Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AND THATS WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!but its so kool aint it
Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
I hate be the guy that rains on the parade, but I feel a need to clear something that's been bothering me. I realize that with the advent of the new turbo feature of v200 (which I have) that a whole new aspect of tuning is available, but I feel that putting a delay at .2 isn't gonna help win the race. I have had many close races in a competitive track and never once did it occur to me that I needed a .3 second faster turbo. It seems absurd. It does occur to me that I could adjust my camber or gearing, these are the things that give that extra edge. The new turbo feature is turning into the new crutch. I'm waiting to see who's gonna ask what the delay should be with a 50c battery. A .3 quicker delay isn't gonna get you a podium finish, one less bobble might. We may eventually get that feature into the general public, but guess what? The fast guys are always gonna be faster because of set-up and smooth driving. I'm now getting off of the soap box. Let it rain--Al
I will agree with you to some extent. While the average racer could benefit more from a little better chassis tuning and more practice, some will benefit from the increased pull down the straight. If you can shave .1 from each lap with increased acceleration, you save 3 seconds over a 30 lap race. That allows most a chance to "bobble" and still recover from it. All things equal, the fast guys are still the fast guys and always will be. I haven't tried the lower turbo delay inside yet. I've played with the delay outside and find it to be a great tuning aid for straight line acceleration. Finding the right place for it to engage is important. Regardless of how anyone feels, I am glad to see Tekin constantly trying to improve their product and listening to the masses that DEMAND to have their wishes granted. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hate be the guy that rains on the parade, but I feel a need to clear something that's been bothering me. I realize that with the advent of the new turbo feature of v200 (which I have) that a whole new aspect of tuning is available, but I feel that putting a delay at .2 isn't gonna help win the race. I have had many close races in a competitive track and never once did it occur to me that I needed a .3 second faster turbo. It seems absurd. It does occur to me that I could adjust my camber or gearing, these are the things that give that extra edge. The new turbo feature is turning into the new crutch. I'm waiting to see who's gonna ask what the delay should be with a 50c battery. A .3 quicker delay isn't gonna get you a podium finish, one less bobble might. We may eventually get that feature into the general public, but guess what? The fast guys are always gonna be faster because of set-up and smooth driving. I'm now getting off of the soap box. Let it rain--Al
Some of what you say is true. Driving is driving. A good setup and good driving skills will win you a race. Tuning your ESC is now becoming part of that set up. Just like your camber or gearing...one adjustment alone won't win you a race. But your complete setup and driving will.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

"part of this complete breakfast"
Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Some of what you say is true. Driving is driving. A good setup and good driving skills will win you a race. Tuning your ESC is now becoming part of that set up. Just like your camber or gearing...one adjustment alone won't win you a race. But your complete setup and driving will.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

im just wondering when less then .5 will be helpful. can you really get to top rpm in .2sec? it seems as if it would be to soon to throw that much timing at the motor to be beneficial.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
im just wondering when less then .5 will be helpful. can you really get to top rpm in .2sec? it seems as if it would be to soon to throw that much timing at the motor to be beneficial.
Oval with a 126' run line and 3.1 sec laps. At .5 your almost in the next corner before it would kick in!!! Can't wait for Saturday night!!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

this is a little off topic but is any one using a t2oo7,i would like a starting point for gearing 64p 17.5
Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Oval with a 126' run line and 3.1 sec laps. At .5 your almost in the next corner before it would kick in!!! Can't wait for Saturday night!!
Ok i can see that
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I have to disagree, we are running foam 13.5 TC on a small track. The straight is about 65 feet. The .5 delay is to long for this size of a track. The .2 will be perfect for our track. I am looking forward to using it. BTW we race with the current ROAR 13.5 foam Champion and the IIC Champion, we need a little help to catch him
Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs down Still Waiting

I received my RS Speedo 21.5 combo and set it up on the bench , started adjusting the drag brake and POOF! a wisp of smoke from the speedo. I had to send it back and I am still waiting for a conformation e-mail saying they received it .It has been a week. I really want to get rolling again , I haven't raced in 2.5 years and the speedo is holding me up. I hope this thing is worth all the hype............

Last edited by Slotmachine; 10-15-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I received my RS Speedo 21.5 combo and set it up on the bench , started adjusting the drag brake and POOF! a wisp of smoke from the speedo. I had to send it back and I am still waiting for a conformation e-mail saying they received it .It has been a week. I really want to get rolling again , I haven't raced in 2.5 years and the speedo is holding me up. I hope this thing is worth all the hype............
Its worth the hype. They have good support group I'm place. I too am waitin for mine to return. I hate waiting..lol. Don't know how long wait will l be. I hope not too long we start nov. 1st..
Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
oze
Tech Adept

Default Tekin RS Pro

Where can buy this ESC? Seems to be out of stock everywhere?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Oh boy bring out the fire extinguisher coz I foresee flames...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does the v200 come with the latest build of the software that I can download from Tekin? I just want to know due to the fact I just got my RS today and I want to put that version in it. any help on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.