Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
ok I had it on the wrong motor setting I put it on BR FW thanks for the help so far and hope I didn't wast anyones time.
Don't worry about it. That's what we're here for. It's the little things that make us go nuts! LOL

Glad to see you're back on track.

The RS is a true 1s lipo esc and is proving to be the one to beat. If you're asknig if there will ever be an internally boosted RS my answer is: No Comment...
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The RS is a true 1s lipo esc and is proving to be the one to beat. If you're asknig if there will ever be an internally boosted RS my answer is: No Comment...
How long until you can comment?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wanted to give a quick follow up on an issue I had with infield 'punch' a few weeks ago with a Tekin 17.5. Thanks to all responded with suggestions as my problem is solved.

I have the 198 software and I set the timing on the motor to 0* and went with 15 boost. That seemed to do the trick - good power on the infield. I geared up to 4.3 FDR (tallest I can go without changing spur gears), and I can say I like the feel.

Thanks for the support!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randy

If i could make a suggestion and if im out of place please say so

It would be a fantastic addtion to Tekin Hotwire system if we could save profiles to our computers so taht when we travel to differant tracks we can just reload, a saved profile, say "SMA tempe AUS."

Just a thought
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

I am not impressed so far
I think the tekin is all hype.
ok I had it on the wrong motor setting I put it on BR FW thanks for the help so far and hope I didn't wast anyones time.
So, 4 pages later, we find that it's USER ERROR. It would be nice if people could use the support available (and Randy does an awesome job) and try to fix the problem before crying and giving negative opinions on a public forum. It's damaging to a company's reputation, doesn't solve anything and makes you look, well...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I put it in sensored mode and it does not cog it just does not go right away when I hit the throtle it waits a second. My TA car with the gtb spectrum 21.5 is olmost as fast as the tekin w/ 17.5. I think the tekin is all hype.
Er...

"Better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Tekin is no hype. As we've discovered this side of the pond, if it's not working for you, you're doing something wrong. It's not idiot proof, but once learnt, it is devastatingly effective. Expect a visit to your pit at the IIC Randy!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a quick question for RANDY PIKE....

Will the new software (V200) ve able to hang with the KO BMC? that speed control is crazy fast...

Alex
Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01

Will the new software (V200) ve able to hang with the KO BMC? that speed control is crazy fast...

Alex
With out a doubt it will be as fast if not faster
Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I hope so... Im tired of all the KO boys at our track talking down about Tekin...

Alex

Last edited by hound_dogs_01; 07-24-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, don't be too hard on him. He's new to Tekin as he stated. It can be confusing or overwhelming for the converts. Have patience, will travel...

Yes we will "hang" with them if not surpass them.

We know our hardware is solid, the magic is in the programming. This is why we have a team. The team tests, tests and tests some more to better the product. This in my opinion is one of the largest reason to have a race team.

Promoting a bad product will not accomplish much in the end. Promoting a good/great product that can be felt by all who use it is the goal here.

I'm sorry 200 has taken longer than expected. However I want it to drop in and go. I insisted on the team to get me the setups on their home tracks so the end users(customers) can look at them, find one that is comparable to their home track, run those settings and hit the ground running.

I will be in attendance at the IIC in Vegas so please stop by and say "hi." I will not be racing so I'm there to support any Tekin users.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Guys, don't be too hard on him. He's new to Tekin as he stated. It can be confusing or overwhelming for the converts. Have patience, will travel...

Yes we will "hang" with them if not surpass them.

We know our hardware is solid, the magic is in the programming. This is why we have a team. The team tests, tests and tests some more to better the product. This in my opinion is one of the largest reason to have a race team.

Promoting a bad product will not accomplish much in the end. Promoting a good/great product that can be felt by all who use it is the goal here.

I'm sorry 200 has taken longer than expected. However I want it to drop in and go. I insisted on the team to get me the setups on their home tracks so the end users(customers) can look at them, find one that is comparable to their home track, run those settings and hit the ground running.

I will be in attendance at the IIC in Vegas so please stop by and say "hi." I will not be racing so I'm there to support any Tekin users.
Any new ETA on 200?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
Randy

If i could make a suggestion and if im out of place please say so

It would be a fantastic addtion to Tekin Hotwire system if we could save profiles to our computers so taht when we travel to differant tracks we can just reload, a saved profile, say "SMA tempe AUS."

Just a thought
That will come but it takes time.
Tekin is working on the software to make it faster. For me is that more important.

Alex
Just wait.
Your positions will be reworded.

I hope so... Im tired of all the KO boys at our track talking down about Tekin... even though i can hang with them just need an extra little umph out of the corners and at the end of a straight and ill definately be quicker...

Alex
Let them do so.
The more other speedo's on the track the more advantage you will have.
As the V200 is there, you will smile.
Say noting and just smile. I can tell you that they will be sorry.
I hope that I can film next Saturday to let you see what power it has.
Some think that I drive a mod motor!!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Randy,
I want to make an appointment now. I will need a set up for the spec 17.5 motor in the amateur rubber class and for whatever motor I end up using in 12th scale.

Thanx
Old 07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
I don't speak French but I think that there are more French speaking around here.

But I will try to help you with it.
I can send you screen shots of setups.
That's easier.

Thanks again!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
RS Turbo = F1 KERS.
Kers indeed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.