Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by or8ital
or going back to only brushed motors.
With 27t stock motors you will always find someone buying several and keeping the best one.

Then, various brush tweaking and secret compound brushes, changing springs and shimming the armature, aligning brush hoods, skimming the commutator down to it's last life to improve brush wrap, secret cleaning materials, the list goes on... The difference between a rubbish motor and a really good motor can then be very big.

All of which could be done inbetween heats.

I was using a shop brought stock motor for a winter series I did a few years ago, all that was done to it was xxx brushes fitted to it (once) brush hoods aligned and skimmed after every meeting, for a 6 race series.

I was all over another guy like a rash down the straight (who won the series), if it wasnt for his super driving skills and blocking me, I would have beaten him.

His motor was a team driver cherry picked one, geared right and brand new. I don't think he was too happy and felt under pressure quite a bit, he even admitted it felt like his car was being held back compared to mine.

So you still think stock motors are similar in performance? I dont.

Some are made for rpm, some for torque, some have a bit of both, no different to the different sized rotors we have in brushless motors.

In tekins spec profile world, (should it come along) switch the car on in front of scrutineering and off you go.

Not that much you can do with the motors except time them differently on the endbell, and change rotors. (have people really gone to such lengths as this in VTA yet?)

For any doubters, which one of the two sounds simpler??? I'm all in for fair racing

Last edited by tc3team; 10-08-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

still running the same used brushless motor i bought 2 years ago... damn, all this work.. i might spring for a rotor this year.. what to do what to do.. oh yea upgrade my software for free.. thanks tekin
Old 10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital
I'm not complaining (as I use an RS) but it is a huge advantage in VTA. I can blow every non RS speedo away in VTA allowing me to make passes on the outside, etc.
I wish it was that huge on my track. But the RS isn't the only fast spec speed control. When I set up the RS to blow buy people on the straight then its slower in the infield or starts to get the motor hot enough that it fades a little.

I've found its pretty easy to overdrive a TA on our track. Surprising how many times I'm off on straighaway speed and actually turn better laps. I bet 90% of club level drivers fit that profile.

The fastest guys usually have fast laps a couple of 10th faster than the rest of the pack. However their AVERAGE time across many laps blows the whole field away. Thats driving skill, plain and simple.

The second or so that separates the TQ from the bottom of the pack usually is about 3 tenths chassis/tuning, 3 tenths powertrain, and 4 tenths improvement in lines.
I've got my RS giving me 2 tenths advantage and am looking forward to 2.00 software getting me to TQ warp speed Scotty!

Then I can get back to my normal 3-4 tenths off of TQ pace.

So email me that 200 software already Randy!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've already mentioned something being worked on. However we've had some requests for something to tide everyone over with...

A few more days for your next dose...
Old 10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Damn you Randy! And I was trying to kick the habbit! LOL

Can't wait to see what new toys Tekin brings
Old 10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

I can't wait for the new FW, is there any hope before Sunday
also what ratio you recommend to start for 13.5T ballistic Motor
Here is the Track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=374_L-TOfKA

Thanx in advance
Old 10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I tried taking the turbo delay down to .8 today instead of the full second that I was running before. The turbo was kicking in right at the end of the sweeper and causing a little push. My temps went up about 10 degrees as well. I'm going to take it back up to 1.0 again. Also shut off the push control and the car worked much better. Currently running 4 degrees motor timing, 25 boost and 10 turbo. Tomorrow, I'm going to take the motor back to zero and play around with the boost and turbo some more. Right now, though, the car is feeling really good.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Lord

why set turbo so late,do you just want it the last 20ft of the straight
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
why set turbo so late,do you just want it the last 20ft of the straight
Our track is set up with a 20 foot entrance to a sweeper prior to the straightaway. With the .5 delay, the turbo would kick in around the middle of the sweeper before the car had time to spool up. With the .8 delay, it kicks in at the end of the sweeper and caused a push with the sudden onset of power. At 1.0 second delay, the car spools up nice, the turbo kicks in at the start of the straight and continues to pull hard all the way. Motor temps are about 20 degrees cooler as well. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it seems to be very consistent in my findings.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

thats makes more sence
Old 10-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
thats makes more sence
I'm still learning, but it's fun to try new things.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

hey guys I have a tekin rs pro and just put it in my car with a novak 13.5 and when turning the switch on it either takes a long time for the speedo to recognize the motor and sometimes it doesn't recognize it at all. It runs fine once it is on. I just was wondering if they may not be totaly compatible or not. the speedo is brand new and i generally run duo based motors which i will be putting to see if this will cure my problem.
Thanks in advance for your input
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro neil
hey guys I have a tekin rs pro and just put it in my car with a novak 13.5 and when turning the switch on it either takes a long time for the speedo to recognize the motor and sometimes it doesn't recognize it at all. It runs fine once it is on. I just was wondering if they may not be totaly compatible or not. the speedo is brand new and i generally run duo based motors which i will be putting to see if this will cure my problem.
Thanks in advance for your input
ARe you getting any lights with it?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
ARe you getting any lights with it?
lights are on but they don't go to the neutral position there are 3 lights in the middle that light up.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Check your solder joints to make sure that you don't have any bridges built or cold joints.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.