Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Brake question.....................

I am running my brake and throttle epa at 100 on my M11. I am running full brake strength on the RS at 100. My brake epa on my M11 goes up to 160. Will i get more brakes turning my epa past 100 even though my brake strength is already maxed on the esc?

I am coming from a Sphere TC which had instant ,vice-clamp style braking which i liked. The braking on my RS feels a bit progressive right now.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I am running my brake and throttle epa at 100 on my M11. I am running full brake strength on the RS at 100. My brake epa on my M11 goes up to 160. Will i get more brakes turning my epa past 100 even though my brake strength is already maxed on the esc?
No, not unless there is some creep causing you to not get full brake. You can try bumping it up to 110 just to be sure but nothing over that is going to help.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've found that when the brakes are flat the car's almost always overgeared. To big of a gear makes the brakes come on weak and fade during the run. I've also been fooled by the tires locking up under hard braking. Feels like the car doesn't have much brake but it's actually got too much.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

I had a race today.
It didn't went well for my car but the Tekin has proven to be incredible fast.

I started with some practice laps and I was following a 5,5T lipo on the straight if I was also driving a 5,5T.
Just incredible.
Than came the nr 1 of the stock class and he had a SXX ss.
He was telling me how he followed the mod drivers and when I told hem that I did the same we drove against each other.
I had a great acceleration and a great top speed. My car accelerated in one line.
It was just incredible.
He was complaining about that he came to short in the infield compared to the SPX but when he saw my car he was impressed.
The car was way to fast for me.
I started with this setup.
Boost 55
Turbo 10
Turbo ramp 3
Turbo delay 0
Start RPM 5600
End RPM 22500
Throttle 5
Brake 90%
Motor LRP X11 10,5T

Later I changed the setup because I was more off the track than on the track.
I changed the Turbo ramp to 2 and the boost to 45.
Top speed was almost the same but the car was easier to drive. It was smoother in the infield.
Later I changed to 50 Boost and Start RPM 5100 and end RPM 17000.
The car was a bit more aggressive but still very good to drive.
I qualified the 3th qualification first in the B.
This was because of problems with my car.
I broke several car parts and later I had to use Xray parts and didn't had any down stops in the last final.
In the first final I made a mistake and I was last but I drove to the first place if the others were standing still. I was leading the race and I ht the inside of the wall. After that my car was a wreak and I didn't finish the race.
The second run I was leading the race and after 1 lap my car broke down.
It couldn't handle the Tekin power i think.
The last race I was using spare parts of an Xray because I was running out of TOP parts.
I finished the last final with losing 3 laps because of a loose shock.
The mounted back and even with no downs stops I was one of the fastest. I had problems with keeping my car on the track but every body came to me and my club member that our cars were incredible fast.

The SXX ss wasn't the big thing today.
He was having problems with driving a way. His speedo made a noise if it couldn't find a sensor.
Even he was more impressed of the Tekin than the SXX ss.

With the first setup the motor became above the 180F and with the second it was lower but with the last it was again a bit higher but every body is driving there with there LRP X11 against the 200F
The motor runs than better.
One driver stops straight away after he is finished because he is running on the edge of what the motor can handle.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default 1s Lipo in 1/12th or WGT

I am debating the following two methods of Appling timing advance in a 1s 1/12th scale or WGT class.

Motor 13.5

Option 1 - Apply timing throughout the entire rpm range (800 - 8000) I understand this should give me a smooth feel and apply the timing over a longer period of time.

Option 2 - Gear motor with physical timing to pull hard in infield and set timing to be applied after motor runs out of power on its own say (5000 - 8000) understanding that it is going to apply the timing much quicker.

This would be for a small to medium carpet track with some slower sections. I fully understand that you would use different gearings for these two different options as well.

Just looking for thoughts on these two different methods of applying timing advance.

