Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Team Tekin

Should not take any special dancing. It is not that complicated and has not been a problem in previous versions. Honestly we do not see any loss of settings here, but we are listening and looking at it. I have changed the boost rpm range at least 50 times today on my desk and hundreds of times during testing and we have never seen it.... but we believe everyone and we are looking.

If we can recreate it, we can find it and fix it.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (89%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
This is the procedure we all follow but sometimes the settings don't take effect. (your steps don't include checking your settings so you may not know that it works for you). It seemed like if I made a change to anything besides the RPM ranges after changing the RPM range then the settings for the RPM don't take place.

It doesn't help that the program doesn't follow proper UI standards.
My system after doing the update and setting it up. does not show v203 only 200, 198 and some other one that i dont recall right now. Well i used the 200 and all my settings were accepted on the esc. I went to calibrate radio and after calibration it just has the red lights blinking.. i guess its supposed to find neutral again and its not... any suggestions. it was working fine....with the previous version? also is it supposed to show 203 or just the 200??? thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Team Tekin

You have the vista secret file issue. There is a step by step on the Hotwire webpage to take care of it.

Fortunately from this version on this will not be a problem. We solved the vista riddle and all updates from here should be auto.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I've got an email conversation going on with my buddies and need some clarification on Turbo Boost. Is the Turbo Boost timing activated after Turbo Delay once the trigger hits full throttle ..... OR ..... is the Turbo Boost timing activated after the Turbo Delay once End RPM has been achieved? The latter seems to make more sense and bench testing confirms that, but I read other postings that say the first is accurate.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
OK, just want to prevent doing something foolish here. So it's possible to set a 0.0 Turbo Delay with Turbo Timing at max, stab it off the line and Turbo Timing will be coming in before or at the same time as the Boost Timing. This could be a real scenario either at the start or out of any 180 style corner. This sounds like a very inefficient idea, so I wont do it. I guess it surprises me that Turbo Delay is between .0-1.0 and not higher. I don't think that any car can reach it's near top speed in less then a second. With that in mind, some overlap must be required for all this to work correctly. I see several guys using a .5 delay. Any track less then 80' straight shouldn't need Turbo anyway according to posts. OK!
Brian, I hope this will clarify it for your buddies.

Turbo Boost is independent of anything else you set on the speedo. Turbo Boost is activated as soon as the speedo detects full throttle throw, or 'wide open throttle' (WOT) as Randy calls it! So, if you set Turbo Boost at 10, with a delay of 0.5, then the speedo will give the motor 10 degress of timing after WOT has been held for 0.5 secs.

The problem is that if you pile too much timing into the motor at low revs, it cannot gain speed, and converts all the energy from the cells it can't use into heat - hence the temps go up.

Get your infield speed and acceleration right first, so the car is picking up well off the turn. Balance gear ratio and Timing Boost to do this. Once that is done, you can add in Turbo Boost to get more straightaway speed.

It's really very simple, but sometimes explanations are liable to make it seem complicated! I hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Team Tekin

Scratch that, I just saw it on my desk. When we do not like what we are reading we fall back to defaults. We are on it.

We needed a 4.1 Hotwire to clean up some other things anyway including the netbook interface.

You know we are working on 204 and listening to feedback right now as well
Old 01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Brian, I hope this will clarify it for your buddies.

Turbo Boost is independent of anything else you set on the speedo. Turbo Boost is activated as soon as the speedo detects full throttle throw, or 'wide open throttle' (WOT) as Randy calls it! So, if you set Turbo Boost at 10, with a delay of 0.5, then the speedo will give the motor 10 degress of timing after WOT has been held for 0.5 secs.

The problem is that if you pile too much timing into the motor at low revs, it cannot gain speed, and converts all the energy from the cells it can't use into heat - hence the temps go up.

Get your infield speed and acceleration right first, so the car is picking up well off the turn. Balance gear ratio and Timing Boost to do this. Once that is done, you can add in Turbo Boost to get more straightaway speed.

It's really very simple, but sometimes explanations are liable to make it seem complicated! I hope this helps.
Very well said. Makes it perfectly clear. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We needed a 4.1 Hotwire to clean up some other things anyway including the netbook interface.
ooooo a netbook interface, I can't wait

For what its worth, the interface in the 4.0 hotwire worked better on the acer netbook i've been using
Old 01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the clarifications. I too have had my laptop appear to have the default settings show back up after a run. I thought it was the laptop struggling. Just a simple verification of the settings is all I need for the time being.

Brian
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Could some one clarify the behavior of reverse when using the BL-DL motor setting? It seems that sometimes my car goes into reverse quickly, other times I have to wait much longer. I have a NW of 20, so I don't think it's an issue with finding neutral. I wish there was an option to double pump to go into reverse the like orange speedos.....
Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Scratch that, I just saw it on my desk. When we do not like what we are reading we fall back to defaults. We are on it.

If 204 involves a flux capacitor, who is going to pay for the burnt up rug.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by CCristo
Could some one clarify the behavior of reverse when using the BL-DL motor setting? It seems that sometimes my car goes into reverse quickly, other times I have to wait much longer. I have a NW of 20, so I don't think it's an issue with finding neutral. I wish there was an option to double pump to go into reverse the like orange speedos.....
My understanding has been the speed control is looking for the trigger to be at "neutral" for X amount of time before reverse is engaged. Repeated quick stabs won't engage reverse.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
i want to know what battery will give 1.21 Gigawatts of power what a lightning pack from smc
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
but that's only if you're hitting 88 mph
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Awesome, thank you. I thought I was the only one with interface issues. Can't wait for the "plain" netbook interface!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
i want to know what battery will give 1.21 Gigawatts
Give Max Amps or ThunderPower a shot, they will have a battery like that on the market soon at the rate they are going!!!! Could you imagine that as a C rating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.