Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
There's no need for any of that. If you want to level the playing field in the speedo department, change the Rules to run everything sensorless. That's the fix for Stock - no sensors, no timing increase. Now you're back to where we started with BR, without the comm skimming.

If you want to fix the problem, remove the cause of the problem...
Running dual mode/sensorless. That would be an interesting one to try for sure. I run that in my stadium truck and its just fine.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by padailey
V200 really is a distinct advantage... if you haven't run it yet you'll understand when you do. Curtiss and I are not running full out with our gearing/settings and we still have the fastest cars out there.
Fastest as in straights or fastest as in laptimes?

How did wed go? Didn't I hear you complain about punch on sunday?
Kenny was the guy pulling me hardest on sunday, but we all know thats as much to do with his corner speed.
Maybe we just need to setup a 150' dragstrip in the lot and end this debate for once and for all.
Of course I'm sure some guys will sandbag that just like they do on the carpet.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reenmachine

Methinks this will be a moot point before too long. I would wager that the next BIG update will take the user (and thus the user error) out of the loop. The ESC will sense via RPM, current draw, and the rate of change of each when it's appropriate to add timing, and how much, and will continually optimize it.
Now if it just read a temp sensor too we would really be on to something. And since its not "turbo" it would be legal as well.

I think any attempt to outlaw these kind of features is ultimately a lost cause. Once all the manufacturers catch up to the physics of the motor the playing field will be level again.
Then we can start the debate about "driver aides" in the classes with lots of power.
Isn't racing great!
I've heard many a full size racer say, If you aren't testing the edge of the rules you aren't going fast enough.

PS. My USVTA car is the #13 Yunick Camaro.
I sandbag myself by running it on a xxx-s.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
hey guys I have a tekin rs pro and just put it in my car with a novak 13.5 and when turning the switch on it either takes a long time for the speedo to recognize the motor and sometimes it doesn't recognize it at all. It runs fine once it is on. I just was wondering if they may not be totaly compatible or not. the speedo is brand new and i generally run duo based motors which i will be putting to see if this will cure my problem.
Thanks in advance for your input
We do not have any compatability issues with any motors that I'm aware of.

Please be VERY specific when you say it shows you lights. What software are you running? What Settings? What transmitter do you use? Power source?

Make sure to wire the motor A to A, B to B, C to C. Is the RS arming?

This sounds like a radio issue, not a motor issue.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Clegg
I think you are dead on. The track I run at has a small straight with a technical infield. I have played with gearing and the turbo setting quite a bit and have not seen any evidence of it being of any value on the very short straight. From entering the straight to breaking for the corner, there is probably 1.5 seconds of full throttle if that, barely enough time for the motor to get into the higher rev bands.
Don't get me wrong, the turbo is a GREAT feature, it just doesn't suit all of the tracks one races at.

My motor has plenty of pull to it and im only using v189, 30 boost, 0 motor. This is a well used setup on a small track.

however, I do hear of motor temperatures coming down by using v200 as well, so don't dismiss using it (without the turbo where need be) if you're not up to date on software.

189 is good for me, but once my laptop comes, i'll upgrade then
Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How short a straight are we talking? I've used it on a short straight with success. You just have to really gear down. I think people have a tendency to overgear and that is what will cause turbo to "not work".
Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

For example, I race at a 10x15metre carpet track.

the grip is there, but you don't carry a lot of speed, 15metres max of full throttle is what there is to play with, and then on some track layouts there is less.

I've found a good setup without turbo and it equals and betters by some tenths a hot lap.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc3team
For example, I race at a 10x15metre carpet track.

the grip is there, but you don't carry a lot of speed, 15metres max of full throttle is what there is to play with, and then on some track layouts there is less.

I've found a good setup without turbo and it equals and betters by some tenths a hot lap.
I agree.
The track I race on is a bit larger but 10,5 lipo is damn fast.
I set some Turbo but I think that I will not need it.
Last year the Tekin was fastest on the straight without the Turbo so I think that I don't need it.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

lap times are typically 7 or 8 seconds.

I'm going there right now for a play!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Help please; just installed the Hotwire, done the plug up to speedo and all was good. Saw version 200, goosed a couple of items, pressed update and then the version 200 feature disappeared !! What did I do ??

Bought Hotwire at Timezone last night. During evening, I did use a friends Hotwire link to reset speedo and his laptop had version 200 on it. Don't know if that's relevent............

What I have lacks 'boost' and 'delay'........

Jacko
Old 10-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

try updating the esc first before you make changes,and recalibrate the TX also
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Help please; just installed the Hotwire, done the plug up to speedo and all was good. Saw version 200, goosed a couple of items, pressed update and then the version 200 feature disappeared !! What did I do ??

Bought Hotwire at Timezone last night. During evening, I did use a friends Hotwire link to reset speedo and his laptop had version 200 on it. Don't know if that's relevent............

What I have lacks 'boost' and 'delay'........

Jacko
Jacko, Make sure you have the "Sensored" box "Checked" on the HotWire!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
Recalibrate your esc again to your radio?
I did this and it seems to take care of the problem thanks for your input
Old 10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run on a track that is 100 x 50. I use 199V2 and V200. I feel setup right the turbo works awesome. I feel that I can get the infield punch I want and then adjust the turbo boost and timing boost for the straight.

Settings: Motor timing 2nd slash+ mark after 0*. Turbo Boost 10, Timing Boost 25, 0 on delay w/ v199v2 and FDR at 4.96. Motor temp's at 180 degrees.

When I ran the other versions. I had to gear to high to keep up down the straight and never had any infield punch and motor got hot and always faded during the run.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SRW141
I run on a track that is 100 x 50. I use 199V2 and V200. I feel setup right the turbo works awesome. I feel that I can get the infield punch I want and then adjust the turbo boost and timing boost for the straight.

Settings: Motor timing 2nd slash+ mark after 0*. Turbo Boost 10, Timing Boost 25, 0 on delay w/ v199v2 and FDR at 4.96. Motor temp's at 180 degrees.

When I ran the other versions. I had to gear to high to keep up down the straight and never had any infield punch and motor got hot and always faded during the run.
You run a 17,5T or a 13,5t?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.