Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

my problem solve....thanks for helps....
Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yokemad
Thanx Guys
for the input
I Use Throttle Profile 5!
It's Stock 13.5T Ballistic Motor but we Apply the same settings and similar gearing to my friends Tekin Redline Brand new motor still Lack of Punch...
Please Don't take me Wrong We Love the Product But just try to Find the sweet Point
Cheers
I second that. I used profiles 1-5, low to high timing, fdr, boost, turbo bla bla. I love the RS and its very good. But just not good enough when the going gets tough. Maybe, a very unlikely maybe, I haven't found the right setup. I'm no newbie, neither am I a pro but if the right setup is THAT hard to find, its just too much hassle.

I am aware of turbo delays and timing and all. In fact I was the first to suggest and test 1 sec turbo delay in this thread. The esc seems great with those running 13.5 turns and higher (touring). We run 11.5 here and the esc just doesn't seem to be up to it. Yes, it is a fast esc, just not when racing against the nations best. Maybe dynamic timing is what it needs but who knows...

Maybe Tekin will come up with a better software, but I have a feeling that its hardware. For now my laptimes are lower with my budget Xerun esc.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Tag
And here I am taking punch away running profile 3 to keep the car settled down...LOL
What motor/car type/track do you run on?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default Tekin Batt

I was hoping someone could tell me if Tekin makes a 5000 40c Lipo ? If so where can I get one ? Thanks

Rob
Old 11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I've spent more time than most do here trying to find that missing 'infield' punch for stock touring on road and I've come to the conclusion that even with the latest V200 'Vegas Edition', I'll never find it. I've fried a couple of motors in the process and have tested every software since 189 and geared very heavy to very light and still find myself wanting more just to stay ahead exiting a corner. Mybe time to go orange?..
I'm always completely puzzled when I read posts like this.

Yeah, go orange, then go blue, then go purple, then you'll realize it wasn't the ESC and you'll be back.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Hear this. There are some people that want a Ezrun combo for the Dutch national championships instead of the speedo's that there are now.
At my home club almost 100% want to use there own speedo and not a stock speedo. Most of them have a Tekin so they don't complain about power LOL.
I think that after the MOD class, we now also don't have a stock class any more here.
I think that I'm going to race my races in Belgium at the Belgium championship. Than I will be together with a club member the only Tekin drivers.
I think not for long as they see the power.!!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys understand that the TP settings on the RS is a throttle ramp, nothing more. If your setup is off it will still be off with a different TP setting. This is why I ALWAYS run Tp 3 which is linear.

Infield punch is either wrong gearing, too much timing, timing that doesn't match gearing,etc.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Punch shouldnt be a problem.

I Tqed 13.5 rubber and qualified 2nd in 10.5 foam at the Halloween Classic this weekend. I had crap luck in the mains but needless to say Tekin had the fastest laps in both classes also.

Robbie TQed foam also with a Tekin.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
B44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 13.5 help

Hey Guys I'm run 13.5 in 4wh at the regionals,I can not get the speed from the motor like I do in 2wh 13.5 motor.The car is a b44 2.5 gear box.I have tried 7.0 -8.80 fdr an the speed seems the same,Any Suggest ...THANKS.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by B44
Hey Guys I'm run 13.5 in 4wh at the regionals,I can not get the speed from the motor like I do in 2wh 13.5 motor.The car is a b44 2.5 gear box.I have tried 7.0 -8.80 fdr an the speed seems the same,Any Suggest ...THANKS.
What are your hotwire settings? And what version?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Guys understand that the TP settings on the RS is a throttle ramp, nothing more. If your setup is off it will still be off with a different TP setting. This is why I ALWAYS run Tp 3 which is linear.

Infield punch is either wrong gearing, too much timing, timing that doesn't match gearing,etc.
you should try an orca esc.....the esc provide alot of punch...I need to gear it very light to have the same punch as orca driver...they are using FDR5.8 vs my self FDR6.6....but the tekin turbo really work great....

with this setup you can hear my motor sound loud in high speed straight.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

@MJC
I agree with you
Thats 100% right...
Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi, I have a endurance event coming up, 1.5 hours long, alternating two cars with a team mate. Probably 10-15 min alternating runs in stock 17.5. Heat will be my problem i would say, what would be the best setup on the rs pro.
Turn off turbo maybe, i was thinking dual mode might keep the motor cooler, speed isnt the priority here...

Last edited by chrislow; 11-02-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

I think this is where the complexity of new ESC technology is taking us by surprise. With the old brushed systems, it was easy, there was one way of getting the best out of it. Now, there's so much to play with we don't know where to start. I for one feel that way, even though I have to say, my Tekin system is the fastest at the track. I have read everything here, but I still feel like I did not fully understand what is happening (I feel the good results I have are more a coincidence or perhaps luck that I hit the sweet spot by accident). I would be curious to see if I can hit the spot again if I changed to a different class.

The help we, the public at large (non pro drivers) expect from the people making these systems is to perhaps tell us where to start with tunning the system (i.e. what to adjust first). I understand these systems accept more than just one solution but perhaps a more in depth explanation of how they work would help us (I think that would help me at least).

Last edited by niznai; 11-02-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrislow
Hi, I have a endurance event coming up, 1.5 hours long, alternating two cars with a team mate. Probably 10-15 min alternating runs in stock 17.5. Heat will be my problem i would say, what woyuld be the best setup on the rs pro.
Turn off turbo maybe, i was thinking dual mode might keep the motor cooler, speed isnt the priority here...
Go dual mode for sure. I put that on my car for a couple weeks and it ran way way cooler and was nearly as fast. Just have to adjust the gearing. I went up 3 teeth from what i normally run on sensored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.