Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just recently purchased a tekin system. I hooked it up to my motor Novak ballisitc 13.5 and calibrated the throttle, setup the esc with the new 203 software. here are my setting. Drag 35, throttle profile 4, boost 50, turbo 10, rpm range 4500- 10000. delay .1 and ramp is set at 2. All the motor and esc wires including the sensor wires are connected correctly and are not touching. When I go to run the car it coggs and and stalls at the start. The esc does not get hot and the motor does not get hot when this happens. I have reclaibrated, resetup the esc, and went over the installation guide. How can i identify whether this is the motor, esc, or user error? Both esc and motor are new. Please help. Thanks

this is the 2nd sensor wire I have tried...same problem. My fdr is 8. I will try turning down the advance on the motor, although i havent put any advance on the motor. It still how is came from factory.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
This eLogger V3 system is wired in series between the battery and the ESC, which is nice because it doesn't tax an already overloaded BEC. However, it needs more than 5.5v at all times, so it would need to be run off the receiver battery pack in a 1c 1/12 car. Not a big deal, but we'd need to find out how many mAh it pulls. FYI, this 150A unit with three sensors and two extra Dean's plugs weighs 42g. The 100A unit with the Dean's plugs weighs a bit less!

It was very interesting to set my Turbo Delay based on the RPM graph! Using the time scale on the lower axis, I simply looked at the point on the RPM line where it began to relax or lose slope. The corresponding time was 0.5sec. I then looked at the longest sections of the infield throttle trace for areas that were as long or longer than 0.5sec. There was just one place, and it was exactly 0.5sec, so I set the Turbo Delay to 0.5sec and my motor temps went down by about 40deg! I have a temp sensor on the motor which also logs data, so I can see the temps rise throughout the race. Later in the night I made a drastic change to timing settings and melted an orange motor, but it was interesting to see the temperature rise on the graph. It rose to 150'F by the two minute mark, but didn't budge until the 5 minute mark. During the last minute of that race, the motor temp rose another 40'F, up to 200'F! Moral of the story, even raw data can't stop us from making poor timing decisions. But I did learn alot from it.
i just ordered a elogger v3 with an RPM sensor and a temp sensor, i can't believe it wasn't more expensive.. i hope to find some usefull data for setups i've also ordered a 13.5T duo2 and a 17.5T duo2 motors, i have a tekin 21.5T and a lrp X12 21.5T.. i will try to make some trial runs with them all by the end of the month with the elogger .. i run a xray t3 rubber and 2s lipo. track is small/medium carpet,. 300 square meters.
I hope i can get some usefull data that might be helpfull to someone here.
even though my driving is unique like everyone else.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
This eLogger V3 system is wired in series between the battery and the ESC, which is nice because it doesn't tax an already overloaded BEC. However, it needs more than 5.5v at all times, so it would need to be run off the receiver battery pack in a 1c 1/12 car. Not a big deal, but we'd need to find out how many mAh it pulls. FYI, this 150A unit with three sensors and two extra Dean's plugs weighs 42g. The 100A unit with the Dean's plugs weighs a bit less!

It was very interesting to set my Turbo Delay based on the RPM graph! Using the time scale on the lower axis, I simply looked at the point on the RPM line where it began to relax or lose slope. The corresponding time was 0.5sec. I then looked at the longest sections of the infield throttle trace for areas that were as long or longer than 0.5sec. There was just one place, and it was exactly 0.5sec, so I set the Turbo Delay to 0.5sec and my motor temps went down by about 40deg! I have a temp sensor on the motor which also logs data, so I can see the temps rise throughout the race. Later in the night I made a drastic change to timing settings and melted an orange motor, but it was interesting to see the temperature rise on the graph. It rose to 150'F by the two minute mark, but didn't budge until the 5 minute mark. During the last minute of that race, the motor temp rose another 40'F, up to 200'F! Moral of the story, even raw data can't stop us from making poor timing decisions. But I did learn alot from it.
I think we all learned a lot last night. Thanks Sharpe!
All in all - you don't need these cool tools, but it sure was fun too see all of the data Greg had. What really helps if people are willing to share information with one another. There is really no better place to share information then at the race track!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LocalRacer83
I just recently purchased a tekin system. I hooked it up to my motor Novak ballisitc 13.5 and calibrated the throttle, setup the esc with the new 203 software. here are my setting. Drag 35, throttle profile 4, boost 50, turbo 10, rpm range 4500- 10000. delay .1 and ramp is set at 2. All the motor and esc wires including the sensor wires are connected correctly and are not touching. When I go to run the car it coggs and and stalls at the start. The esc does not get hot and the motor does not get hot when this happens. I have reclaibrated, resetup the esc, and went over the installation guide. How can i identify whether this is the motor, esc, or user error? Both esc and motor are new. Please help. Thanks

this is the 2nd sensor wire I have tried...same problem. My fdr is 8. I will try turning down the advance on the motor, although i havent put any advance on the motor. It still how is came from factory.
if i remember right the orange motor comes with 30 degree of timing so with 50 + 10 + 30 = 90 you are WAY WAY overtimed..