Pros... Cons... of each method.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
No, not unless there is some creep causing you to not get full brake. You can try bumping it up to 110 just to be sure but nothing over that is going to help.
Hi I have the same issue with braking when the brakes are applyed they seem to creep a little.but as the race go's on the brakes fade alot I had this problem with 3 other tekins then change to lrp brakes where good.I have now changed back thinkIng that because lower fdr are run now that braking would be better but it's not.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I am debating the following two methods of Appling timing advance in a 1s 1/12th scale or WGT class.

Motor 13.5

Option 1 - Apply timing throughout the entire rpm range (800 - 8000) I understand this should give me a smooth feel and apply the timing over a longer period of time.

Option 2 - Gear motor with physical timing to pull hard in infield and set timing to be applied after motor runs out of power on its own say (5000 - 8000) understanding that it is going to apply the timing much quicker.

This would be for a small to medium carpet track with some slower sections. I fully understand that you would use different gearings for these two different options as well.

Just looking for thoughts on these two different methods of applying timing advance.

Pros... Cons... of each method.

Thanks
I think that the 800 - 8000 has a to low start RPM.
I would go for 1500 as a start RPM.
You can also play with the end RPM to make it smoother or more aggressive.

I drove with 0 on the Turbo delay and a high Start RPM.
I played with the Turbo ramp and the car reacted very good on the changing of the Turbo ramp.
When I lowered it, the car became smoother.
I played with the Boost and the Turbo ramp to make the feel right.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I don't know but I have a lot more brakes than I need on my car. Maybe I could give you some of mine.

What are your speed control setups, which motor, radio settings? Perhaps we can make some suggestions that might help you. Also, how big is your track you are running on? It is worth a shot.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
I don't know but I have a lot more brakes than I need on my car. Maybe I could give you some of mine.

What are your speed control setups, which motor, radio settings? Perhaps we can make some suggestions that might help you. Also, how big is your track you are running on? It is worth a shot.
With the tekin I just had first run or so I was like it had massive brakes then made changes to the speedy then recalibrated after each setup change and it was like I was running a large fdr as there was alot of creep to the brakes.
Every thing is set correct with speedy and control I'm running a 4pk.so let's have ago a helping me out as this is my 4th tekin and if can't short it out it will be my last since with a low fdr as I'm running now if I can't get brakes I will never with the tekin unless a new speedy is put across by tekin.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow! Fellow racer fron S.A. installed 203v. to my RSpro and its crazy fast. Great straitaway speed. I have a pro4 and I love it. Won the A-main ATX Hobbytown
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
With the tekin I just had first run or so I was like it had massive brakes then made changes to the speedy then recalibrated after each setup change and it was like I was running a large fdr as there was alot of creep to the brakes.
Every thing is set correct with speedy and control I'm running a 4pk.so let's have ago a helping me out as this is my 4th tekin and if can't short it out it will be my last since with a low fdr as I'm running now if I can't get brakes I will never with the tekin unless a new speedy is put across by tekin.
Clinton,

try the change that I suggested last night.

It is strange as you seem to be the only one with brake issues with the new software. Everyone else has too much brake and has turned them down
Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone has put the RSpro in Tamiya Mini?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig

Im not an electric guru, so bare with me. My fdr has been 6.2 and with my new spur gear coming I plan to try around 7. I run foam tire. My motor is a 13.5 Duo. The track is not really small, but the straight is only about 60 feet from inside pipe to inside pipe. The building is square in shape though, so its a decent size track. Lap times are usually around 13-14 second range. My car is a Type R.

Going from memory on the RS set up-
-my brakes were full at 100
-rpm range was like 2500-7000
-profile was 4
-neutral band was 0
and crap, i cant remember other stuff, friends were helping me set it up

Id just like more brakes as a preference. I dont notice a fade per say, but it seems like when i push the trigger, they are light initially, then grab. I have been missing the apex of braking turns a lot now. I realize it is night and day quicker than the Sphere though, but still, doesnt feel like im connected to it.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skyshen
Don't dot it with a low turn motor. You will wrack the car
Old 02-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skyshen
Thats like putting a 400 hp motor in a prius.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.