Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Same here no problems with a 3pk fasst system, i am not sure what your problem is but have you set deadband to 10 on the rs pro?
I've set NW = 20 because I read of problems on 3PK with lower values.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The software in the Rx8 and RS is the same save for the sensored only adjustment that is not available in the Rx8.

The dual mode setups between them will give you the same speeds.

If you're racing on a 325ft full throttle track Dual mode may not be the anwer for you. That is an insanely huge track!

Try sensored only mode, 12 degrees on the motor to start out. SLOWLY go up in timing boost as you alter your gearing to compensate. What is your FDR 2.0?

Seriously though I'm here help you get it right. I've just never seen a track that has that much full throttle runline in it.

The RX8 is not intended for use as a TC speedo but it does work.

Dave was at the Reedy helping test the new software. There is less than a dozen guys that have it right now.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any idea when this new FW will be available for the masses?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Dave was at the Reedy helping test the new software. There is less than a dozen guys that have it right now.
I was only kidding Randy, we are all just very anctious to get our hands on a new firmware
Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The software in the Rx8 and RS is the same save for the sensored only adjustment that is not available in the Rx8.

The dual mode setups between them will give you the same speeds.

If you're racing on a 325ft full throttle track Dual mode may not be the anwer for you. That is an insanely huge track!

Try sensored only mode, 12 degrees on the motor to start out. SLOWLY go up in timing boost as you alter your gearing to compensate. What is your FDR 2.0?

Seriously though I'm here help you get it right. I've just never seen a track that has that much full throttle runline in it.

The RX8 is not intended for use as a TC speedo but it does work.

Yeah it is roughly 325ft where for 1/3d it is a very big sweeper wich you can almost use full throttle and the rest is one straight line towards a very sharp 180 degree turn. So full throttle almost 99% throught the 325ft of track. It is a BIG track lol. There are several BIG tracks here so you really have the advantage if you go faster.

That is why the tekin drivers are really struggling with speed in stock here. While everyone in the US is saying lower your pinion or increase you spursize and full boost on the esc the speed just drops significant on a big track. On small tracks it works that is a fact and i can see that as well in the inner part of the circuit but it doesn't make up for the long straight where you can be past by very easy in stock.

I did testing in dual mode with all kinds of rollout and % in timing but it just didn't work. When i tested it in sensord mode, the rs pro in modified is as fast as any other esc . My rollout was around 29mm with 9 on the timing with 4.5t novak and 2S lipo ( i drive pro10).

In 10.5t my last rollout was around 58-59mm and 22 on timing (with new software) and i had good speed. I had to use higher rollout then another driver (his was 54-55mm) who had a sphere competition who drove with the same motor (gm10.5t pro). That is quite a significant change in gearing.
I just could not have the same speed with the same rollout. His was so much faster. With the higher rollout speed was the same (roughly 55m/h). Surprisingly the acceleration was not the same throughout the entire acceleration.

I posted this before.
The start of acceleration i was a little faster or it was roughly even. Then he gained on me so he was a little faster in acceleration in the middle part of the acceleration and in the last bit it seemd like i was gaining acceleration again till we had to break for the 180 degrees sharp turn. He said afterwards that he felt mine was faster on the straight but this could be because of the isue of different acceleration to get to the same top speed. We drove maybe 1-2 feet behind eachother so i noticed it and could see it. Seems odd but it felt like that on the long straight.

I appreciate the help. If you want someone to test your new software on a BIG track then please i can be your testsubject lol.

edit:
RCpoint ( he drives on the same track) said in one of his postst the track is 350ft of almost full throttle maybe my calculation of meters to feet is a little off :-)

Last edited by 2wdrive; 06-05-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
I've set NW = 20 because I read of problems on 3PK with lower values.
After updating the sofware did you re-calibrate the esc? Because i have a pk fasst as well and i have neutral width on 10 but could set it to 0 as well with no issue. When i don't re-calibrate after updating my throttle hangs after i apply throttle. When re-calibrating it is ok. Are all your throttle settings on the transmitter set to factory default? Could you explain what the problem is exactly?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

This is our big track....so you can see that we need top speed very much.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

The track is so long that you can go eat and drink when you are on the straight
But we have more big tracks. Not as big as this one but the other tracks have also big straights.

The track were i drive is a lot smaller because you may only drive electro on it.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Hi guys,
Received my RS Pro today and installed the Hotwire software from the Tekin website...

Plugged in the speedo and updated to 198. It's on factory default settings, but now the Hotwire software says something like "user values are outside of expected range, your esc may not be compatible with this version of hotwire"

Suggestions please ?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

ignore that warning screen.
If your esc shows its running 198 then its all good.
The warning has to do with a boost/turbo feature still to come in the next update.
This update will give the ability to have more top speed essentially for longer tracks.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpoint
This is our big track....so you can see that we need top speed very much.

Yeah that one :-). It starts in front of the drivers stand and then full throttle in the sweeper on the right and full throttle all the way to the sharp 180degrees turn on the left part of the picture.

The straight part is roughly 19ft wide

edit:
Total circuit is 910ft long

Last edited by 2wdrive; 06-05-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys im having trouble get breaks out of my rs pro i have done every thing i think i have done ''nw'' calibations every thing is how it is ment to be i run a 4pk any ideas before i make a change to lrp spx.

regards clinton
Old 06-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

I've just received my RS pro + Tekin 10.5 + Hotwire. I'm running a med. grip med-large track with 7.4 Lipo. I have applied these settings:

db-off
rs-100
bs-100
nw-5
bl-fw
tp-4
vc-2
pc-off
tb-25
cc-off

Tekin 10.5 Timing: 16º

Any suggestion? Is Power Cap usefull?

Thank you,

Joan.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Randy, you have a pm.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e4rs
hi guys im having trouble get breaks out of my rs pro i have done every thing i think i have done ''nw'' calibations every thing is how it is ment to be i run a 4pk any ideas before i make a change to lrp spx.

regards clinton
Try putting NW to 10 and Drag Brake to 70..I bet ya leave skid marks..LOL Mine is at 68% Drag Brake and 95% next 2 brake settings and I can lock down solid if need be. Be sure your settings are set correctly, Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.