Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bl4
Do we need a fan for this? Intend to run a 5.5 or 4.5T BL. ThkS!
I would install a second cap for that turn. As for fans, it wouldnt hurt. If you dont want one for no reason watch the temp on the esc and then decide if it needs it.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Anyone running JRX-S Type R that can help me out with gearing and your base tunning setup. my local track is West coast RC about a 120 foot plus straight. im running 13.5 redline with an RS pro.
There are quite a few of us in the Jrxs-R thread that run Tekins. What firmware version are you running?

With 198 i was around 4.8-4.9 on a track of similar size with the 199 it's been suggested you start at about 5.2-5.4 and tune from there.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robert s
Randy,
Do you think the version 200 will be out before Vegas? Or will we have to run the 198 and just hope we are fast enough with it?

robert
Yes, trust me when I say I want you to have this software. The improvement is so drastic that I often get "tolerated" at the local track when anyone with Tekin goes faster after coming into my pit area...I'm not feeling the love all the time !

It's all in good fun though...
Old 08-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

This Sunday Dutch RC Series race 2.
Next week I will race 1 race of the National championship. It's on my home track.
The week after that the 6th club race and the week after that the 3th Dutch RC Series race and it's also on my home track.
So I have a lot of races. I'm happy that I found some good setups for my home track and I think that I have a good setup for the race of this Sunday.
I have new tires, Saturday I start preparing my car for the race of Sunday.
All races are 10,5 5 cell.

I tested yesterday a different setup.
7 Boost
Turbo Max
Motor 12
Gearing 5,8FDR

This gave me a bit more infield speed but a the straight was not 100% jet.
Must play a bit more with the gearing and the Boost.
I think 6,0 to 6,3FDR will be better with a boost of 8 to 10.
I will test this, this Saturday after preparing my car.
Lap times were ok. I started with a 16,2 sec lap and I finished after changing some setups on the Tekin RS pro on 15,7 sec.
My car was not ok but the motor and speedo were doing there work so that's not the problem. Saturday I think that when I'm ready with my car that I will go faster again.

Has somebody experience with lower Boost settings and gearing?
Normally I don't go lower than 15 with the boost and 10 on the motor.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

My software doesn't have the Turbo slider or Turbo Delay function, is this just on the new software we don't have yet v200?

Has anyone got any advice for how many pinions to go down when using the timing advance slider etc?

I want to get the most out of it but don't want to melt anything.

I gave it a blast on Sunday, it's in my wet car.
I'll see how this goes before I decide whether or not to Tekin my main car

I'm afraid I have to agree the the 'weak brakes' statement, they are nowhere near powerfull enough.

Skiddins
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randy,

Are you racing this Saturday at Speedworld. I need to get dialed in so I can keep my bragging rights over the LRP guys! HAHAHA

Brian
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
My software doesn't have the Turbo slider or Turbo Delay function, is this just on the new software we don't have yet v200?

Has anyone got any advice for how many pinions to go down when using the timing advance slider etc?

I want to get the most out of it but don't want to melt anything.

I gave it a blast on Sunday, it's in my wet car.
I'll see how this goes before I decide whether or not to Tekin my main car

I'm afraid I have to agree the the 'weak brakes' statement, they are nowhere near powerfull enough.

Skiddins
The Turbo is on the V199/V200.
When you have the Turbo, you can gear a lot lighter. You just go lighter until you reached a good infield speed.
How many pinions smaller depends on the pitch of the pinion and the track.
Also on the Boost level.
I lowered my boost form 20 to about 15.
I tried even 7 boost and 1 pinion bigger and the infield was even faster. the top speed was a bit slower but that was on the end of the straight end.
I tried the same setup also with 10 boost but than I found that 1 pinion smaller and 15 boost goos better. Motor stays also a bit cooler.

Don't worry that your motor will be to hot with the Turbo.
I found that the motor stays a bit cooler with the Turbo than without it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not sure. I've got a LOT of testing to do right now. I've got some new "products" to test as well as some offroad stuff I need to get in order...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

My computer is giving hotwire, no love. And I'm sure you've heard this before.

When I open hotwire from my computer, it says it can't find hotwire from the USB connection. Both my ESC and Hotwire are working as is shows in the manual. I have windows Xp, so the software should supports it.
I uninstalled, and reinstalled it 4 times already, and still nothing. I used a different computer, with Windows Xp, and got the same result. I used every USB port I could find, and it remains the same. It just doesn't show up in the USB ports, when I look at all my drivers.

Do I need to update the USB drivers, or did I just get a bad Hotwire?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am checking daily for the 200v update.... I am getting anxious.

I am running wgt 4 cell w/13.5 Tri Duo this weekend on an asphalt that is roughly 80'x120'. Should I be working with timing advance or boost? So far, I have only played with TA @ 25+/- based on heat w/ motor timing in the 0* hole & 17+/-TA in the 10* hole.

Anyone have that "nail in the coffin" advice for a checkered flag weekend?

Thanks!
Brian
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
My computer is giving hotwire, no love. And I'm sure you've heard this before.

When I open hotwire from my computer, it says it can't find hotwire from the USB connection. Both my ESC and Hotwire are working as is shows in the manual. I have windows Xp, so the software should supports it.
I uninstalled, and reinstalled it 4 times already, and still nothing. I used a different computer, with Windows Xp, and got the same result. I used every USB port I could find, and it remains the same. It just doesn't show up in the USB ports, when I look at all my drivers.

Do I need to update the USB drivers, or did I just get a bad Hotwire?
Make ABSOLUTELY sure that the USB cable is plugged right into the hotwire, I had a similar problem when I first used it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

I get the following message when I open Hotwire although the software seems to work OK, the ESC is only a couple of weeks old;

Is this anything I should worry about or is it OK.

Is the following normal for 198?;

Thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have the same issue as skiddins...

i uninstalled the 3.25 version which had this issue and redownloaded the same version 3.25 off the website... I understood from earlier posts that the issue was fixed but the version number stayed the same... i reflashed the device to older version 194, and again the issue remained...

i'm using vista..and yes i deleted the .esc file in the virtual store...
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think I saw somewhere that the hotwire is already looking for some of the 199/200 information that's why you get the error box. Just ignore it everything still works fine.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ive gave up

Sick of waiting, as soon as 2000 comes (without bugs) ???????? Since i had my 2 RS esc there has been 184,189,198,199 Have i missed any. Me thinks the entire Tekin user base have been beta testers. A product that was released too early is probabley only now up too speed.
I have sold both my ESCs for a horrible loss and Changed too LRP SPX .Might be proved wrong in the long run but sick of the wait and computer updates that dont work properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.