Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by JL
I've just downloaded the latest software (198) from the Team Tekin website and it seems max boost is 45. I thought it was only meant to go to 30?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Yep that is a goober on our part. We were testing with higher boost and accidentally did not remove it in the version that was posted.
You should NOT use boost above 30. We have something better coming that does allow you to go higher, but intelligently
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JL
I've just downloaded the latest software (198) from the Team Tekin website and it seems max boost is 45. I thought it was only meant to go to 30?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
its a bug.
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for clarifying guys.

So the software's fine to run as long as I keep boost under 30?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We have something better coming that does allow you to go higher, but intelligently
That means only 6 racers worldwide will be able to use it.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Did you test the Turbo software?
Because I think that you don't need the Turbo on the smaller tracks.
The top speed is a lot lower than on the bigger tracks.
For the infield the regular software is great.
Gear it lighter and the TC will not follow you.
Only the guys that now the track very well will bead you than with a TC.
The turbo feature really didn't kick it as the track was small and there was a 180 coming on to the straight so it was basically turn grab full throtle for a second then let off (if you were by yourself) or drive in deep and tap the brakes (in traffic) The turbo truly wasn't needed on this track and I should have been smarter and just turned the feature off. Yes you can do that on this speedo The TC followed me because of the guys car that was running it. I drove his car after the mains and let's just say that Tekin's best driver would have been behind me if I had that car. Put a RS in it and I'm national champ
Originally Posted by Team Pink
Good luck with the testing Clint at Speed World. LMK how it goes.

As far as the smaller track we were running on last weekend, I would say it was another success. In the beginning of the season I was running 189 and had it pretty good. Running the new "turbo feature" i have noticed quite a diferrence. Last weekend it was a one-eighty going on to the back straight and once again we were as fast as the SPX or even faster.
I'll let you know how it went. I was thinking of pulling a double header since JT and Kendell called me today and said they were going to Ripon this weekend. We'll see how lazy I feel after a day at SWR
Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by hacker
now im really confused.

So, with the old software, 30 max boost was really 45 total timing including tekins inbuilt 15 timing sensored mode, IF motor timing was set to 0, which in most cases is set at 10.
So if I set my 30max boost, then the total timing I have been using is 30+15+10=
55 total timing?
Yes and NO
It is not Tekins built in 15deg timing. It is in all the motors and we cannot do much about it. The sensors see the magnet coming before it gets there and it can vary from design to design depending on which sensors they use and the magnet fields.

This is a can of worms we try to avoid and tell people to forget about the behind the scenes stuff. Most talk in physical timing set on the motor because people can see that and understand it. Orange is confusing the game by telling the real truth. Since everyone has the secret extra 15deg or so in their motor it is a wash if we ignore it and just consider physical timing.

Physical timing plus the boost should total around 30 in most cases. Secretly you may be running 45deg of timing but who cares. If we told you to set a 45 total people would put 15 in the motor and 30 in the boost not knowing they are really running 60deg and things would start to go bad.

Where this gets tricky is when comparing to sensorless drive where there is no 15deg early read added to timing. Timing is very accurate in sensorless and why we like it for mod and 1/8 scale. IE in a sensored controller you might run 10deg physcal timing on the motor, which we know is really 25deg real timing. Guess what in sensorless we would run about 80 on our slider for timing which is about 25deg real timing.

Nothing has changed except how we describe it. All your setups should be about the same.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
That means only 6 racers worldwide will be able to use it.
5 cause due to paragon I lost another brain cell last weekend
Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Team Tekin

Actually adding turbo on a small track when you do not need it really should not hurt anything... or at least that is the idea. Even if turbo is on it will not get engage (or at least not very much) unless you are on full throttle long enough to let it.

We are trying to make this less complicated overall, but still give you enough to really dial it in for each motor.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Actually adding turbo on a small track when you do not need it really should not hurt anything... or at least that is the idea. Even if turbo is on it will not get engage (or at least not very much) unless you are on full throttle long enough to let it.

We are trying to make this less complicated overall, but still give you enough to really dial it in for each motor.
It wasn't complicated at all. I was trying to get a happy medium between my personal preference and getting the turbo to engage. On the small track we all pretty much ran a 5.9 final drive ratio. I wanted more bottom end and my car felt like it was still coming on when it was time to let off so I attempted to solve this problem by gearing down to 6.1. With more time I'm sure that I could have hit a real sweet spot that worked well for my driving style. All of our testing was with redline motors. Maybe this weekend once I'm happy with the settings I'll throw in a duo. The only problem there is the timing limitations the can has compared to the redline. It's either 0, 10, or 20. This weekend will be fun and great test results to come. Thanks for a great product.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,
I've just installed my RS Pro and 17.5 Redline in my TC and was wondering about a starting point for FDR (never run 17.5 before)

We race on a small carpet track (60ft straight at most)

I've set the motor timing and software timing to max as per previous posts.

For comparison, a speed passion 13.5 on a speedo that doesn't do any timing changes would be around 5.1-5.3 FDR
Old 06-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Chris your motor timing should be set to 0 to start with if you're going to run full boost on the ESC.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

ok, thanks, I've changed that now
Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

The Turbo will probably kik in when the AMP is lower. That's most of the time when the motor reaches his max speed with the settings you are using.
Than it will ad extra timing and than your amps will go up again but also the RPM.
So when you gear very light. even lighter than 6.1, you will see in the software without the turbo that your top speed will be halfway the straight.
As you put on than the turbo you will see that the car will keep going faster till the end of the straight.
The SPX ads along the way timing. That's what i think because how it works.
tested it and it works great with 1 disadvantage. This way you have less acceleration than the Tekin has.
I drove a SPX and i didn't like it. it looked like it has no throttle at all.
only advantage off the SPX this way is, is that you can gear it quit light and still have a good speed.
Disadvantage of a SPX. it loses power and i have seen several burnt out.
Also is the SPX not ready for 1C lipo
they must buy a new speedo as they want to drive 1C lipo
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

one question.
how many KV has a Tekin redline 10,5T motor?
it's standing by the sensorless motors but not by the sensord motors.
is it the same?
and what is the W of the motor?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

does anyone have any definite answers about the timing/boost advantages?

I mean,
1) max motor timing/0 boost
v's
2) 0 motor timing/max boost

I have not found which one of the combinations ended up better.

In theory, the max motor timing/0 boost will have less torque then option 2. But on track, my results are pretty much the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.