Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Err... the the 189 does have timing boost if I recall correctly...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

The 198 has the Timing Boost.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Err... the the 189 does have timing boost if I recall correctly...
+1, I use 189 and it has the boost feature.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We can look into software that is dedicated to spec racing. We can offer up it's own sequence of chimes letting the user/tech official know that it's got the spec software loaded in it. IF there is a demand for such software, we can offer it.

Brushless esc's took all of the tuning options we were all accustomed to in brushed motor racing, period. The same timing adjsutments with brush cutting, polishing bushings, dynos,etc. Move on already, it's here and isn't going anywhere.

Orbital: Warpage is rare, as is cracking. We are working on some new products currently, this was brought up but I"m not sure demand would b e there for it...
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Orbital: Warpage is rare, as is cracking. We are working on some new products currently, this was brought up but I"m not sure demand would b e there for it...
It seems like perhaps it is cracking and then that causes the warpage. Almost like the bearing is trying to push its way through the middle. My local Tekin driver (Mike Collins) just gave me one off another motor he had last time it happened. After replacing my motor temps went down 20 degrees.

Is this part sold separately? If so what is the part # and where can I get it? Thanks.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

As far as the debate about USVTA and the Tekin is concerned, we have a variety of speed controls represented at my track with some pretty decent drivers. While the timing advance speed controls can have some differences, its not as large a difference as some would think. One of the faster drivers here is still running a GTB.
In my own tests, the timing advance has as much effect on where the power comes on as how much.
Recently I ran a dual mode profile "by accident" after mixing up a speed control I had set up for mod offroad. I geared up to the max FDR (5.07) allowed on my chassis. Later I changed back to a profile with timing advance and geared down to control temps. I saw 2 tenths difference across 5 runs with a different ratio/ timing advance each time. Most of that difference was in the traction coming up as the day progressed.

That matches the gains I made when I replaced my SuperSport with the Tekin originally.

Granted, on a very large outdoor track YMMV. Just pointing out that the gains with a "fast" speed control are much smaller than I've often seen by a shock oil change.
Last week I had someone come up and complain about how I was blowing by him with the Tekin. He was apexing half way out in the lane. He was actually much faster on any of the on high speed sections but I was killing him in the corners. Bet he would sign on to ban my speed control anyways.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jasons56
Last week I had someone come up and complain about how I was blowing by him with the Tekin. He was apexing half way out in the lane. He was actually much faster on any of the on high speed sections but I was killing him in the corners. Bet he would sign on to ban my speed control anyways.
Spot on!! Even in LV at the IIC, I didn't hear any driver in the A Final complain about the Black Diamond speedo CRC were using, it was mostly the drivers in the lower finals, with less cornering ability!!

Of course it is here, and of course it will stay - and as it is preferred by many, that's good for getting new drivers into the hobby. Things can't be 'uninvented'!

Perhaps that's enough of a thread hijack - let's go back to harassing Randy for release of the new software with less than 0.5 sec turbo delay!!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not complaining (as I use an RS) but it is a huge advantage in VTA. I can blow every non RS speedo away in VTA allowing me to make passes on the outside, etc.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We can look into software that is dedicated to spec racing. We can offer up it's own sequence of chimes letting the user/tech official know that it's got the spec software loaded in it. IF there is a demand for such software, we can offer it.
I really think that would be great. Having the ability to "equal" out all speedos for spec type classes allows everyone to use the ESC of their choice and keep speeds in check. I personally would still use my RS because of all the ESC has to offer. I hope there is enough demand to warrant you adding this functionality. The Hurricane series ban on the turbo function may be the answer for their series this year but in the long run I think the spec software with all timing eliminated sounds more viable long term. Thanks Tekin for considering an option for the good of classes like VTA even though it doesn't necessarily showcase your product.

But I'm still gonna max out that Turbo in TC!!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

The spec software idea won't work IMO. Everyone would have to spec to a Tekin speed control for it to work and then in that case why do you have to spec the software? Everyone is just always going to load the latest and be on the same version making it equal.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I'm not complaining (as I use an RS) but it is a huge advantage in VTA. I can blow every non RS speedo away in VTA allowing me to make passes on the outside, etc.
I agree. Probably makes Tekin smile also to see what a good job they have done with their software updates.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The spec software idea won't work IMO. Everyone would have to spec to a Tekin speed control for it to work and then in that case why do you have to spec the software? Everyone is just always going to load the latest and be on the same version making it equal.
Its not for spec aspect of VTA, its for tech. It won't eliminate those who feel the need to cheat, but it should make life simpler for race directors and tech inspectors at larger events. You go through tech, turn your car on. It will chime different and have a different sequence of lights if your running the canned VTA firmware. Its pretty ingenious.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Am I the only one that want's to have faster software?
Randy pleas keep making the Tekin faster and faster!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Its not for spec aspect of VTA, its for tech. It won't eliminate those who feel the need to cheat, but it should make life simpler for race directors and tech inspectors at larger events. You go through tech, turn your car on. It will chime different and have a different sequence of lights if your running the canned VTA firmware. Its pretty ingenious.
I dont understand how it helps tech? So you slow down the RS? What about all the other speed controls? The fact that VTA needs all this fixing implies to me it is fundamentally flawed. At this point it is a racing class like all other racing classes and it will never get to a spec class without going spec on the speed control or going back to only brushed motors.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont understand how it helps tech? So you slow down the RS? What about all the other speed controls? The fact that VTA needs all this fixing implies to me it is fundamentally flawed. At this point it is a racing class like all other racing classes and it will never get to a spec class without going spec on the speed control or going back to only brushed motors.
All I can say in response is that it was in the spirit of the class as it originally was intended/designed 2+ years ago: (much) slower cars, more skill based driving, vintage bodies and smiles. RobK has done a tremendous amount of testing already and has the simple recommendation of not using turbo. Each new controller being brought on the market and into VTA will end up with some sort of restriction to create a level playing field. Even if everyone had and RS, turbo still doesn't belong in this class. I have an RS in my 17.5. Its dialed and goes 13.5 speeds down our little straight. If my driving were better, I'd be winning the 13.5 class I'm driving my sedan in. We'll see what the future brings. For other classes, bring on the heat. I'm with Mikky, WHERE'S MY NEW SOFTWARE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.