Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Became 4th in the A final today.
The rest were LRP speedo's and I was the only Tekin RS Pro in the A final.
The nr 1 was to fast for all of us but drom place 2 till 5 was a big fight.
First final I became 4th, second final 5th and the last final I became 3th.
It was a close race and the lap times between the nr 2 and the nr 5 were less than 0,1 sec.

The Tekin was fast and that helped me to get in the top 5.
Normally there are some drivers faster than me but now I was faster than them.

I was surprised after 2 qualifications to be on the 3th place.
The last qualification I had some tire problems. I lost one place but I was very happy.
The nr 2 of last year complicated me with my driving but I now that as I had no Tekin, I was not on the 4th place by the qualification and in the final.

The 1:12 driver was also in the A final. He had to give up 2 finals with car problems. The Tekin was to fast for his car
Old 11-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spongerX
I switched from a Tekin 13.5 to a Duo 2 13.5 today and noticed something strange. My turbo was set to kick in at 1.2 seconds but on the Duo 2 it's not happening for almost 3 seconds. Top end felt lower on the track so I pulled it in and throttled it with the wheels off the ground and the turbo is kicking in really late. Anyone else come across this before when switching BL motor brands? I tried changing the turbo time by Hotwire but it doesnt seem to change. It's kicking in really late.

I'm recently back in the hobby after a 10 year break so brushless is new to me.

RS Pro settings did not change between motors. I had the 13.5 Tekin at 5 degrees on the motor and the 13.5 Duo 2 at the default motor timing as it was the first run.
Now I've gone from a slow turbo spool up to a completely dead RS Pro. It cut out mid race. Lights would come on when on-off switch cycled but it would cut out a few seconds later at random time intervals. ESC was cool. No shorts on any of the wiring. Servo moves but no lights on the esc. Duo 2 removed. Still the same thing. Hotwire does not recognize the esc either. I guess it's time to RMA
Old 11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Now I've gone from a slow turbo spool up to a completely dead RS Pro. It cut out mid race. Lights would come on when on-off switch cycled but it would cut out a few seconds later at random time intervals. ESC was cool. No shorts on any of the wiring. Servo moves but no lights on the esc. Duo 2 removed. Still the same thing. Hotwire does not recognize the esc either. I guess it's time to RMA

Check again.Changing turbo, it may have temper out. Disconnecting motor, Hotwire will not read the ESC w/o motor. Readjust to your normal settings, And redo TX settings( home, full throttle, And braking).
Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Ran into an odd issue with my RS today. Running V200 (Vegas) with max timing and no turbo with a 17.5 Pulse. Never been a good motor but it still works and I got it working a bit better today even. I found in the first qualifer the motor ran much cooler and about the same pace as I had earlier with a bit of retarded timing (Just thought I'd give it a try). It ran really well in the first qualifer but then in the 2nd qualifer and the main the car was really slow off of the line but once it got going it was fine. Normally I would guess it was because of the retarded timing but in the first qualifier it was fine. I'm going to try bumping the timing back up again anyway and see if that helps. But in the mean time if it could be something else I'd appreciate ideas.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Ran into an odd issue with my RS today. Running V200 (Vegas) with max timing and no turbo with a 17.5 Pulse. Never been a good motor but it still works and I got it working a bit better today even. I found in the first qualifer the motor ran much cooler and about the same pace as I had earlier with a bit of retarded timing (Just thought I'd give it a try). It ran really well in the first qualifer but then in the 2nd qualifer and the main the car was really slow off of the line but once it got going it was fine. Normally I would guess it was because of the retarded timing but in the first qualifier it was fine. I'm going to try bumping the timing back up again anyway and see if that helps. But in the mean time if it could be something else I'd appreciate ideas.
bad/dirty sensors or loose sensor connector is my best bet.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Well it was odd...It didn't act like a sensor problem and I did try another sensor wire. All 3 sensor lights lit up when I turned the motor by hand.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Check again.Changing turbo, it may have temper out. Disconnecting motor, Hotwire will not read the ESC w/o motor. Readjust to your normal settings, And redo TX settings( home, full throttle, And braking).
No such luck. It's hooked up to a known good motor and still no LEDs on the ESC 12 hours after being at the track. At the track the temp indicator LED was only at level 1. I'm running 13.5 motors so not a huge current draw.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sponger, can you be more exact on what led's are shown?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
There aren't any LEDs on at all. Putting the ESC switch to the on position allows power to flow to the servo and receiver and I can move the servo from the radio but there are zero LEDs on the ESC. Spinning the motor by hand does not result in the sensor LEDs working. There's no beeping or anything. I've swapped LIPO packs to a fully charged one, put back on my Tekin Redline 13.5 and still nothing. There don't appear to be any shorts on any of my wiring.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I've contacted Tekin tech support and got an RMA number for repair/replacement.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

I've contacted Tekin tech support and got an RMA number for repair/replacement.
That is the service of Tekin. It's great.
Here on the forum and the mail. They will always try to help you.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

ok upgraded rs pro to 200 and i'm setting it up, but i'm wondering about the settings.
motor timing, esc timing, and how much turbo boost.
for instance n on the novak motor is suppose to be 30 degrees, then do you add 15 degrees with the esc? that would be 45 degrees to start, plus you have turbo function which adds more, but is it a percent of something or is it the number of degrees. and when is there too much timing.
i run 21.5 2cell pan car oval on flat 166 ft asphalt.
any help would be appreciatted
Old 11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

motor and boost = 30 deg total and then bring turbo to get the straight away
Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

64bit yet???
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scr_achy
64bit yet???
How about something for the Mac users? I get sick everytime my dad boots vista to play with his RS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.