner 4). I can do without for the rest.

Second setup was way faster in the infield and acceleration was probably best in class (for the time being at least). Once out of the slalom section I can floor it and nobody can catch up.

I will report further changes and how they go.
What about gearing even lower, disabling the turbo and changing the profile down to 3 or 2.

I must confess I don't like having anything that hot in my car. If my motor goes above 60deg C I start to wonder what minor problem could result it suddenly going too high.

Skiddins
Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

What about gearing even lower, disabling the turbo and changing the profile down to 3 or 2.

I must confess I don't like having anything that hot in my car. If my motor goes above 60deg C I start to wonder what minor problem could result it suddenly going too high.

Skiddins
With the V200 was the 80C normal but bow I hear a lot of drivers have lower temps with the V3.0 motor.

I would also gear lighter and set the Turbo on 0. As you than come top speed to short ad some Boost.
It can handle it good with a lighter gearing.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a question regarding the wires going from the ESC to the motor.

Is it important that all 3 wires are of the same length? Or does it not matter?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Con
Tech Adept

It dosn't matter
Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

where are all the mod setups?

Speedworld
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default 203 bug

ive noticed the rpm ranges dont save sometimes......

and yes I'm doing it correctly, type in rpm, calculate, select start rpm, apply settings, exit properly.

when it doesnt save the current rpm settings, it defaults at 3/4k rpm, a 1000rpm range lol
Old 03-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dameetz and me decide to fine tune the rspro suiting our upcoming race track. We are wondering despite drag brake off, it slowed down too quickly on throttle release just like an initial brake force was on very high. Dameetz tried the push control on max and the initial brake feeling felt much better like it was off. May i know the purpose of push control pls? Dameetz on SP11.5T V3 ran fdr of 8.2, 9. Power felt great and the torque was good Problem is after 2.5min to 3min, the pwer seems to turn soft. Temp was good running 3 different fdrs: 48degC,54degC and 62degC. Dameetz is looking for a temp on atleast 70degC as this meant the power of the motor is in full potential that way.

As for my setting am on Orion vector 11.5T. with FDR of 7.7 and 9. suprisingly both fdrs feels great but we hope to get something better again. Dameetz and me going different fdrs today, hes on the lower while im goin on higher fdr later . on fdr 7.7 i only manage 58degC while on 9.0fdr i only manage 2min 30sec as my tire lost its grip on the chicane and i damage my solid axle end of my session for that time since i didnt bring spareparts at that time.

Any comments or reccomendations?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Skiddins
Originally Posted by mikky32
With the V200 was the 80C normal but bow I hear a lot of drivers have lower temps with the V3.0 motor.

I would also gear lighter and set the Turbo on 0. As you than come top speed to short ad some Boost.
It can handle it good with a lighter gearing.
Yes, it seems a bit hot but 80 deg is OK and with just a short stab on the brakes at the point explained above, I can keep it close to 80.

That's where I come from setupwise (lighter gearing, no turbo, profile 3). It didn't have enough final speed, sluggish acceleration, temps were at 80 deg. With v200 my motor was actually closer to 65degC, but that was a Tekin motor (same track).

At the moment I suspect two detrimental things happening. I think the boost comes in too early in the slalom section, so I will try raising the start RPM a tad. The second is boost/turbo overlap after the infield so I will increase the turbo delay.

This is what I am talking about when I argue we need some dyno info on motors.

Soon I will receive my data logger and start working with that.

Last edited by niznai; 03-10-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
ive noticed the rpm ranges dont save sometimes......

and yes I'm doing it correctly, type in rpm, calculate, select start rpm, apply settings, exit properly.

when it doesnt save the current rpm settings, it defaults at 3/4k rpm, a 1000rpm range lol
I too have seen this happen while trying to change the RPM range for the timing boost function. I think the problem could be tied to the method used to change the end RPM value; if you wanted to change the end RPM figure from 8500 to 8800, make sure that you delete the entire number (8500) before entering a final RPM value of 8800. If you use your cursor controls to navigate to the "5" in 8500, delete the "5" and add an "8", I think you'll see the behavior you've mentioned. I've noticed that this problem happens occasionally when changing a portion of the end RPM value, but it seems that clearing the entire end RPM value before recalculating the start RPM values will prevent the problem from occurring.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great ESC!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm having an issue with the new RS in my 12th scale that has me pulling my hair out. I'm running a Novak SS 10.5 with a Speedzone 1s 5000mah 50c lipo, and I CANNOT get the speed controller to stop cogging from a standing start. It just chirps like a guinea pig and jerks forwards or backwards, depending on which mood it's in (read- totally useless). When I look at the sensor test on the speed controller, I get nothing. When I tried a 13.5 duo, it works fine. When I tried 4 other Novak motors, they didn't work either. Here's the kicker- if I use a 4-cell nimh or 2s lipo, everything works fine with the Novak motors (including the sensor test). I've tried a capacitor in the receiver, a seperate receiver pack, and also unplugging the servo (Futaba 9650).. nothing helps when I'm using the 1s lipo.

I've also played with timing and tried every version of the software from 183 up to 203. NOTHING is making a difference. If I have to buy all new motors just to run this thing, I'm going to send it back and just throw my 4cell GTB back into the car. Is there some known issue with this ESC not being able to detect the sensors in Novak motors when running 1s lipo??
Old 03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
Dameetz and me decide to fine tune the rspro suiting our upcoming race track. We are wondering despite drag brake off, it slowed down too quickly on throttle release just like an initial brake force was on very high. Dameetz tried the push control on max and the initial brake feeling felt much better like it was off. May i know the purpose of push control pls? Dameetz on SP11.5T V3 ran fdr of 8.2, 9. Power felt great and the torque was good Problem is after 2.5min to 3min, the pwer seems to turn soft. Temp was good running 3 different fdrs: 48degC,54degC and 62degC. Dameetz is looking for a temp on atleast 70degC as this meant the power of the motor is in full potential that way.

As for my setting am on Orion vector 11.5T. with FDR of 7.7 and 9. suprisingly both fdrs feels great but we hope to get something better again. Dameetz and me going different fdrs today, hes on the lower while im goin on higher fdr later . on fdr 7.7 i only manage 58degC while on 9.0fdr i only manage 2min 30sec as my tire lost its grip on the chicane and i damage my solid axle end of my session for that time since i didnt bring spareparts at that time.

Any comments or reccomendations?
I never run a 11.5t motor which higher than 7 FDR. I am running 7 FDR for Orca motor and 6.5 FDR for speedpassion motor with difference boost and end rpm. usually i will put 18000-22000 end rpm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.