set your tekin to 0 boost and 0 turbo and see if that helps the cogging..
Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

try reload the software by going back to 200 or 198 and then re install 203.
Also reduce boost and increase timing delay.
Make sure to recalibrate the esc to radio after all settings are done.
also check and make sure you have brushless/forward selected.
as mentioned above the Novak motors have a lot of timing and it been suggested to back off the timing on the motor.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

LocalRacer83,
I run 13.5 ballistic on 100x45 asphalt, here is my setings its fast
Motor = N
drag brake = 20
break strength = 40
timing bost = 50
profile = 5
turbo boost = 8
turbo delay = .2
start rpm = ~2800
end rpm = 8500
ramp = 2
fdr = 7.97
temp after 6 min race - 135f - 140f
I played with rpm range throughout the day, started high (~7000 - 12000)
my lap times dropped from 9.9 in firstQ to 9.4 in the main.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think I had the timing too high for the 203v software. I back off to 40 timi on esc, 5 turbo, and it seems better. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default New to Tekin

I just bought an RS to run in my Xray T3. I'll be running it for the first time at a medium sized carpet track then at snowbirds. I'll be running it with a 13.5 Nemesis motor. Any setup recommendations? Also, should I have bought a RS pro instead?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcdrvr2
I just bought an RS to run in my Xray T3. I'll be running it for the first time at a medium sized carpet track then at snowbirds. I'll be running it with a 13.5 Nemesis motor. Any setup recommendations? Also, should I have bought a RS pro instead?
If that 13.5 is anything like my 17.5 Nemesis, throw it in the trash.

RS should be fine, the pro is for low turn modified motors.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1st Time out

Ran my rs pro for the 1st time today in an xray t2 009 with a 13.5 Ballistic motor on a 30x 16 metre carpet track with rubber tyres. Im using v203 software and I started with out the turbo to get my gear ratio sorted then for the first final I brought in the turbo. Now all the this turbo stuff is new to me so here goes........... HOLLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen my car or any 13.5 car go that fast. When the turbo kicked in my car took off and left every thing standing. I had people comming up to me to see what I was running. There are other people using a tekin but not with the new v203 software.
My setup was
drag brake 20
brake 100
throttle profile 4
timing boost 45
turbo boost 15
turbo delay 0.4
turbo ramp 2
neutral width 10
motor timing N or 0
overal gear ratio 6.5 and really fast !!!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

I'm working on a website for setups and tips how to find a good setup.
As you want I can post your setups on the site. You can put info about it with it.

http://www.mikky32.com/

I can use some help with it about info and setup tips.
As you have so or info about the Tekin, let me now. I will gather info from this topic that Randy posted here.

Tell me also if there are mistakes in it.

I do this to help the people that send me questions about setups and how to install there hotwire and update the speedo.
I hope that I can help them this way better and faster because I can't reply every day.

Greetings Emiel

I hope Tekin find's it ok that I do this.
Randy as you have some info that I may post pleas send it to me.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Wow!!!

I got to use the new 203 software today after a very difficult time getting it (don't ask, it's a long sad story).

Went to the track with a two year old RS Pro on version 189. Updated the RS with a friend's PC to 203 to use in a AE RC12R5.1 with a Tekin 13.5. Set it up with no turbo boost to zero in on the gearing. The car was the fastest I had ever had it and it came off an 8 minute run at 95*. OK up the gearing, oops, ran out of space and need smaller spurs.

Awesome, can't wait to get my RSes and Hotwire back from Tekin to try it again.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
I'm working on a website for setups and tips how to find a good setup.
As you want I can post your setups on the site. You can put info about it with it.

http://www.mikky32.com/

I can use some help with it about info and setup tips.
As you have so or info about the Tekin, let me now. I will gather info from this topic that Randy posted here.

Tell me also if there are mistakes in it.

I do this to help the people that send me questions about setups and how to install there hotwire and update the speedo.
I hope that I can help them this way better and faster because I can't reply every day.

Greetings Emiel

I hope Tekin find's it ok that I do this.
Randy as you have some info that I may post pleas send it to me.
Im having issues with your xps file format. Any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jeff! I didn't check this thread until just now or I would have took you up on the offer.

QUOTE=A-Ko;6830651]I have been running around a 4.6 with middle hole duo I.
If you come to hadley tomorrow I will have my laptop hotwire setup with the V203 software if you want to make you changes.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Nemesis Motor

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
If that 13.5 is anything like my 17.5 Nemesis, throw it in the trash.

RS should be fine, the pro is for low turn modified motors.
Hello,

What type of issues have you had with your 17.5 Nemesis? I run a 17.5 and a 13.5 and have had great luck with these so far and have found more than enough power. I have found you have to gear them very different from the duo and duo2 motors. They really don't like to be overgeared and like to run smaller rollouts than other motors.

Just my -98cents worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.