Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Weird problem: Had a friend load the V200 software on my ESC and set up turbo boost etc. I just got the hotlink and downloaded the latest software from Tekin's website because I wanted the ability to do all this myself on my laptop.

It showed the graph for turbo boost delay and showed I had the V200 software. Well, I decided to "update software" for some reason and now I have V198! There's no bar for turbo boost delay and I can't seem to get it back.

I found a link on here for the V200 software, uninstalled the old software and still I have the crappy 198 with no turbo boost. I did the radio calibration with my esc if that matters. I am running Vista, could that be the problem? How do I get V200 back??

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Well fellas, I finally bit the bullet and ordered me up a Tekin RS and Hotwire a few nights ago.

I'll be using it for our "23T" turn class here in Okinawa Japan, which now allows the use of the Yokomo 10.5 brushless motor as an option, although, it's gearing is limited to 6:0 final drive or higher. On the 23T brushed motors, most folks are running 5.6-5.8, but with the advanced timing features of the Tekin RS, I don't think that'll be a problem. It'll probably work out to my advantage.

I am curious though, with everyone raving about the V200 software, why is the lastest version on Tekin's website still V198? I know, I know, I can e-mail them and I heard they will e-mail V200 to me, but why isn't on the site yet? Is it still "beta" software?

Anyhoo, I look forward to learning set up with this new ESC, and hope to bounce some test/tune feedback off ya when I get some track time.

- Paulie
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

because v200 is dangerous in the wrong hands. If you set it up wrong you will go through motor's. When he gives you v200 you also get an email detailing how to use it.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cannondale1974
Weird problem: Had a friend load the V200 software on my ESC and set up turbo boost etc. I just got the hotlink and downloaded the latest software from Tekin's website because I wanted the ability to do all this myself on my laptop.

It showed the graph for turbo boost delay and showed I had the V200 software. Well, I decided to "update software" for some reason and now I have V198! There's no bar for turbo boost delay and I can't seem to get it back.

I found a link on here for the V200 software, uninstalled the old software and still I have the crappy 198 with no turbo boost. I did the radio calibration with my esc if that matters. I am running Vista, could that be the problem? How do I get V200 back??

Thanks.
For the one millionth time on here go to Tekins website and follow the youtube description of how to get rid of the hidden file which mucks up the installation
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default v200 software

Could someone please send me a copy of the new v200 software. I had a team driver set mine up for 10.5 class, but am going to be running mod this weekend. My e-mail [email protected]
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...Hotwire200.zip
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello every1,

Since I've moved from 189 to 194 and 200, brakes strength has reduced considerably. Brakes are important to me because almost all the bends in the track are 180^ hairpins...I run a T2'009 10.5 stock class on outdoor asphalt on rubber tyres with 5.1 to 5.3 FDR

see attached picture of the track.. The straight is around 55metres (180feet) long!

My settings are as follows

Drag Brake Off
Reverse Strength 100%
Brake Strength 100%
Neutral Width 20
Motor Type Brushless FWD Only
Throttle Profile 3 or 4
Voltage Cut-off Custom 6.5V
Push Control Off
Timing Boost 20
Turbo Boost MAX
Turbo Delay 0.2 to 0.5

I'm using SpeedPassion 10.5T (SPF105). I'm willing to invest in a new motor as long as it belongs to this list:

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...ec%202009E.pdf

AND there's a high probability that brakes are greatly improved...
The easiest to get are the tekin, lrp... but I'd consider anything in the list...

With this setup (apart from brakes) I'm competitive against an SPX driver of similar experience to me in the infield, but still slightly lacking on the straight.... and I have to brake earlier. Motor temperature is around 65^C (150F)

What do you think? Why are my brakes lacking? Is it setup, motor, esc?

Thanks in advance!

G
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-pembrokeirmcccup.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gortan
Hello every1,

Since I've moved from 189 to 194 and 200, brakes strength has reduced considerably. Brakes are important to me because almost all the bends in the track are 180^ hairpins...I run a T2'009 10.5 stock class on outdoor asphalt on rubber tyres with 5.1 to 5.3 FDR

see attached picture of the track.. The straight is around 55metres (180feet) long!

My settings are as follows

Drag Brake Off
Reverse Strength 100%
Brake Strength 100%
Neutral Width 20
Motor Type Brushless FWD Only
Throttle Profile 3 or 4
Voltage Cut-off Custom 6.5V
Push Control Off
Timing Boost 20
Turbo Boost MAX
Turbo Delay 0.2 to 0.5

I'm using SpeedPassion 10.5T (SPF105). I'm willing to invest in a new motor as long as it belongs to this list:

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...ec%202009E.pdf

AND there's a high probability that brakes are greatly improved...
The easiest to get are the tekin, lrp... but I'd consider anything in the list...

