Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

the thing i notice is every once in a while my end/start rpm is set back to factory.when i was at the track it was working fine,was making changes and no problems,when i got home i wanted to write down my settings and it was back to the factory settings on end/start only everything else stayed
Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Sorry Randy I will have to disagree with you. I do exactly what you said and it does not always take the settings. I get the pop up window that the changes were made. Just because it shows on the hotwire as it did change. Select current settings after and it is not always changed. I have had this a number of times to me. I showed a racer at my track what happens with mine. He then tried it and his did the same thing. We were using different computers and hotwires.

I know this is your baby, but when multiple people say there is a problem they may be correct. Try it yourself and do some research. Do not assume we do not know what we are doing.

I am just saying the changes do not always take on the RPM settings.
Does this to me also. Just always cHeck current settings. Thing is a rocket and made all the lrp guys sad this weekend. I couldn't be happier. Now I just need another for my wgt car for the state series..
Old 01-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

that is why my setup on the tekin site is with the default start and end rpms. lol

I actually have not had this problem, but I can tell you that the default button is too close to the current button. there have been several time I click the wrong one and get the default setting. I then have to click on current setting to get back to where I was. but really all this is without hitting the apply button. so it really did nothing to me, but reset the view i was looking at
Old 01-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Donny and congrats on another Modified Championship.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

After reading Randy's post I think I see where I've been going wrong.

I changed the end RPMs to 13000 after upgrading to v203 but left the lower at the default 3500 without hitting Calc RPMs. Hit apply to make the changes but then never checked current settings after applying before closing Hotwire.

Just messed around with some settings changing the end RPM without hitting calc RPMs and each time the end RPM setting failed to stay when I applied it.

Tried it as per Randy's suggestion of hitting Calc RPMs each time after changing the end RPMs and then selecting the start RPM and each time it has applied the settings correctly.

Thanks for the quick response Randy.

Edit: I kept playing with the RPM settings some more and increasing the end RPMs and hitting recalc each time worked ok but going back down to a lower end RPM of 13000 and 2900 start resulted in the default timing settings being applied sometimes. Lowering from 13000 to something lower worked ok.

I guess I'll just have to keep checking the current settings after each change to be safe. Maybe there's a glitch around 13,000 end RPM somehow?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
that is why my setup on the tekin site is with the default start and end rpms. lol

I actually have not had this problem, but I can tell you that the default button is too close to the current button. there have been several time I click the wrong one and get the default setting. I then have to click on current setting to get back to where I was. but really all this is without hitting the apply button. so it really did nothing to me, but reset the view i was looking at
that could be one of em but I know that's not my case, coz like others mentioned everything else stayed as my setting "except" a Start, End RPM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Both my own, and someone else's ESC (on two different computers) seemed to "lose" its RPM settings, and default to some tiny range, like 3000-4500. I find myself closing the app after I update the settings now, and then opening it again to make sure they're applied as I specified.

Is this a known issue or a bug?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Both my own, and someone else's ESC (on two different computers) seemed to "lose" its RPM settings, and default to some tiny range, like 3000-4500. I find myself closing the app after I update the settings now, and then opening it again to make sure they're applied as I specified.

Is this a known issue or a bug?
I had/have the same issue...

I do the same things. I meant to take a video of it but I haven't had a chance.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I read on another forum that it was a common bug that they were working on a fix for. For now just save the settings and then check to make sure they took. If they didnt just do it again and it should keep them.

EA
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Thanks for the info Donny and congrats on another Modified Championship.
Thanks man

Also, to add on the minor bug with the settings not sticking, when you apply settings, and then close out the program and reopen the program to check to see if the settings stuck, it will usually show you that the settings stuck.

However, from what I've seen. If you close out the program, unplug the esc, then plug the esc back in and then reopen program, it will show you that the settings did not stick (when the problem arises naturally). I just confused myself with these two paragraphs so I hope you can understand what Im saying lol.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have the problem as well with the changes sometimes not taking effect. I also have a problem with the sliders sometimes not working and the advanced window sometimes taking a long time to appear. It all works eventually but it does get a little annoying.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For what it's worth, it hasn't happened since I started plugging the USB adapter in before each use of Hotwire. Even when I open the program again to check the settings, I do the plug/unplug shuffle. I've had the same struggles with the interface as orbital mentioned, too. I'm looking forward to trying the netbook GUI, hopefully it's plain with standard widgets.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:43 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Guys, stop murmuring. Can someone write down what procedure should be avoided? It helps. It does not help if an other 20 people writes here it does not work.
It has always worked for me and I followed the following procedure each time:
1. unplug esc from receiver
2. plug hotwire to computer
3. plug esc to hotwire
4. start the software
5. make settings
6. apply settings
7. close software
8. unplug esc from hotwire
9. unplug hotwire from computer
10. plug esc to receiver
Its easy.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oze
Guys, stop murmuring. Can someone write down what procedure should be avoided? It helps. It does not help if an other 20 people writes here it does not work.
3. plug esc to hotwire
4. start the software
5. make settings
6. apply settings
7. close software
10. plug esc to receiver
Its easy.
You forgot - 11. recalibrate the radio to the esc

Also, Mark Brown has suggested conecting the Hotwire to the ESC before connecting the USB cable to the Hotwire.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oze
3. plug esc to hotwire
4. start the software
5. make settings
6. apply settings
7. close software
10. plug esc to receiver
Its easy.
This is the procedure we all follow but sometimes the settings don't take effect. (your steps don't include checking your settings so you may not know that it works for you). It seemed like if I made a change to anything besides the RPM ranges after changing the RPM range then the settings for the RPM don't take place.

It doesn't help that the program doesn't follow proper UI standards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.