With this setup (apart from brakes) I'm competitive against an SPX driver of similar experience to me in the infield, but still slightly lacking on the straight.... and I have to brake earlier. Motor temperature is around 65^C (150F)

What do you think? Why are my brakes lacking? Is it setup, motor, esc?

Thanks in advance!

G
The brake problem is a motor problem. I have the speedpassion the LRP X11 and the Tekin.
I have the same problem with the Speedpassion. The Tekin is by far the fastest motor that I have.
It has no braking problems.

One advice. set your Turbo delay higher. Set it around 0,8 to 0,9sec.
The 0,2 to 0,5 is much to low.
You will notes more infield power when you higher the Turbo delay.

Try to gear heavier and set your Boost on 12.
Turbo on max
Turbo delay 0,8sec
Brake with a lower Boost on the speedpassion is better.
Just try it.
Motor temp of the speedpassion of 70 a 75C is better. It has more power in the infield than.

My best lap times came with a lower Boost and a heavier gearing.
The brakes were also better with this setup.

As you get the Tekin motor, gear it light. Not light light but very light.
I had it geared 6,3FDR wile the LRP drivers were geared 5,2 to 5,7 with a SPX and 4,7 with a LRP TC.
Boost 15
Motor timing 8 to 10
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,7sec
6.3FDR
Old 11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
The brake problem is a motor problem. I have the speedpassion the LRP X11 and the Tekin.
I have the same problem with the Speedpassion. The Tekin is by far the fastest motor that I have.
It has no braking problems.

One advice. set your Turbo delay higher. Set it around 0,8 to 0,9sec.
The 0,2 to 0,5 is much to low.
You will notes more infield power when you higher the Turbo delay.

Try to gear heavier and set your Boost on 12.
Turbo on max
Turbo delay 0,8sec
Brake with a lower Boost on the speedpassion is better.
Just try it.
Motor temp of the speedpassion of 70 a 75C is better. It has more power in the infield than.

My best lap times came with a lower Boost and a heavier gearing.
The brakes were also better with this setup.

As you get the Tekin motor, gear it light. Not light light but very light.
I had it geared 6,3FDR wile the LRP drivers were geared 5,2 to 5,7 with a SPX and 4,7 with a LRP TC.
Boost 15
Motor timing 8 to 10
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,7sec
6.3FDR
thanks mikky... i'll certainly try these settings out!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Gearing you must try your self. But just start with what you have and gear from there heavier and watch the motor temp with the speedpassion.
The motor can't handle to much high temps. So keep it under the 80C
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

gortan

You must use the brakes alot. Braking does cause heat, heat you dont want. may loose brake power. Use 80% of drag brake for a starters. with off with push control. 100% braking is too much, turn it down a bit. Drag brakes would apply when trigger is in neutral position, dont have to use so much brake. Probably let you godeeper in the corner, leaving more speed in the corner.

Good Luck.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geezatec
gortan

You must use the brakes alot. Braking does cause heat, heat you dont want. may loose brake power. Use 80% of drag brake for a starters. with off with push control. 100% braking is too much, turn it down a bit. Drag brakes would apply when trigger is in neutral position, dont have to use so much brake. Probably let you godeeper in the corner, leaving more speed in the corner.

Good Luck.
The Speedpassion has a very weak braking. He will lower the brakes when he has enough.
I don't have any problems with a to hot motor with a lot of braking.
Drag brake I never use because you don't want to car to slow down in each corner.

When I used the brakes ad 100% with the speedpassion with a high Boost, it was not braking a lot. After lowering the Boost, I got more braking power but it was still weak compared to the Tekin and the LRP motor.

I use now 85% braking power on my LRP motor.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi guys,

question about the hotwire....

i have installed v200 software, but when i look at what versions i have it says the speedy has 199 on it, and the hotwire says it only has up to 194 available?

however, the turbo delay can go down to 0.2, so it must be the v200. the copy i have was given to me by a friend and he has installed it with no problems. i have tried reinstalling about 5 times now....

any ideas why?

thanks

ben
Old 11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cribbin
hi guys,

question about the hotwire....

i have installed v200 software, but when i look at what versions i have it says the speedy has 199 on it, and the hotwire says it only has up to 194 available?

however, the turbo delay can go down to 0.2, so it must be the v200. the copy i have was given to me by a friend and he has installed it with no problems. i have tried reinstalling about 5 times now....

any ideas why?

thanks

ben
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6609732-post8164.html
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
When I used the brakes ad 100% with the speedpassion with a high Boost, it was not braking a lot. After lowering the Boost, I got more braking power....
I am wondering if the braking issue isn't somehow related to the amount of timing being run in the ESC

Using it in my TC for the first time at the weekend, if gliding towards a corner (making my way to the start etc) the brakes almost lock the wheels, but when moving at speed there seemed to almost be a 'step' in the braking, like there was slight drag brake then a lot of brakes once I had already lost a lot of speed.

Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.